Bears v Cardinals, October 2006 on NFL Network right now

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The replay is currently on. Started at 3 p.m. central time. 2nd qtr just started.
Bearfacts
MVP

I've seen this one before. I know how it ends. ;)
wulfy
MVP

That’s the first time I’ve seen that game. We were on a trip in Ireland when that game happened and couldn’t find a pub anywhere in Cork that carried it. Obviously, saw the highlights, but never the game.
Hero
Player of the Month

I remember on Hester's return touchdown I jumped from the couch to the kitchen without touching the floor all while trying to not make any noise because my family was sleeping.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Bearfacts wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:03 am I've seen this one before. I know how it ends. ;)
They were who we thought they were. lol
Bearfacts
MVP

Yogi da Bear wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:41 pm
Bearfacts wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:03 am I've seen this one before. I know how it ends. ;)
They were who we thought they were. lol
Yeah, that sucky offense was really exposed that game. Urlacher had to don his cape and win the game almost singlehandedly with a timely assist from Mr Ridiculous. So glad to see Hester get the HOF recognition he deserves.
spudbear
MVP

I've been pimping this game for years here, one of my favorites to rewatch. If you don't want to wait for it on the NFL channel you can get the whole game on yootoob. The last time I watched it was about two years ago when my dad visited me. We both groaned and cheered as if we were watching it for the first time. It was the last time we got to share something like that as he passed away last year, so I'm glad we had that opportunity. This is an NFL video so it will be blocked here, just click on the "Watch on YouTube" link in the video box.

Note: the game featured a rookie QB out of USC picked 10th in his second start, where fans were hopeful he would be THE answer at QB after Kurt Warner did not seem to be getting it done.

And, of course, viewing this game is not complete until you get to enjoy the greatest post-game presser rant from Denny Green, God rest his soul:

I just found this gem today, a documentary on the whole affair produced by the Arizona Cardinals. If you enjoyed watching the game and want to hear the story behind the epic presser, then take about 17 minutes out of your life and see how the other side viewed it.

San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
G08
Hall of Famer

I was in grad school and the whole fucking game I had this feeling that we weren't going to lose -- it's hard to explain.

Then magic happened... man I can even tell you where we ordered the pizza from that day and the toppings -- craziness
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

It's hard to grasp just how much of a dominant comeback this was. Grossman and the offense virtually did not participate. Rex had a 0.0 QB rating. Nothing was working. The defense and Hester basically decided "fuck this, we're winning" and did as much.
LacertineForest
MVP

I was watching at my dad's house, and when the 3rd quarter ended, I drove home. When I got home, my dad called to tell me they made a comeback, and that I should check it out. I remember watching the very end and soaking in that legendary post-game presser. I also remember listening to the "Football Today" podcast on ESPN pretty regularly around that time, which was hosted by Dennis Green's son and Ross Tucker. They played that clip pretty regularly, and I always enjoyed hearing it. BTW, if you don't know about Dennis Greens' son (Jeremy Green) - let's just say that podcast came to an abrupt end for good reason :?
wulfy
MVP

LacertineForest wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:44 am I was watching at my dad's house, and when the 3rd quarter ended, I drove home. When I got home, my dad called to tell me they made a comeback, and that I should check it out. I remember watching the very end and soaking in that legendary post-game presser. I also remember listening to the "Football Today" podcast on ESPN pretty regularly around that time, which was hosted by Dennis Green's son and Ross Tucker. They played that clip pretty regularly, and I always enjoyed hearing it. BTW, if you don't know about Dennis Greens' son (Jeremy Green) - let's just say that podcast came to an abrupt end for good reason :?
Jeremy Green is a sick MFer.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

spudbear wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:51 am I've been pimping this game for years here, one of my favorites to rewatch. If you don't want to wait for it on the NFL channel you can get the whole game on yootoob. The last time I watched it was about two years ago when my dad visited me. We both groaned and cheered as if we were watching it for the first time. It was the last time we got to share something like that as he passed away last year, so I'm glad we had that opportunity. This is an NFL video so it will be blocked here, just click on the "Watch on YouTube" link in the video box.

Note: the game featured a rookie QB out of USC picked 10th in his second start, where fans were hopeful he would be THE answer at QB after Kurt Warner did not seem to be getting it done.

And, of course, viewing this game is not complete until you get to enjoy the greatest post-game presser rant from Denny Green, God rest his soul:

I just found this gem today, a documentary on the whole affair produced by the Arizona Cardinals. If you enjoyed watching the game and want to hear the story behind the epic presser, then take about 17 minutes out of your life and see how the other side viewed it.

The fact that "they are who we thought they were and we let them off the hook" is one of the quotes on funeral program is classic. I had forgotten he had passed away.