WR: White (22)
LT: Leno Jr (24)
LG: Whitehair (22)
C: Grassu (24)
RG: Long (27)
RT: Massie (26)
TE: Miller (31)
WR: Jeffery (26)
Slot WR: Wilson (23), Braverman (22) or Royal (29)
QB: Cutty (33)
RB: Langford (24)

Average age: 26.18 (I used Royal in this example)

Compared to how old this freaking roster was two years ago?? This is outstanding!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
IotaNet
MVP

G08 wrote: ... Compared to how old this freaking roster was two years ago?? This is outstanding!
Yes and I also like how we're flipping the roster from "Primarily Free Agents" to "Homegrown Talent."

Anyone remember this article? (Also from 2 years ago)
On Jun 13, 2014, SB Nation wrote:Just how bad have the Chicago Bears been at drafting?

Shea McClellin, Kyle Long and Kyle Fuller. Those are the three #1 draft picks from current Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery, and they are the only three #1 draft picks on the Bears' current roster that they drafted themselves.

That's the least amount of number one picks of all 32 teams in the NFL, and that's pretty sad.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/6 ... t-drafting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We're not all the way there yet but I like that you can see the plan unfolding.
Last edited by IotaNet on Fri May 20, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Gen. Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

The beauty of it all is that if we hit on these draft picks, we can start building depth in the next draft.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:The beauty of it all is that if we hit on these draft picks, we can start building depth in the next draft.
I am pretty high on a lot of the picks but realistically they won't hit on all of them. What's good though is from what we have all read they all are guys that easily could be strong depth guys. Most of the class though do have starter traits, so I am just as hopeful.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think next year we will need to draft a TE high, SS possibly, and maybe a CB depending upon how they feel about Hall's development this season.

QB as well... Chad Kelly is a fucking bitch but man that kid can sling it.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Hall will be a project. Clearly I am a fan of him, but his technique needs a lot of work. He false steps, reaches with the wrong hand, can get sloppy with his hips. But his instincts are top notch. He may pick it up quickly. More likely he will need a period of time to hone his craft, but his upside is great.
Pagan
MVP

An interesting metric on drafting successfully is drafting 3 starters/contributors out of every draft. It'll be telling going forward to gage Pace's draft success based on these #'s.
G08
Hall of Famer

Right now I would say I've got Whitehair and Bullard as locks to be contributing meaningfully. I want to throw Floyd in there but I REALLY can't wait to see how he looks in camp / in the pre-season before I say he'll be a meaningful contributor.

Howard will have a niche role, Kwitkowski will be a 4 phase special teamer and backup to both ILB positions on D.
Pagan
MVP

That's 4 possibly 5 players who contribute without considering any of this year's drafted/undrafted CB's or WR's. Last year's draft seems to be successful as well.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

Amazing progress in such a short period of time. TE and QB need to be addressed and ee flipped the whole team over.

I stand alone.