Chicago Blackhawks 2021-2022

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Damn, this has been down right discouraging, depressing, frustrating.........

They look worse than last year and the talent level is supposedly better. They have given up 21 goals in 5 games, score only 9. The D continues to suck and time of possession is lacking as well = recipe for disaster.

Seth Jones, the big signing, is playing like shit. He is a -6 at the moment.

Colliton just doesn't seem to be able to get this team over the hump.
UOK
Site Admin

Gonna be a reckoning of a season for them. This'll be the Toews retirement tour, Kane will get unloaded at the deadline to a contender, Fleury will retire in-season, and Colliton will get fired, I dunno, within a week.

I'm fully checking out if they hire fucking Torts.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

doesn't look like the beginning of 2021-2022 is off to a rousing start ... they looked completely terrible in their opener against Colorado ... very disappointing ... haven't done much since to brighten the outlook
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I was very disappointed watching their opener against Colorado ... lazy puck handling, easy turnovers, and Fleury was a sieve ... I would like to see Toews and Kane get the band back together for a final run but things aren't starting out in a positive way for that to happen

not to nit-pik, but shouldn't this thread be in the Blackhawks forum?
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

D continues to suck. They have given up 21 goals thru the 5 games. they have scored 9.

Seth Jones (D) signing is not paying off early. He looks as bad as everyone else. Fluery doesn't stand a chance in back of this D.

Colliton, maybe it is time for him to go. He doesn't inspire anything.

It seemed as if they improved the roster a litlle and the Captain was back............. :frustrated:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I usually don't get into hockey until January (by then I have lost interest in the Bears losing ways), but started watching early this year. OMG why? This is bad. There is nothing redeeming about this team at the moment. No one has flashed on O and the D is pathetic as it has been for the past 2-3 yrs. There has got to be a change - coach, GM, both, players............
UOK
Site Admin

Sexual misconduct investigation results are finally impacting the front office after 11 years.

Bowman has resigned, a team VP was fired. McDonough and Quenneville are no longer with the team or they would've been fired today too.

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this whole mess was created by a bunch of high level personnel who simply refused to be human beings ... I can understand why they wouldn't want to interrupt their team but now it has come out that the players also knew (or strongly suspected) what was going on ... no one stepped up to do the correct thing ... makes me sad and mad ... there are real life events that do, and should, come before sports but many don't seem to get that

this may not be as bad as what went on at Penn State, but it is similar in how those in positions of power chose coverup over doing what was right ... and then they let a known predator go to join a high school program without warning that school of the danger they are inheriting with his hiring
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

They ripped that Colliton band aid off finally. They had to, this team was doing nothing with him on the bench. They will see what King can do and probably try to make a splash after the season.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!! A 2 GAME WINNING STREAK!!!!!!
UOK
Site Admin

I kind of like Derek King's vibe. The players are calling him "Yoda," I guess.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He seems a little looser than Colliton. Wants input from the players, plays hunches and seems more like a players coach. Hopefully it works out for the year.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:39 am He seems a little looser than Colliton. Wants input from the players, plays hunches and seems more like a players coach. Hopefully it works out for the year.
From what I've heard he and Marc Crawford are essentially splitting coaching duties. Crawford handles gameplans and a lot of the minutiae, King is more of the gameday and locker room guy.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

4 wins in a row!! I have missed the last 3 wins, dammit. I think the new face and voice was much needed. I don't care how much Kane and Toews claim they were behind Colliton, I think they like the fact he was launched.