• Darnell Mooney (concussion)
  • Tyson Bagent (illness)
  • Jaylon Johnson (shoulder)
  • Patrick Scales (foot)
Limited:
  • Cole Kmet (knee)
  • DJ Moore (ankle)
  • Khalil Herbert (back)
QB Chris Streveler is apparently working out for the Bears today, presumably as possible emergency cover in case Bagent doesn't overcome his illness. He threw a few passes in games for the Cardinals in 2020/2021 and started a game for the Jets last year where he was 10 of 15 for 90 yards with no TDs or INTs and an 82.6 rating in 19 - 3 defeat to the Jaguars.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Friday's update:

Out:

Let's be honest, he's probably played his last game for the Bears. A disappointing way for his time in Chicago to end.
Questionable:
  • Cole Kmet (knee)
  • Tyson Bagent (illness)
  • Patrick Scales (foot)

All 3 had full participation in practice so will hopefully be good to go.

Patrick Scales played in his 100th consecutive game last week. He said the streak "doesn’t really determine whether I go or not, but I want to be there for the guys and help the operation and help the team win more than anything. It’s day-to-day still. Hopefully it keeps trending in the right direction and we’ll be good.”
  • Khalil Herbert (back/personal)

Herbert did not practice.
  • Kyler Gordon (calf)

Gordon's injury happened in training on Wednesday. Matt Eberflus said Gordon is “hopefully trending in the right direction.”
Doubtful:

Ebeflus: “We’re trying to get him there. With that calibre of player, we’re doing everything we can to get him to the game.”

Personally I'd be surprised if Johnson plays. Being a free agent he's got too much on the line to risk further aggravating an injury.
DJ Moore had full participation at practice Friday and will start against the Packers.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:25 am Friday's update:

Out:

Let's be honest, he's probably played his last game for the Bears. A disappointing way for his time in Chicago to end.
Questionable:
  • Cole Kmet (knee)
  • Tyson Bagent (illness)
  • Patrick Scales (foot)

All 3 had full participation in practice so will hopefully be good to go.

Patrick Scales played in his 100th consecutive game last week. He said the streak "doesn’t really determine whether I go or not, but I want to be there for the guys and help the operation and help the team win more than anything. It’s day-to-day still. Hopefully it keeps trending in the right direction and we’ll be good.”
  • Khalil Herbert (back/personal)

Herbert did not practice.
  • Kyler Gordon (calf)

Gordon's injury happened in training on Wednesday. Matt Eberflus said Gordon is “hopefully trending in the right direction.”
Doubtful:

Ebeflus: “We’re trying to get him there. With that calibre of player, we’re doing everything we can to get him to the game.”

Personally I'd be surprised if Johnson plays. Being a free agent he's got too much on the line to risk further aggravating an injury.
DJ Moore had full participation at practice Friday and will start against the Packers.
On JJ that may be reason why he wants to play. One big knock on him is the number of games he's missed, so he may want to show I can play through stuff and be there for my team, even in a "meaningless" game.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Arkansasbear wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:11 am On JJ that may be reason why he wants to play. One big knock on him is the number of games he's missed, so he may want to show I can play through stuff and be there for my team, even in a "meaningless" game.
After the season he's had, culminating in making the Pro Bowl this week, I really don't think he has anything left to prove. One game with nothing on the line isn't going to move the needle on his next contract. Players listed as "doubtful" rarely play and he's had a shoulder injury before. Aggravating another shoulder injury is a far greater risk to his future earnings than any perceived unwillingness to play through injuries.
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Right before hed have to play the Packers. Interesting timing...
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

* Agent Patrick activate injury protocol *
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dplank
Hall of Famer

This sucks. You really don't want to be messing around at C of all places, they have so much responsibility. I hope Feeney is ready. I suppose I'm one of the only people on the board that doesn't totally hate Patrick though...
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

He’s a double agent @dplank

The Packers are “win and in” so naturally they’re going to do anything to disrupt the Bears.
He’s known all week he wouldn’t play.

