2018 NFL Draft Prospects

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

malk
Head Coach

Edmunds at 8 and another at 39 would be pretty nice when I think about it. Particularly if Edmunds can continue to play some inside.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

I don’t know if I like Landry that high, but it’s clear to me that 8 needs to be a pass rusher. If they get WRs and a corner in FA then pass rusher at 8 and 5T at 39 is my preference.

Edmunds/Taven Bryan would look good as the Bears 1-2 picks.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:I don’t know if I like Landry that high, but it’s clear to me that 8 needs to be a pass rusher. If they get WRs and a corner in FA then pass rusher at 8 and 5T at 39 is my preference.

I've had this feeling since watching Edmunds film that Pace was going to get him, even if Nelson's there at 8. Not only that, I believe Pace is prepared to trade up a spot or two to get him. But this is based on nothing other than my own gut.
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:
wab wrote:I don’t know if I like Landry that high, but it’s clear to me that 8 needs to be a pass rusher. If they get WRs and a corner in FA then pass rusher at 8 and 5T at 39 is my preference.

I've had this feeling since watching Edmunds film that Pace was going to get him, even if Nelson's there at 8. Not only that, I believe Pace is prepared to trade up a spot or two to get him. But this is based on nothing other than my own gut.
Yeah, it's weird. I was looking at pass rusher highlights and came across Edmunds and though, man...this really looks like a Pace guy. At first I was hoping that the Bears could sneak him in with their second round pick, but figured his name would start gaining steam. I'd be perfectly happy with him at 8. He and Nelson have been my guys since the beginning.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
UOK wrote:

Yeah, it's weird. I was looking at pass rusher highlights and came across Edmunds and though, man...this really looks like a Pace guy. At first I was hoping that the Bears could sneak him in with their second round pick, but figured his name would start gaining steam. I'd be perfectly happy with him at 8. He and Nelson have been my guys since the beginning.
Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Ward, Nelson... we should be fine at 8 I believe.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

Davenport would be my fallback I guess if Edmunds is gone.

Vita Vea is someone that is worth keeping an eye on at #8 too. Not my favorite pick, but that dude is just not of this earth.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Sounds like you see Bullard as a sub package guy only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
G08
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:Sounds like you see Bullard as a sub package guy only?

wab hates Bullard

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
crueltyabc wrote:Sounds like you see Bullard as a sub package guy only?

wab hates Bullard
So much. But yes, I see him as a sub package guy at this point.
UOK
Site Admin

Bullard has been ... nothing. He flashed a bit in last preseason, but he's not a playmaker. Nor is he awful. He's middling and unexceptional to the point where he fades into the background. His name is never called for good or bad. He exists in a gaseous medium of football nothingness.
G08
Hall of Famer

PFF had him at a 75.8 last season FWIW.

I like the kid, needs to prove that he can handle work at 5T rather than just playing 3T in sub packages (although that was his bread and butter at Florida).

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Wab mentioned Taven Bryan in another thread. I kind of looked past him, wrongly. He is a beast. I would actually consider him at 8. As a badger fan the JJ Watt comp isn't exactly accurate. But poor man's version isn't far off.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Wab mentioned Taven Bryan in another thread. I kind of looked past him, wrongly. He is a beast. I would actually consider him at 8. As a badger fan the JJ Watt comp isn't exactly accurate. But poor man's version isn't far off.
Welcome to the light.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:Wab mentioned Taven Bryan in another thread. I kind of looked past him, wrongly. He is a beast. I would actually consider him at 8. As a badger fan the JJ Watt comp isn't exactly accurate. But poor man's version isn't far off.

I’d feel a lot better about that comparison if he had put up anywhere close to a Watt season.

Bryan looks the part, has the measureables, and his highlights are awesome.

But it hasn’t translated necessarily into production/box score - and that concerns me.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
Hematite
Player of the Month

Hiphopopotamos wrote:

I’d feel a lot better about that comparison if he had put up anywhere close to a Watt season.

Bryan looks the part, has the measureables, and his highlights are awesome.

But it hasn’t translated necessarily into production/box score - and that concerns me.
I really, really like Bryan if he somehow falls to the 2nd round. I doubt it, but I think he will be drafted mid to late in the first round. Can't see top 10 though!
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

Chad Reuter 5 round Mock on NFL.com:

Bears picks:

(1) OG Quentin Nelson
(2) DE/T Taven Bryan
(3)
(4a) EDGE Kemoko Turay
(4b) OT Jemarco Jones
(5) DB Darius Phillips
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
G08
Hall of Famer

Meh... I'd rather go Tremaine Edmunds in the first, Will Hernandez in the second, trade both 4ths to move up in the third for Josey Jewell, and take an OT in the 5th.

wab
Mod

Hiphopopotamos wrote:Chad Reuter 5 round Mock on NFL.com:

Bears picks:

(1) OG Quentin Nelson
(2) DE/T Taven Bryan
(3)
(4a) EDGE Kemoko Turay
(4b) OT Jemarco Jones
(5) DB Darius Phillips
I'd love this draft. Turay is one of my sleepers.
cblaz11
MVP

I wouldn't hate it

Bryan is a great athlete but he has high bust potential. If you watch a full game off him, he plays upright and his motor isn't what you would expect. I don't like him in the 1st, but I do in the 2nd.

Kemoko Turay....love that pick. Kids gonna be a solid player!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:I wouldn't hate it

Bryan is a great athlete but he has high bust potential. If you watch a full game off him, he plays upright and his motor isn't what you would expect. I don't like him in the 1st, but I do in the 2nd.

I am not a big fan of Turay. He is worth a 4th based solely on physical ability. He reminds me of Nick Perry without the strong hands. Both are a bit rigid in there movements. Turay can close. If he figures out how to use his hands and counter, there might be something there. Some of my problems come on how he was used, and I shouldn't count that against him. To often he wasn't trying to get up field which irritated me but it's not his fault.

I also disagree with Bryan. Yes he does get to high out of his stance. He is a unique talent.
cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:

I am not a big fan of Turay. He is worth a 4th based solely on physical ability. He reminds me of Nick Perry without the strong hands. Both are a bit rigid in there movements. Turay can close. If he figures out how to use his hands and counter, there might be something there. Some of my problems come on how he was used, and I shouldn't count that against him. To often he wasn't trying to get up field which irritated me but it's not his fault.

I also disagree with Bryan. Yes he does get to high out of his stance. He is a unique talent.
Couldn't disagree more. Turay has flaws, but hand usage is not one of them. Look below, you don't see many guys out of college doing what he does with his hands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtsco ... turay/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:

17 second mark, 39 second, 51...the guy uses his hands very well

https://youtubevideos.io/Cfb-film-room- ... JqHNWeaQy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cblaz11
MVP

I like Bryan..he flashes in this game. That being said, he also ends up on his butt a lot.

One of the most important things for a Dlinemen is staying on your feet, there are a lot of plays in every game where he doesn't do it. At the next level, that will double if he doesn't develop. Again, I like him, but not at 8, and probably not in the 1st.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/05/ta ... tate-2017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:

https://youtubevideos.io/Cfb-film-room- ... JqHNWeaQy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eh I could be wrong. I remember linemen getting into his chest more.
Adipost
MVP

Here’s a really great read...

Retired NFL defensive lineman Stephen White breaks down the pass rusher who might have the highest ceiling of any in the draft.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/20/17089168/2018-nfl-draft-marcus-davenport-breakdown-scouting-report
G08
Hall of Famer

I've completely forgotten about Davenport. I just feel like dude is way too raw for #8.

Hematite
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:I've completely forgotten about Davenport. I just feel like dude is way too raw for #8.
I feel the same way about Edmunds at 8 as well (as an edge rusher). Edmunds freakish athletic ability cushions that somewhat, but with our biggest need being edge rusher, its a worry. If Pace picks him, I'm sure he's satisfied he will fill that role nicely.

I'm with you 100% on Edge Rusher, Guard/Center in the first two rounds.
UOK
Site Admin

@AdamSchefter

Michigan’s potential first-round pick Mo Hurst has met with cardiologists at University of Michigan and Harvard, and they have cleared him to resume playing football, per league source. Hurst will do a full workout at Michigan's pro day on Friday.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

What are everyone's thoughts on Duke Ejiofor OLB/Edge Wake Forest? Like him? Dislike him? Reasoning?
Never Die Easy
cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:

Eh I could be wrong. I remember linemen getting into his chest more.

He kind of reminds me of Rosey Colvin. I watched a couple full games and ya, he def is struggling to get off blocks. I like him, but wouldn't want him until the 4th