One Game Playoff: Cubs @ Pirates, 7:08pm tonight

North or South side, we're talkin' Chicago baseball

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Cole vs. Arrieta. Gonna be a wild one in PNC Park.
UOK
Site Admin

Cubs win!!! Cubs/Cardinals starts on Friday.

Glad to see there was so much excitement in this thread!
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I watched the game. I think its great that baseball season started and the Cubs are playing this year (this was the first game I've watched this year).

Obviously I'm jk, but seriously, I'm a Cubs fan, but baseball is... there's just too much volume. Same with hockey and basketball. I'll watch my Chicago teams in the playoffs, but the Bears are the only team I watch every. Single. Game. But as a result, the emotional payoff for me when the Hawks won the cup each time was far less than a Bears Superobowl win will be. But I think if the Cubs do it, it will be damn close to the feeling if the Bears did it.

When I was a kid and the Bulls were winning year in and year out I was happy and cheered them on, but being so young I didn't have the bad years in me of following the team and watching them build and fall apart and do it over again and come really close but not quite, and fall apart again (like with the Bears).

In short: Go Cubs!

And fuck the Cards.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

congrats Cubbies and Cubbie fans

it is kind of amazing watching Arietta pitch this season ... he was sort of sucky while with the Orioles ... wonder what he did to bring about the transformation? because he is damn solid now

so what was with the Pirate doofus beating up a watercooler in their dugout? I think he was more butt hurt about being yanked from the game than actually ready to brawl with the Cubs ... a total moron

so check this out - last year's wild card winners were the teams that went to the World Series ... if that repeats itself, the Cubs will be playing the Astros in the World Series ... which means Houston will get to lose the World Series to both Chicago teams, 10 years apart
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin