Tanner Gentry promoted to active roster

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:
malk wrote:Gentry should, at most be coming in to run his one route as a 3rd receiver. Our corps mean he has to do more than that and it's a bit unfair on him. Sure his routes are crap but they aren't going to improve during the season. I hope he can get better over the off season and be useful as a #5 next year rather than us giving up on him because he didn't go from UDFA to solid #2 in his rookie year.

Oh and I'd have Q back in a heartbeat. I've no idea why we aren't kicking the tires on him, it's crazy.
For real. I always liked Q.
I'm having a brain fart - who is Q?
Never Die Easy
BR0D1E86
MVP

DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:
malk wrote:Gentry should, at most be coming in to run his one route as a 3rd receiver. Our corps mean he has to do more than that and it's a bit unfair on him. Sure his routes are crap but they aren't going to improve during the season. I hope he can get better over the off season and be useful as a #5 next year rather than us giving up on him because he didn't go from UDFA to solid #2 in his rookie year.

Oh and I'd have Q back in a heartbeat. I've no idea why we aren't kicking the tires on him, it's crazy.
Marquess Wilson I think. I assume he'd tear something in his elbow signing the contract.
Wounded Bear
MVP

BR0D1E86 wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:

Marquess Wilson I think. I assume he'd tear something in his elbow signing the contract.
I think Fed-Ex IR'd him after he broke his foot jumping out of the truck. This was supposed to be his year.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
malk
Head Coach

Please guys, these jokes, I'm laughing so hard I can't get my breath back, you're killing me.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:Please guys, these jokes, I'm laughing so hard I can't get my breath back, you're killing me.
:toast:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:

I think Fed-Ex IR'd him after he broke his foot jumping out of the truck. This was supposed to be his year.
damn ... and with the holiday season coming up, that means he won't qualify for their 'Helpful Elf' bonus
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

He got cut. Shame that he's a bust, I liked him at preseason.
UOK
Site Admin

PapaDongo wrote:He got cut. Shame that he's a bust, I liked him at preseason.
He's not a bust. I think he could definitely be a contributor as a 3rd/4th WR on a team with 1-2 actual NFL starting wideouts. He's not meant to be the X, though.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Well players dont get cut over and over in their rookie year. Its not like hes thr next Daonte Thompson and he is gonna to catch on with a good team. In order to be a successful white WR you have to play smart and I just don't think Tanner has the grey matter to make it in this league.
UOK
Site Admin

PapaDongo wrote:Well players dont get cut over and over in their rookie year. Its not like hes thr next Daonte Thompson and he is gonna to catch on with a good team. In order to be a successful white WR you have to play smart and I just don't think Tanner has the grey matter to make it in this league.
Sigh. Okay, so any more posts like this and I may have to consider warnings, suspensions, and locking this thread.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:Well players dont get cut over and over in their rookie year. Its not like hes thr next Daonte Thompson and he is gonna to catch on with a good team. In order to be a successful white WR you have to play smart and I just don't think Tanner has the grey matter to make it in this league.
Sigh. Okay, so any more posts like this and I may have to consider warnings, suspensions, and locking this thread.
Why!?!?! The amount of comedy in that paragraph is off the charts.
Adipost
MVP

UOK wrote:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

go fuck yourself and post your bullshit at some alt right website, not here :flick:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:He got cut. Shame that he's a bust, I liked him at preseason.
So undrafted FA is a bust? Wow. You have to be somebody before you can be a bust.
wab
Mod

Just go away.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:
Just go away.
Thirded? Fourthed?

Whatever. Agreed.
YOGABBA
Rookie

This is an awful lot of posts for a fringe roster move.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

asinine post of the week and it's only Monday
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
G08
Hall of Famer

YOGABBA wrote:This is an awful lot of posts for a fringe roster move.
It's a message board for a passionate fan base. Why are you surprised?

YOGABBA
Rookie

[quote="G08"][quote="YOGABBA"]This is an awful lot of posts for a fringe roster move.[/quote]

It's a message board for a passionate fan base. Why are you surprised?[/quote]
That doesn't equal passion.
wab
Mod

YOGABBA wrote:
G08 wrote:
The Bears top 4 WR's have been out for varying periods of time...and you are surprised that people are talking about a WR? Even a fringe one that seemed to click with the QB in preseason?
G08
Hall of Famer

YOGABBA wrote:
G08 wrote:
What does, though? Creating multiple accounts on a message board? If so then I know a very, very passionate Bears fan!

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Let's be honest, Tanner Gentry does not have the tools to compete at an NFL level in any sort of starting capacity. People wanted him to succeed I guess because he looked good in shorts with the rookie qb, playing against scrubs on other teams in preseason, and because he's an underdog I guess, but he doesn't have the quickness, upper body strength, agility, shiftiness, or even that "alpha" personality to make it. Nothing really stands out about the guy. Don't know why people are really seeing in the guy, he looks like a little boy when he's playing in real games.
YOGABBA
Rookie

[quote="G08"][quote="YOGABBA"][quote="G08"][quote="YOGABBA"]This is an awful lot of posts for a fringe roster move.[/quote]

It's a message board for a passionate fan base. Why are you surprised?[/quote]
That doesn't equal passion.[/quote]

What does, though? Creating multiple accounts on a message board? If so then I know a very, very passionate Bears fan![/quote]
Are you still accusing me of this? Really?
docc
Head Coach

..and..He's back on PS...

Use the kid deep..as he was in HS,,College and fricken peeseason..