Late Draft Rumors

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Keon Coleman has been cracking into some top 32 lists recently, while other have him still around 42. Maybe some WR needy teams are dropping his name as a guy they like? (Bills, Chiefs?)

Also seeing more smoke concerning a CB cracking the top 10; bumping edge rushers (Turner to 11-12)

Odunze is heavily favored to go at pick 9 in mock drafts. A small % has the Bears trading out of 9.

More and more smoke concerning LAC trading out with Minnesota. 4 QBs and a WR now favored in the top 5.

--> Can't wait to see what happens! The rumors get a bit wonky but the possibilities make it must watch TV!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm
Odunze is heavily favored to go at pick 9 in mock drafts. A small % has the Bears trading out of 9.
I think that's skewed, though, in that many mockers do few/no trades, because they just don't want to deal with the complexity and messiness.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am
Atkins&Rebel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm
I think that's skewed, though, in that many mockers do few/no trades, because they just don't want to deal with the complexity and messiness.
That’s true.
I’m not a major advocate of Odunze because I think he plays slower than his top speed a lot and he’s a tad lazy running his routes.

But if I had to put money down right now I’d say he’s the pick unless Alt or Nabers falls.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

So it seems if Atlanta wanted him, they likely had to stay put and take him. Interesting.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

So it seems if Atlanta wanted him, they likely had to stay put and take him. Interesting.
That's great, but Atlanta just signed Cousins to a four year deal, Penix is going to turn 24 this year, and the Falcons had three or four other priorities over QB. Epic miss by the GM.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Well, I didn't say I thought it was a good decision, just that if they wanted him, they had to take him there.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

thunderspirit wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 pm Well, I didn't say I thought it was a good decision, just that if they wanted him, they had to take him there.
Yeah I think the difference is “wanted” vs “needed”. I’m no NFL GM but that was definitely not an immediate need.

But. The Falcons are probably going to get popped for a 1st round pick in 2025 and a 2nd in 2026 for tampering (if what happened to the Dolphins is a guide post).

So by the time they have a R1 pick again, they might be in need of a QB. But the timing/optics are just weird.

Still it allowed the Bears to pick Odunze so I’m thrilled.
EricTighe
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 pm
thunderspirit wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

That's great, but Atlanta just signed Cousins to a four year deal, Penix is going to turn 24 this year, and the Falcons had three or four other priorities over QB. Epic miss by the GM.
Being a Bears fan and never really having a QB. I can't argue with their need. Cousins is like 140 years old coming off Achilles injury for a guy who was never known for his mobility. If Penix works out this will be called a steal in 4 years.