For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Tony Pauline seems to think so... harvested from Sports Mockery

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... -williams/
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

wab wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:33 pm Tony Pauline seems to think so... harvested from Sports Mockery

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... -williams/
I recall another QB from there that EVERYONE didn't think had what it takes to be an NFL QB and he did very well.

(side note: I was a fan of Brady's when he was in the draft. Seemed like he was a winner that was a good call to throw a 3rd or 4th round pick at. Just think if I had been ask my opinion - and lets overlook all the BAD one's I've had.)
The Cooler King
Hall of Famer

I could see him rising with workouts, but would be pretty surprised at top 3. He lacks some of the exciting tape the other guys have (due to the fact he wasn't asked to do much in Michigan O) and I'd be a bit worthy about his size. But when he's throwing against air, I think the NFL arm will show. Still very young too so you can definitely talk yourself into him growing into a more mature NFL body too.

He's gonna be an interesting case study. Minnesota if they wanted to bridge with Cousins or LA and sit behind Stafford would be ideal spots for him to land and sit a year or two, IMO. But if he's going top 10, probably gets pressure to play early on and who knows. If he ends up in AFC I'll actually be cheering for him as he attended my HS alma mater (before transferring to IMG, so I have a bit of a homer vested interest).
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Cooler King wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:10 pm I could see him rising with workouts, but would be pretty surprised at top 3. He lacks some of the exciting tape the other guys have (due to the fact he wasn't asked to do much in Michigan O) and I'd be a bit worthy about his size. But when he's throwing against air, I think the NFL arm will show. Still very young too so you can definitely talk yourself into him growing into a more mature NFL body too.

He's gonna be an interesting case study. Minnesota if they wanted to bridge with Cousins or LA and sit behind Stafford would be ideal spots for him to land and sit a year or two, IMO. But if he's going top 10, probably gets pressure to play early on and who knows. If he ends up in AFC I'll actually be cheering for him as he attended my HS alma mater (before transferring to IMG, so I have a bit of a homer vested interest).
I like the kid and want him to succeed. So please don't let him go to Minnesota.
Burl
Crafty Veteran

No question he's a clutch performer and all that, but man, I'm just not sure the production is there to make a real thorough evaluation.
I could see a 2nd rounder.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Burl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:36 pm No question he's a clutch performer and all that, but man, I'm just not sure the production is there to make a real thorough evaluation.
I would predict 2nd or 3rd round.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:42 pm
Burl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:36 pm No question he's a clutch performer and all that, but man, I'm just not sure the production is there to make a real thorough evaluation.
He's a 21 year old QB with an NFL-caliber arm, NFL-caliber athleticism, and a 5:1 TD to interception ratio.

He'll be going Day 1, probably top half of the first.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Seen several articles that he's a Poles type of guy - leader, winner, competitor, tough, smart, doesn't turn the ball over. Unfortunately he has about half the passing attempts or less of Penix, Williams, Nix, and Maye, and that's a red flag for picking a QB. Mitch was the same with too few passing attempts. He's not making it out of the first round, he may be available between 10 and 20 if the Bears trade back to that spot.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Maybe trade with Commandos or Patriots, take MHJ with that pick and then take JJ at 9?
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

JJ is like my least favorite QB in this draft.
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

I like winners and JJ seems to have that.

I would only, maybe accept that pick if it were a bonus 2nd rounder following a #1 trade down in which we grab a haul of picks including a 2nd rounder which we use on JJ as a back up to Justin. In that scenario you let JJ develop on the bench next year while you determine if Justin deserves the long term deal.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:20 pm
southdakbearfan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:42 pm

He's a 21 year old QB with an NFL-caliber arm, NFL-caliber athleticism, and a 5:1 TD to interception ratio.

He'll be going Day 1, probably top half of the first.
Dude also completed only 10 passes in the title game.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I honestly don't want anything to do with a "Harbaugh enhanced" QB without Harbaugh.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Hoog
Pro Bowler

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:30 pm Maybe trade with Commandos or Patriots, take MHJ with that pick and then take JJ at 9?
I've propsed this in the past. I have watched him play a lot and he just has that "leader" mentality, along with skills. I see him being a better NFL QB than college QB, and he was very good in college.

The problem now is, will he be there at #9? I wouldn't bitch about a JF and JJ depth chart.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:30 pm Maybe trade with Commandos or Patriots, take MHJ with that pick and then take JJ at 9?
I posted a mock draft with a trade back to the Pats, taking MHJ at 3 and JJ at 9. I'm just wondering if the Bears could trade #9 to the Raiders at 13 and still snag him. If not, Bruce Arians, who's a pretty good QB evaluator and working as a consultant to the Bucs is high on Michael Penix, says he's the real deal. The Bears could trade back again in the first and grab him.
Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
wab
Mod

UOK
Site Admin

I mean, if the Bears get a shit-for-brains offer at 9 because some dopey team wants to trade their souls away for JJ McCarthy, I mean, all the better for the Bears.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

wab wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:03 pm
It’s nothing to do with me :D
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Geno Smith was going anywhere from #1 to top 10, until he slide into the 2nd.
Just last year the “draft buzz” was Will Levis was top 15 for sure, until he wasn’t in the first round.
Aaron Rodgers was a green room guy, on par with Alex Smith, whom fell to the 20’s
Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell #1 was all the debate, until Brady slid to 22.

I am about 90% sure the un-named sources are these guys agents making up stories.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:14 pm Geno Smith was going anywhere from #1 to top 10, until he slide into the 2nd.
Just last year the “draft buzz” was Will Levis was top 15 for sure, until he wasn’t in the first round.
Aaron Rodgers was a green room guy, on par with Alex Smith, whom fell to the 20’s
Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell #1 was all the debate, until Brady slid to 22.

I am about 90% sure the un-named sources are these guys agents making up stories.
It's possible.

I guess we'll see in April.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

Some noise he will be a top 10 pick -- we'll see!

I think the first 3 picks will consist of Caleb Williams, Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels.

Would be awesome if he was there at 9 and multiple teams were hot to get him 😈
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS