View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:36 pm 
Head Coach

I can still hope for Toronto. Effing Jets folded in that 6th game. I effing hate the Blues with a passion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 am 
Head Coach

YYYYEEESSSSS, the Preds are dead!!!!!!!! :toast:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:33 am 
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
YYYYEEESSSSS, the Preds are dead!!!!!!!! :toast:

that was a pretty intense game 6 ... both goalies were standing on their heads

what did you have against the Predators?

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:49 pm 
Head Coach

Tha last few years their fans have just been a little too obnoxious for me. It is almost like they think they have reinvented hockey.

Then there is the attempts to keep opposing fans out of their building by not selling tickets to certain area codes when that game is coming up.

The catfish throwing on the ice. Leave it to Detroit and the octopus or whatever the hell the animal is they throw out there.

The trotting out of the Nashville/Country singers for the National Anthem.

The ugly ass uniforms.

P.K. Subban

Their crowds and their sophomoric chants.

I may be able to go on, but that is enough I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:40 pm 
Hall of Famer

:lol:

okie doke

not sure if you watched the Capitals/Hurricanes game, but there was a lot of action, and a disputed tying goal

here is a very good read on what happened and why the tying goal was disallowed but perhaps shouldn't have been :

An inherent contradiction in rules on goalie interference cost the Capitals

here's the part that got my attention :

Quote:
The NHL released the following explanation of the call:

At 10:34 of third period in the Capitals/Hurricanes game, Washington requested a Coach’s Challenge to review the “Interference on the Goalkeeper” decision that resulted in a “no goal” call.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with the Referee, the Situation Room confirmed that Alex Ovechkin interfered with Petr Mrazek by pushing his pad, which caused the puck to enter the net. According to Rule 69.3, “If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.”

Therefore, the original call is upheld – no goal Washington Capitals.

Mrazek was in the crease, Ovechkin clearly made contact with his pad as he went for the puck and, according to the rule, even incidental contact will result in a disallowed goal. The fact that Ovechkin was clearly going for the puck and not simply trying to push Mrazek back into the net is irrelevant.

Caps fans may not want to admit it, but this seems pretty black and white…until you read the rule that completely contradicts it.

Rule 69 is the rule that deals with goalie interference. The NHL cited rule 69.3 in its explanation for the disallowed goal. Rule 69.7, however, deals with rebounds and loose pucks. That rule states, “In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether insider or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.”

After the game on Monday, the Caps were fuming at the call because the puck was clearly loose.

“I saw the puck,” Ovechkin said. “He didn't get it in control. He didn't see that, so I don't know what the referee saw or what the explanation was.”

“From our angle from the bench it looked like the puck was loose,” Reirden said. “We talked with our video staff and they felt like it was worth a challenge in that situation. That’s not how the league or the referees saw it and that’s a decision they made. But for us we thought the puck was loose. It was still a puck that was in play.”

When you see the replay, it’s hard to argue. That puck was loose. Rule 69.3 says it doesn’t matter. Rule 69.7 says it does.

When you read the NHL’s explanation for why the goal was disallowed, it makes sense. It stinks, but Ovechkin makes incidental contact with Mrazek in the crease. But take the same play and let’s pretend that the call was overturned and the goal allowed on the coach’s challenge. If the NHL cited Rule 69.7 in its explanation, it still would make complete sense.

If you can use two different rules on the exact same play to justify two different calls, that’s a problem.

yes it is

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:14 pm 
Head Coach

Didn't get to see much of that game, what I have seen of that series was some good hockey though.

My dream Stanley Cup final is going down in flames. Jets eliminated and the Leafs on the verge of going out as well. FUCK!!

Maybe a Dallas v Columbus Cup final. I don't mind the Bruins, Columbus, Carolina, Dallas or the Sharks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:15 am 
Hall of Famer

San Jose made one hell of a comeback to advance ... they were down 3-0 in the 3rd period and managed to tie it in regulation and win in OT ... so bye bye to Vegas

Sharks vs Avalanch

only first round series left to be decided is Capitals vs Hurricanes, which will be decided tonight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 am 
Head Coach

Those west coast games just go on to late in the night for me to stay up.

Sharks v Avs. Just really don't feel either team. Guess I will root for the Avs, they need some success and like to see McKinnon do well.

Come on Carolina!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 pm 
Head Coach

Now that was a game 7!! And it had the right ending.

All 4 division winners go out in the first round, gotta love NHL playoffs. :toast:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:07 am 
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
All 4 division winners go out in the first round, gotta love NHL playoffs. :toast:

that is the first time in NHL playoff history that has happened ... what a wild and wacky first round this has been

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next