Ask yourself what would a double agent do in this situation.
They’d wait until the last minute and then feign some BS injury.
Last edited by Ditka’s dictaphone on Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

Hmm. So Feeney to start I assume.

Kind of forgot all about Doug Kramer. Thought he was off the Bears to be honest. Wonder if he has developed at all this season. There was a point where people were looking at him as the potential C of the future.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The Kaiser wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:05 pm Hmm. So Feeney to start I assume.

Kind of forgot all about Doug Kramer. Thought he was off the Bears to be honest. Wonder if he has developed at all this season. There was a point where people were looking at him as the potential C of the future.
He got scooped up by the cardinals, and was cut a couple weeks later, bears signed him back to the PS I believe.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

The Kaiser wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:05 pm Hmm. So Feeney to start I assume.

I’m so enamored with Doug, I always forget about Feeney. I know we needed lineman at the time, but we traded a 5th rounder for 43 snaps + whatever he gets Sunday. If he leaves this spring, I might chalk that up as a mistake by Poles.
spudbear
MVP

IIRC, Feeney had a bit of a snapping issue when he first came in at center, but then got things worked out with Fields. His blocking? Adequate(?), and he'll have Big Tev next to him and HOPEFULLY a healthy Davis to shore up the interior.

Funny how fork-in-the-back Whitehair isn't even considered as a backup center. I suppose in an emergency ... I hope it doesn't come to that.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

spudbear wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:02 pm Funny how fork-in-the-back Whitehair isn't even considered as a backup center. I suppose in an emergency ... I hope it doesn't come to that.
Where has that been stated? I've not seen any confirmation of who will play in Patrick's place, only that they've added centers to the roster from the practice squad.
bearsoldier
Assistant Coach

I was coming around on him since the mic'ed up segment as he seems to be a good locker room guy, but he is glass as far as injuries.

He can't play guard and is barely average at Center. Sedrick Van-Pran needs to be a priority pick unless you find a C in FA.

Feeney is average but nasty... Hoping he snaps well and plays his best game today.
“Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.” - Mike Ditka
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:03 pm He’s a double agent @dplank

The Packers are “win and in” so naturally they’re going to do anything to disrupt the Bears.

If I wanted to believe this, it would be actually REALLY easy to.

When Lucas retires and opens up a Kia dealership in Green Bay, we'll know the truth.
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Rusty Trombagent wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:24 am
Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:03 pm He’s a double agent @dplank

If I wanted to believe this, it would be actually REALLY easy to.

When Lucas retires and opens up a Kia dealership in Green Bay, we'll know the truth.
:lol:

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

me looking back to see if lucas has ever been healthy when we're playing the packers:
WagonForce
MVP

Damn, Patrick wasn't on the injury report all week and now is out. I wonder how he got hurt.
Umbali
MVP

bearsoldier wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:54 am I was coming around on him since the mic'ed up segment as he seems to be a good locker room guy, but he is glass as far as injuries.

He can't play guard and is barely average at Center. Sedrick Van-Pran needs to be a priority pick unless you find a C in FA.

Feeney is average but nasty... Hoping he snaps well and plays his best game today.
Hell Id be a good locker room guy lol
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
docc
Head Coach

..good thing Patrick has a Medicare sup..and Aflac..
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

As it's a bit early to start a thread for the 2024 season I thought it best to just bump this one:
Bears TE Cole Kmet played through broken arm vs. Packers, on track for OTAs

Bears tight end Cole Kmet told the Sun-Times on Thursday that he broke his right forearm in the regular-season finale against the Packers last month.

Kmet was in pain, but did not realize he had broken a bone. He stayed in the game and finished with three catches for 41 yards as the Bears lost 17-9.

“A couple more weeks in this brace and I’ll be ready to go,” he said. “No surgery. Good to roll for OTAs. Looking forward to it.”

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... k-for-otas
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

HisRoyalSweetness wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:32 pm As it's a bit early to start a thread for the 2024 season I thought it best to just bump this one:
Bears TE Cole Kmet played through broken arm vs. Packers, on track for OTAs

Bears tight end Cole Kmet told the Sun-Times on Thursday that he broke his right forearm in the regular-season finale against the Packers last month.

