View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am 
Site Admin

I keep up with the Blackhawks via highlights, The Athletic, and their beat writers, watching only the odd game or two anymore. Just don't have time to watch every game like I used to. Lot easier to stomach that when they're staring down a rebuild.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:27 pm 
Head Coach

The ship is sinking. They have a lot of dead weight on this team. Just had a conversation with a Hawks fan. Told him I was disappointed they resigned both Toews and kane when they did. Hard for me to say, but wished they would have traded one prior to signing or had something worked out. With all the other bad contracts Bowman has put out there, it is going to be hard to rebuild. Hell Trade Toews now, would not bother me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:
The ship is sinking. They have a lot of dead weight on this team. Just had a conversation with a Hawks fan. Told him I was disappointed they resigned both Toews and kane when they did. Hard for me to say, but wished they would have traded one prior to signing or had something worked out. With all the other bad contracts Bowman has put out there, it is going to be hard to rebuild. Hell Trade Toews now, would not bother me

The Schmaltz trade is, uh, alright I guess. Kane was pretty visibly pissed about it. Every time he finds chemistry with someone they trade them away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 pm 
Head Coach

Schmaltz was just kind of a body this year. His play took a dip this year. I think he was just there. Not sure what happened to him, he lost his aggressiveness on the O end.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:02 pm 
Head Coach

Fucking Hawks continue to give up early goals and get behind early!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:23 am 
Site Admin

I fully anticipate a tidal wave of change this offseason. It's going to be a lot of bittersweet goodbyes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:11 pm 
Head Coach

My GAWD!! I sit and watch this team and think to myself, WTF happened and how did it happen so fast? Just wow. I then think to myself, the young guys are learning. Then I question why are some of the old guys playing so much? It is just strange. Shit is cyclical but damn they fell off fast. Bowman has set them up to fail for awhile with some of the contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:20 pm 
Head Coach

How about that, a W!!!!. Ward plays a helluva game, we actually saw some D played and they actually won a game they should have (Preds on the back end of back to back games on the road). They have started to show a little with the good game against the Jets (a 4-3 loss). Still really inconsistent and the young guys need to start getting their heads out of their asses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:06 am 
Head Coach

It has been a little over 2 weeks since there has been a post here. I can say I like the way they have been playing of late. The D still suffers long lapses of "head up the ass" syndrome but they have been fewer. Delia is showing he belongs in the NHL and to be honest, I would really like for him to be the main goalie. Stromme has shown he can play and he and Kane have shown some chemistry. I am still hating on Seabrook. The guy is just, slow, bad and they need to get rid of him somehow. Keith is a little better, but it is time for him to go as well. Turn this over to a youth movement.

Kane, hot as hell. He would be the piece I would keep because the guy can just flat out score. I think the team will get it turned around some and be more respectable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 am 
Head Coach

Really nice game last night. they killed off 2 5 on 3s and technically were 1-3 on their power play (scored 2 goals within seconds of Penguins gaining even strength).

Kane and Stromme seem to have some chemistry growing.

Hawks continued to dominate the Penguins, haven't lost to them since 2014.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next