Blackhawks deal Bickell & Teravainen to CAR for draft picks

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

#Blackhawks trade Bryan Bickell AND Teuvo Teravainen to Carolina for second-rounder in 2016 and a third-rounder in 2017.

Per Mark Lazarus.

Losing TT sucks, but it likely means they keep Shaw.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Son of a Bitch!!!!!!!!!! A 2nd and 3rd!! I am not liking this. Glad Bickell is gone but TT? This has Q written all over it.

I kind of see the need for Shaw, but it is pretty sad when a guy his size is the teams net front presence and muscle.

I am kind of pissed.
UOK
Site Admin

This is the price you pay when a third of your roster is composed of hall of famers.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I agree, but I don't see the need for Shaw. As much as I like him, I believe Hartman could fill this role. TT is just going to get better and I would rather have a skilled player with a bunch of offensive upside than a "grinder."

This goes back to Bowman paying for what he thought Bickell would be, not for what he was.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'm with Otis

losing Teravainen just because they had some high end contract to dump was too high of a price to pay

I'd have felt better if they had found a way to deal Bickell and Shaw instead ... not saying Shaw is no good, just that he is a present day solution for someone, with an approaching "best if used by date", where Teravainen is the future
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

As a Blues fan...I too wish you would have parted ways with Shaw and kept Teravainen :evilgrin:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

DaDitka wrote:As a Blues fan...I too wish you would have parted ways with Shaw and kept Teravainen :evilgrin:

like I said, I am in no way implying Shaw is no good ... he should be around for 2-3 more years (perhaps longer?) to torment the Blues :nana:

I'm just really disappointed one of the few young guys with a huge upside got shipped off

and just as an example of how flush with talent the Blackhawks have been recently, there were several ex-Blackhawks playing useful meaningful minutes with other teams in the playoffs ... as UOK said, can't keep everybody when your core is Hall of Fame caliber that you must pay for
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin