Stan is Outta Here!

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

karhu
Head Coach

Maybe--just maybe--I'll let my kids wear their Hawks gear again.

Just one step (two with MacIsaac, I guess), but with all the house-clearing that needs to be done around town, it's at least a step in the right direction.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blackhawks ... 16661.html

I guess if this is what it took. Someone straighten this organIzation out.
karhu
Head Coach

Yeah, I don't mean to be too giddy about it all. This could (should) take down Q, too. But I'm relieved that the dentist has started to drill out the rot, y'know?
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

UOK
Site Admin

After reading everything that's come out (with more very likely to emerge), I'm retiring my Blackhawks gear when I get home. I gotta be able to sleep at night, and I can't do it by cheering for a franchise that is happy to sweep sexual assault under the fridge in the name of winning at all costs, then let the creep have a day with the cup, get his name etched on the thing, and write him a letter of recommendation.

They've made good moves firing all these people/etc, but it's not enough. This is a black day for the franchise, and they've lost me as a fan after over 20 years.
karhu
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:30 pm After reading everything that's come out (with more very likely to emerge), I'm retiring my Blackhawks gear when I get home. I gotta be able to sleep at night, and I can't do it by cheering for a franchise that is happy to sweep sexual assault under the fridge in the name of winning at all costs, then let the creep have a day with the cup, get his name etched on the thing, and write him a letter of recommendation.

They've made good moves firing all these people/etc, but it's not enough. This is a black day for the franchise, and they've lost me as a fan after over 20 years.
You're a much better fan than I. As soon as the story broke, I packed up all of our Hawks stuff--even the six-year-old's--and put it in the attic. Just couldn't see a way that everyone from McDonough through to Q and the coaching staff weren't guilty of crimes and cowardice that I don't want to be associated with. Stan's departure at least gives me hope that I can follow hockey again some day.

UOK
Site Admin

karhu wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:35 pm
UOK wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:30 pm After reading everything that's come out (with more very likely to emerge), I'm retiring my Blackhawks gear when I get home. I gotta be able to sleep at night, and I can't do it by cheering for a franchise that is happy to sweep sexual assault under the fridge in the name of winning at all costs, then let the creep have a day with the cup, get his name etched on the thing, and write him a letter of recommendation.

You're a much better fan than I. As soon as the story broke, I packed up all of our Hawks stuff--even the six-year-old's--and put it in the attic. Just couldn't see a way that everyone from McDonough through to Q and the coaching staff weren't guilty of crimes and cowardice that I don't want to be associated with. Stan's departure at least gives me hope that I can follow hockey again some day.
I'm certainly not abandoning hockey. I've decided to become a fan of the Seattle Kraken. Ordered some merch already and am looking forward to donning their colors and swag.

This Blackhawks thing is only going to get worse. There could be a litany of more damning material to come out, especially in regards to Kane's misdeeds that likely got hidden away or the right people got paid off.

I don't give a shit if they fire every person who currently works for the organization tomorrow. They've got a long way to go to earn my respect back, and it's not something that can happen by putting a few heads on stakes.
karhu
Head Coach

Ach, I hope that didn't come off wrong. I wish I'd been able to separate my fandom from my reaction to the scandal when it first broke. That probably would've been a sign of maturity.

karhu
Head Coach

UOK wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:48 pm I'm certainly not abandoning hockey. I've decided to become a fan of the Seattle Kraken.
No shit? On a clear day, I can see their stadium across the water just a few blocks from my place. But fandom is so weird out here, especially during football season, that I've resisted going native.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Holy shit the drama with this franchise.

Sharp and Cheryl Scott ALLEGEDLY.
The assistant equipment manager kills himself.
Something with Duncan Keith and his wife. Allegedly.
Patrick Kane and those photos I don’t remember exactly what.

Now this.

What the hell happened over there during the Cup years?
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:04 pm Holy shit the drama with this franchise.

Now this.

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:17 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:04 pm Holy shit the drama with this franchise.

Now this.

The craziest one was the equipment guy. It comes out one day he killed himself. Silence from the team and the media about anything except for people being upset he’s dead (naturally).