Happy 4/20 everyone!

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

How will you spend the evening? :D
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

If it was back in the day, supporting the economy of Mexico both from cheap tequila and weed. But that ship sailed long ago. Hope you're celebrating accordingly, DP.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
UOK
Site Admin

Unfortunately couldn't celebrate yesterday, but perhaps this weekend.
wab
Mod

I'm not a weed guy...at all. Never have been. So I grilled some steaks and drank a beer.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:18 am I'm not a weed guy...at all. Never have been. So I grilled some steaks and drank a beer.
Also an outstanding pasttime! Which beer?
wab
Mod

UOK wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 am
wab wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:18 am I'm not a weed guy...at all. Never have been. So I grilled some steaks and drank a beer.
I've been drinking Voodoo Ranger Juice Force since it started warming up down here. Usually I'm a simpleton when it comes to beer...Shiner and Miller Lite are generally what I drink. But I'm trying to expand my horizons.

Also - I have zero issues with folks who like the sticky icky. It just happens to trigger my migraines...so it has to be a hard no for me.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:26 pm
UOK wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 am

I've been drinking Voodoo Ranger Juice Force since it started warming up down here. Usually I'm a simpleton when it comes to beer...Shiner and Miller Lite are generally what I drink. But I'm trying to expand my horizons.

Also - I have zero issues with folks who like the sticky icky. It just happens to trigger my migraines...so it has to be a hard no for me.
Voodoo is a little too out there for me, but if you like it, hell yeah. I generally like Coors Light, Blue Moon, and Fat Tire, but other recommendations I enjoy on the regular:

- Delirium Tremens
- Unibroue's La Fin du Monde (all their stuff is good)
- Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale
- Dogfish Head's SeaQuench Ale

As far as weed goes, wife and I only started occasionally smoking (well, vaping) since it became legal in IL. We've got a few dry vaporizers and disposable pens that work great. Edibles, eh. We've tried a bunch but none of them were really anything to our liking. I prefer just having a low-stakes beer most nights.
Heinz D.
MVP

dplank wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:43 pm How will you spend the evening? :D
My mother's love was inexplicably linked to kickball.
Xee
Site Admin

Watched the SpaceX launch in the morning with my son and then went to work as usual. I don't drink or smoke but I figure if I ever get the urge to experiment later in life, weed is what I'd like to try out.
UOK
Site Admin

Xee wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:45 am Watched the SpaceX launch in the morning with my son and then went to work as usual. I don't drink or smoke but I figure if I ever get the urge to experiment later in life, weed is what I'd like to try out.
The SpaceX launch provided all the smoke anyone needed, really.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

If you partake in weed, it's very important to take the time to learn about the different strains, as the effects are quite varied.

Use a vaporizer because smoking weed like tobacco can be irritating to your lungs.

I've been a weed guy since 1969. Got introduced to it when I was in Marine boot camp - Acapulco Gold no less. God bless the USMC for that, at least.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
UOK
Site Admin

pus wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:55 am If you partake in weed, it's very important to take the time to learn about the different strains, as the effects are quite varied.

Use a vaporizer because smoking weed like tobacco can be irritating to your lungs.

I've been a weed guy since 1969. Got introduced to it when I was in Marine boot camp - Acapulco Gold no less. God bless the USMC for that, at least.
We use a dry vaporizer (the Storz & Bickel Mighty) that we enjoy quite a bit.