Quick Brett Favre Stat...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Taken from another board, not my work!
I brought up Favre in comparison to Jay a few weeks ago stat-wise. He played for Green Bay for 16 years. In those years, their defense ranked lower than 14th in points allowed just 5 times. In those years Green Bay won 9, 8, 10, 4 and 8 games. Pretty average even with an all time QB. In the other 11 years when they were in the top half of the league in points allowed GB made the playoffs 10 of 11 years and never won less than 9 games. Under Cutler the Bears have had 3 years with a defense ranked 14th or higher (2010-12) and in those years they won 11 games (NFCCG), 8 games (7-3 when Cutler hurt his thumb vs. SD) and 10 games. My point - you can absolutely be a consistent playoff team with a QB like Cutler, turnovers and all. But you can't do it with a crappy defense.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so, if you have a decent defense, AND a quarterback who knows what he is doing running a decent offense, your team can win games?

no!

can't be that simple can it?

and any implied comparison between Jay Cutler and Burnt Fart in this scintillating and revealing story is an indication of severe drug abuse
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Taken from another board, not my work!
I brought up Favre in comparison to Jay a few weeks ago stat-wise. He played for Green Bay for 16 years. In those years, their defense ranked lower than 14th in points allowed just 5 times. In those years Green Bay won 9, 8, 10, 4 and 8 games. Pretty average even with an all time QB. In the other 11 years when they were in the top half of the league in points allowed GB made the playoffs 10 of 11 years and never won less than 9 games. Under Cutler the Bears have had 3 years with a defense ranked 14th or higher (2010-12) and in those years they won 11 games (NFCCG), 8 games (7-3 when Cutler hurt his thumb vs. SD) and 10 games. My point - you can absolutely be a consistent playoff team with a QB like Cutler, turnovers and all. But you can't do it with a crappy defense.

I totally agree and have said so many - many times around here. That's what I mean when I say you can win with Jay, not because of him. And again....those QBs that you can win because of....are few and far between, you can pretty much count them on one hand.
MoFugger
Head Coach

You can also count their Championships on one hand
wab
Mod

MoFugger wrote:You can also count their Championships on one hand
So can the Steelers. What's your point?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

What did the defense rank in the three games at Green Bay in which Jay Cutler threw 2 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2009, 2010 and 2012? Keep in mind, throwing 10 interceptions in three games puts the defense in unfavorable positions.

It's time to quit defending a loser in Jay Cutler, and definitely stop comparing him to an all-time great like Favre.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:What did the defense rank in the three games at Green Bay in which Jay Cutler threw 2 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2009, 2010 and 2012? Keep in mind, throwing 10 interceptions in three games puts the defense in unfavorable positions.

It's time to quit defending a loser in Jay Cutler, and definitely stop comparing him to an all-time great like Favre.

:headbang: :toast: :clap:
MoFugger
Head Coach

wab wrote:
MoFugger wrote:You can also count their Championships on one hand
So can the Steelers. What's your point?
My point is in the last 10 years you've only seen two "go out and win it" quarterbacks win a Superbowl