Get the f*** back in the huddle

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

This has been reported for days now. See story here.
"We started to break the huddle early, and he said, ‘Get the f--- back in the huddle, and don’t break it until I break it.’ He kind of cussed at all of us linemen, and I was like, ‘Hell, yeah. I respect the s--- out of that.’

- Josh Sitton
Maybe I missed it but this hasn't been discussed here. What do you think about this? Major leadership demonstration? Or enhanced bit of not much?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

He's commanding the offense and the huddle. As a rookie? With veteran linemen?

Yuge.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

It's great to hear for such a young kid to be able to command the huddle like that. However, I want to see continued improvement in his reads, accuracy and overall growth as an NFL QB week to week. I know it's tough with the type of receivers he has to throw to, but there have been plays he's missed which I'm sure he'd like to have back.
Never Die Easy
UOK
Site Admin

Love it.
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Wounded Bear
MVP

And then the team was flagged for delay of game.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

All in due time...

Have no worries about him. Sure he didn't make all the reads, maybe a bad throw. There is room for improvement. But that's completely expected from a rookie QB. Under the circumstances he is doing just fine. The thing is, he has all the tools and has shown them all at points and has the respect of the team and coaches. This is why I like him being in there and learning on the field, it will speed up his development. I am convinced this time next year you will see a very solid QB leading the team.
Richie
MVP

I mean, I like the kid too guys... but jeez. lol

Some people here would give Trubisky a round of applause for wiping his ass correctly if they could.

"You see that? He got all of the feces out of his asshole! It's a clean asshole! When you're an NFL quarterback, ya gotta have a clean ass! All the greats had a clean ass! Marino, Montana, Tarkenton, Brady, Manning... all of them. CLEAN ASSES. Not a swampy ass in the bunch. This kid's on the right track! Love it!"
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Richie wrote:I mean, I like the kid too guys... but jeez. lol

Some people here would give Trubisky a round of applause for wiping his ass correctly if they could.

"You see that? He got all of the feces out of his asshole! It's a clean asshole! When you're an NFL quarterback, ya gotta have a clean ass! All the greats had a clean ass! Marino, Montana, Tarkenton, Brady, Manning... all of them. CLEAN ASSES. Not a swampy ass in the bunch. This kid's on the right track! Love it!"
Come on man.... get a grip
Richie
MVP

46Blitz wrote:

It's a joke...

I said I like Trub. A lot, actually.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I’ve been clamoring for a story like this. Next I see him getting on a lineman for blocking the wrong guy, or a receiver for running the wrong route. Not being an asshole, but holding people accountable for their mistakes. This is Mitchell’s team, man. No doubt about it.
botfly10
Player of the Month

Wounded Bear wrote:And then the team was flagged for delay of game.
LOL

Thats what I thought this thread was going to be about. Thought it was was gon be general bitching about Bears being slow to get plays in, slow to get in and out of the huddle and up to the line. Which I agree has been frustrating at times.

But this is cool too. Good to hear Trubs is speaking up.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

enhanced bit of not much
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:

He's not wrong
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's good he showed command presence. For a rookie to tell vets like Long, or Sitton, "I am in charge" shows some balls.

Sure it doesn't show of he will have a successful career. It does point to the correct mental make up though.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

yep the :hungry: kid's head is screwed on right, so now what?
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

pus wrote:yep the :hungry: kid's head is screwed on right, so now what?
Hopefully he fixes his mechanics under pressure, continues to learn and progress.
Funkster
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
pus wrote:yep the :hungry: kid's head is screwed on right, so now what?
Hopefully he fixes his mechanics under pressure, continues to learn and progress.
I was thinking the same thing. My counter thought is he hasn't really been given a fair opportunity to show what type of passer he can be. The Bears have basically thrown only on obvious passing situations. Defenders are brining the heat and the Bears line hasn't been pass protecting well.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I don't care all that much about this. Could you imagine Cade McNown or Johnny Manziel saying such a thing? I can. And what kind of leaders were those guys? Further, Sitton is supposed to say positives about teammates. So "enhanced" is entirely possible. I'm not saying that what was reportedly said was bad. It's fine. But it's a small thing and the context of the QBs other actions are far more significant.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
docc
Head Coach

Actually I can't imagine Cade McClown doing anything maybe but "Dudes please come back"...
No Balls,,and no game..and a coke head..

Oh Johnny..?
Yeah..
Coke head idiot
jamus34
Journeyman

I LOL'ed at that mainly because there are people I work with that will do that shit.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:It's good he showed command presence. For a rookie to tell vets like Long, or Sitton, "I am in charge" shows some balls.
well, it is sort of his job to be in charge, so I don't see the big deal here ... if it motivates his O-Line to play better, that's cool but the reality is they should be properly motivated in the first place without someone yelling shit at them
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well, Biscuits confirmed that he indeed say that to Pro-Bowl G Josh Sitton. I love it too. I want to see my QB take control of the offense and set the tone.

Biscuits Confirms