Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Thread

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Going to have to win at least one game on the road. Game 5 would be so much easy to win than game 7.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

You boys think you're upset about Crawford....try being an Avalanche or Penguins fan this morning.

Everyone has been saying this is going to be a 7 game series from the beginning and it's sure looking that way.....and I don't think that works in the Blues favor. You guys have been there, you've won BIG games, and you have a lot more 'clutch' players. We have TANK......and really nothing else.

I know Hitch keeps talking about 'holding serve at home' but I think hoping for a game 7 is a very - very dangerous scenario for the Note.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Tarasenko, the commy bastard. That dude has been the team IMO. I hate him. Kind of surprised they let Kane skate right down without even making an attempt to take him off the puck.
UOK
Site Admin

One more.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

Bingo. Tomorrow is our day.

I stand alone.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bears_40 and 0 guests
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Is it Sunday yet?
UOK
Site Admin

RING4CHI wrote:Is it Sunday yet?
Satisfy your hockeylust with Jackets/Penguins tonight.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
RING4CHI wrote:Is it Sunday yet?
Satisfy your hockeylust with Jackets/Penguins tonight.
Go Jackets?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

That's the kind of goal Patrick Sharp may have needed to score to get things going.
UOK
Site Admin

That, as they say, is that. Suck it, Blues.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:That, as they say, is that. Suck it, Blues.
They gone.

They can get their razors out and shave. They got pummeled today. Nice game for our guys.Thats how you win rings.

I stand alone.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bears_40 and 0 guests
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I do appreciate Crawford more after seeing some of the goals Miller gave up today.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:I do appreciate Crawford more after seeing some of the goals Miller gave up today.
This is exactly what I came here to post.

That said...I'm not trying to take all the credit away from your guys. You're best players found their way onto the score sheet..our top players...Oshie, Steen, Petro....sucked balls....again....for a third straight year.

They'll probably blame it all on Miller, replace a third and a forth line player, and put Hitch on the hot seat. Never addressing the real issue. The second period in game six and third period in game 5 stand as perfect proof..the Blues dominated play and while Crawford made some nice saves we missed a ton of open nets. YOU HAVE TO FINISH!

Congrats, and good luck (until you get to the finals, then I have to root against you).
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am as big a Crow critic as there is but he kicked ass yesterday. No softies. He is MVP of the team so far. Bickell getting done, he is a big time player. Didn't do much in reg. season but has been a beast.

I think this series took a toll on the Hawks so will be interesting to see how they rebound. I will be honest, I want to see the Wild. The Avs owned us this year so I want to shy away from them.

It has been a helluva playoffs so far, been watching as much as possible.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Bring on the Wild.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks finished 2-3 against both Avs and Wild so aside from getting home ice, which is needed, it was a wash.

It will be a tough series and Wild playing well.
UOK
Site Admin

Much happier it's the Wild. The Avs for whatever reason have had the Hawks number for a few years now. Wild won't go down without a big fight but I think the Blackhawks can handle it. I think it's gonna be another 6 game series.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Win it in 4 or 6 games. I'll miss game 5 on May 11, as I'll be working a Cubs game.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It is comforting to know we will not be going to the Mile High City for 4 games. While I would love for the Hawks to win it in 4 or 5, this may go 7. Wild really stepped it up against the Avs. They are fairly deep. Not sure if their goalie was pulled due to physical hurt or mental hurt, that could play out in this series. Surprised Bryzbalov did n't start last night.

Need Sharp to get it going from the start and Bickell continues his post season kick ass play.
CRM 114
Journeyman

Otis Day wrote:Hawks finished 2-3 against both Avs and Wild so aside from getting home ice, which is needed, it was a wash.

It will be a tough series and Wild playing well.
We went 1-4 against the Avs
UOK
Site Admin

Kane saved them from overtime. They were looking really ragged even w/ a 2-0 lead. Kane was hot all night long and the Sharp/Kane/Smith line is special shit. Need to work on line changes but otherwise a great start.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

He sure did. He seems to have come back fresh from his time off which is good for us!

I stand alone.