Kmet was in pain, but did not realize he had broken a bone. He stayed in the game and finished with three catches for 41 yards as the Bears lost 17-9.

“A couple more weeks in this brace and I’ll be ready to go,” he said. “No surgery. Good to roll for OTAs. Looking forward to it.”

Full article: https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2024 ... k-for-otas
They had an interview with him on CHGO podcast and he said it was nothing to worry about.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Interesting.

I've torn ligaments and not realized until much later.
But when I broke my arm, I knew instantly (no displacement, swelling, or obvious visual clues).
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:37 pm Interesting.

I've torn ligaments and not realized until much later.
But when I broke my arm, I knew instantly (no displacement, swelling, or obvious visual clues).
When my daughter was about 8 or 9 she broke her arm on some monkey bars. I was getting ready to take her to the ER and my wife wanted me to call a good friend who is doctor to have him say it was broken. I wanted to tell her "look when the arm shifts to one side it's broken." But since I sleep in the same be as her and we have several guns in the house, I said "yes dear."

(On a side note I tell young husbands if they want a successful marriage it's important that they always have the final say in all discussions. Of course that final say is "yes dear.")
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

Broken several bones several times in my upper limbs.

A couple of times I’ve not realised:
First time coming down from Helvellyn with a 4 stone pack on my back, I lost my footing and stuck an arm out.
That was sore, I thought. When we got down to the bottom a mate said to me “errrm I think you need to get that arm looked at”. It had swollen to twice its original size and was pretty displaced.
Second time cycling to work in the rain and needing to make up time. Some MAMIL (Middle Aged Man In Lycra) was pootling along slowly in front of me for seemingly no reason. So I sped past him with utter distain. Then realised I needed to make a quick turn - in the driving rain on a road bike.
Needless to say, I turned one way but my bike had no grip and went the other.
Bounced back up, Adrenalin kicks in. Rode even faster to work. At lunch time I thought my arms a bit sore now. Went and got it X-ray’d and broke severe bones in my wrist/hand.

Generally speaking the other times I’ve immediately felt nauseous THEN pain. The nausea alerts me to a likely fracture.

Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:31 pm Broken several bones several times in my upper limbs.

A couple of times I’ve not realised:
First time coming down from Helvellyn with a 4 stone pack on my back, I lost my footing and stuck an arm out.
That was sore, I thought. When we got down to the bottom a mate said to me “errrm I think you need to get that arm looked at”. It had swollen to twice its original size and was pretty displaced.
Second time cycling to work in the rain and needing to make up time. Some MAMIL (Middle Aged Man In Lycra) was pootling along slowly in front of me for seemingly no reason. So I sped past him with utter distain. Then realised I needed to make a quick turn - in the driving rain on a road bike.
Needless to say, I turned one way but my bike had no grip and went the other.
Bounced back up, Adrenalin kicks in. Rode even faster to work. At lunch time I thought my arms a bit sore now. Went and got it X-ray’d and broke severe bones in my wrist/hand.

Generally speaking the other times I’ve immediately felt nauseous THEN pain. The nausea alerts me to a likely fracture.
Adrenalin can mask a ton. Was in 100 mile cycling race one and the lead group was still sitting at about 20 people. The course layout was crap. At about mile 90 it hit a narrow bike trail that you could ride 2 wide at most and it turns it was tight. It curved back right and I hit a stick and bounce me off and it was a slight downhill grade with gravel. There was a small tree and I reach my hand out to try and not hit it. I stayed up, got back on the trail and gave it everything I had and stayed a bit off the group (trail size was keeping the pace a bit slower), once we got back on an open road the group was able to slowly increase the gap. Realizing I had about 5 miles to go and wasn't catching them, I turned it down a notch. I looked down at my left hand and my pinker and ring finger were shooting out at angle that wasn't normal. Once I saw that and the adrenalin was gone the pain kicked in.