6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Current standings

Nashville - 79 GP - 104 points
St. Louis - 78 GP - 103 points
Chicago - 78 GP - 102 points

Key game between Blues and Blackhawks just puck dropped. Getting a regulation win would obviously be huge.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Versteeg from Hossa.

Blackhawks up 1-0.

5:48 left in the first.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

A brain fart boarding penalty on Michal Rozsival results in Blues tying the game. Just about halfway through second period.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Crawford...brick wall in the 9-10 minute mark of the second.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Blues take 2-1 lead late in the second.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Bad loss.

Fucking bastards were owned tonight.
UOK
Site Admin

Was doing easter stuff w/ the fam. Heard Rosi gave up another turnover. Sounded like a dismal loss.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I continue to wonder why Rosival is out there. he is slow, a turnover machine and seems apt for the dumbass play. 3rd period......I don't know WTF happened to the Hawks, I think they decided they needed to play the Blues style and they can't. Hawks have to win out. Thought Crawford played well. Effin game pissed me off.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:I continue to wonder why Rosival is out there. he is slow, a turnover machine and seems apt for the dumbass play. 3rd period......I don't know WTF happened to the Hawks, I think they decided they needed to play the Blues style and they can't. Hawks have to win out. Thought Crawford played well. Effin game pissed me off.

Rosi's been awful but this IS his last season. This is THE last season we'll have a lot of veterans on this team. The Blackhawks were really peeved about the Kevin Hayes situation (young kid who they put a lot of time into only for him to bail on them due to impatience) but with the Toews/Kane contracts & the salary cap not going up much, there's simply no financial way to keep guys like Roszival, Richards, Vermette, among others. There's going to be a season or two coming up where we'll finally see a lot of the homegrown prospects be regular players.

Paliotta, Teuvo, LaLonde, Rundblad, maybe even Drew LeBlanc, Mark McNeil, and hopefully Ryan Hartman. If Morin was willing to be patient for one more year he'd for sure be on the roster next year.

I honestly can't wait. I hate that the Blackhawks have been so loathe to have their roster be homegrown guys entirely with very little in the way of free agents. Q is stubborn in his insistence for guys who goon it up and it takes a lot for him to respect prospects, but eventually the money game is going to catch up with him. Thankfully all those grizzled veterans he loves will be Keith, Seabs, Toews, Kane, etc., instead of Random Player X acquired for prospects from X.