View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am 
Site Admin

In hockey it's particularly terrible to tank, IMHO, as the organization can suffer greatly at the expense of hoping you draft Crosby 2.0, when chances are you'll draft a guy like Yakupov.

It's even more of an issue for a franchise like the Blackhawks that has set a very prestigious standard of excellence for themselves after decades of being a professional sports afterthought. Not in their best interests at all to throw in the towel because defining themselves as winners, even when they lose, is attractive to free agents, scouts, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 pm 
Hall of Famer

very pissed at the Blackhawks effort in Boston last night

a 5 on 3 power play and they only manage to get off 1 weak shot on goal? they looked like they were playing in slow motion the whole time ... the game was still close at that point so their lack of scoring aggression puzzled me ... and pissed me off

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:37 pm 
Head Coach

IMO, this game showed the lack of quality depth of the Hawks and how bad Seabrook sucks. Boston was the far better team the entire game. Hawks just not up to playing against a team that good at this point in time. They need to do something with Seabs, hell make him inactive for some games or something. He offers nothing at this point in his career and the dumb ass contract Bowman signed him to really handcuffs the Hawks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm 
Head Coach

Nice little 7 game streak came to an end but the Hawks still going pretty well. That Ottawa game, holy shit. Delia looked awful, all 3 goals, 5 hole. The young guys continue to show improvement and it is good to see. I think they are coming around and the future doesn't look too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

It's weird how Crawford is sort of in denial about how bad his health is. I get that he's a fighter, but his body's breaking down on him. He's got to be the first one to admit it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:24 pm 
Head Coach

Crawford definitely needs to walk away. He needs someone in his ear shouting, "GET OUT!"

That Hawk D is just so dreadful. Seabroook, I keep harping on him, brings nothing to the table. The D is slow, looks unsure of what they are doing and that usually means the goalies are hung out to dry. Both goalies look a little slow compared to other goalies I have seen this year.

4-1 and they blow it in less than one periods time. Kane just happens to put himself in the best positions of late.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Kane is having and wasting a banner year while the team struggles. There's bright spots, but they need to push the button on a few of these guys and start flipping for younger talent. The roster's not OLD, really, but the parts that are are anchoring the lineup.

Lazerus made an interesting point about how the Blackhawks made a mistake by not firing Quenneville *sooner*, and giving him a clean break and Colliton a clean start. The nice point streak they had going for awhile was slight evidence that this team can thrive when it clicks, but there's clearly not enough of that. Perhaps getting Colliton a full offseason and the roster time to properly say goodbye to Quenneville would've helped this season be less of a roller coaster.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:11 am 
Hall of Famer

I disagree with Lazerus because I don't think Coach Q should have been fired ... the mess with the contracts hamstringing their ability to make needed moves was not Coach Q's doing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:40 pm 
Head Coach

I think this team would be in a worse position of Q was still around. I love Q, love that he helped bring 3 Cups to the Hawks, but those were times when the vets were "old" and were producing. That same core, some of those just do not have it anymore and Q was still going to lean on them heavily. He hated playing young guys. This team is about the young guys now and and not the Kunitzs, the Seabrooks or the Keiths. Hate to say it, but at this time they are better off without Q.

Bowman has fucked up royally for sure. The fucking no movement clauses he likes to throw on these vet contracts is a killer. His foresight with some players was just awful. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have enjoyed watching this team since Q was fired. I like what I see, the young guys have shown improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:17 am 
Hall of Famer

Maple Leafs nearly erase five-goal deficit during insane third period vs. Blackhawks

a quote from the story :

Quote:
If you decided to stop watching Wednesday's Blackhawks-Maple Leafs game after two periods, you happened to miss one of the craziest finishes to a game this season.

raises hand

went to bed ... then today, reading what I missed

hard to believe in this topsy turvy season the Blackhawks are still in the wild card chase ... those 2 points from the Leafs were important

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next