Stanley Cup Final - Vegas vs Washington

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Game 1 Monday night ... the Knights have had some extra rest waiting for the Eastern Conference to finish up

Caps played well coming back over Tamp Bay in 7 ... Holtby with no goals allowed in games 6 & 7

Fluery has been outstanding for Vegas throughout the playoffs

this should be a very good series to watch

Golden Knights to face Washington Capitals in Stanley Cup Final

NHL releases schedule for Stanley Cup Finals
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Z Bear
MVP

I grew up in DC and the Caps are my 2nd favorite professional team next to the Bears. I think this is finally our year!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, since most of all the teams I rooted for lost, I will root for the Caps, hoping that luck continues.

Would be nice to see Vegas win, really it would be unbelievable.

A buddy of mine gave me a Vegas hat last summer. Guess I will wear it thru the playoffs. The buddy always bought hats for a mutual friend, for his bdays and just for fun. Well, the mutual friend died, so the buddy gave me the hat. It has some sentiments to it.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't know who to cheer on. Vegas winning would be a fun story, but Ovi has suffered so long as part of the Caps and that guy more than deserves to raise a cup. I guess I'm going with the Caps.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Game 1 was pretty damn exciting. Both teams slugging it out and not backing down. It was pretty damn intense.
Z Bear
MVP

Game 2 did was no slouch either, the save Holtby made at the end was ridiculous
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Only got to see the 3rd period and it was a barn burner. I thought there would be a little more defense this series.

That Holtby save was ridiculous. As Eddie O says, gotta get lift on the shot!!

I am hoping LV turns it around.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I watched the replay of that save i don't know how many times ... Holtby was out of position, with his momentum going away from where the shot came ... it seemed physically impossible he could twist himself back and even touch the puck let alone stop it

but he did

and yeah, if Tuch had lifted it, would have been tie game and probably OT
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Caps took care of business in their 2 home games ... Vegas needs to get back to the way they played in Game 1 if they want to have a chance
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Caps were impressive as hell. They got Fluery out of position and took advantage. I was a little disappointed in the Vegas D at times, some of their guys looked lost. I would like to see Vegas win at home to extend it at least one more game. It has been an enjoyable series so far. If Caps are to win, win it at home, it makes for better TV.
Z Bear
MVP

The Iron was unkind to the Knights the last game, I think they hit 4 posts in the first period alone. They are getting good chances but are not converting them.

My half sister is a golden horseshoe. She has had two paying jobs in her life; she worked for the Ravens from 2012-2015 and has worked for the Caps since then. Her only other job was an intern for the Nationals in 2011, the year they got Harper! I need to get her resume to the Bears!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the deciding Game 5 was very much like the opening Game 1 - lots of fast moving action and several lead changes ... difference being the Capitals came out on top in Game 5 to clinch their first Stanley Cup in franchise history

Capitals win Stanley Cup, Washington’s first major sports championship since 1992

Vegas has nothing to be ashamed of ... they set all sorts of records for a franchise in their first season ... everyone is under contract for the next 3 - 5 years I believe, so they should be continuing contenders
George Carlin