Hawks v Preds Game 4

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Darling in goal. Hot goalie like that Q is staying with him. D has got to be solid again. Keep pressure on Pekka, he cannot handle it. Hawks seem to have his #. Like what the Hawks got out of Desjardin last game. I think Kane continues his solid play, couple of assists and a goal for him tonight. I would love to see a shutout or at least a game where the Hawks open up with a 3 goal lead so I don't have to effin stress.
UOK
Site Admin

I'm not certain how into this game I'm going to be. It's a late start which is awful, but if the opportunity is there to play games with my buddies I'd rather do that then knowingly stress myself out watching a non-series clinching game. Predators are gonna come out with a vengeance early; Blackhawks will have to stem the tide and score early goals.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Per usual, Hawks give up early goal, power play by Preds.

D has been inconsistent. Darling looking pretty good. Shit 2nd goal by preds off TO in front of net.

Seems to be a strange game. Q changing lines throughout the game.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Damn, short night/morning. Game got over 1:20 a CDT. Hawks showing some resilience. Hossa played well, the dude is amazing and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Hawks up 3-1 and I hope they get it done in Nashville.
UOK
Site Admin

I bailed after the first overtime. I woke up so exhausted but am glad I made the right decision. Triple overtime? This is not good. Blackhawks might not have a lot left after this series, but the trend of playing down to their opponents has been a really awful trend all season long. Team doesn't have much killer instinct to dominate.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Yea, that is why they need to end the series Thurs night. It will be hard in Nashville. Not sure if they will have Weber and/or Fisher back. Rinne has been decent, outside of Lundquist he is probably the top goalie in the playoffs (coming in anyway). Hossa and Toews have that killer instinct and Saad has been a beast as well. Q making the right moves, benchin Tevo and Nordstrom and showing confidence in Vermette, Desjardins and Darling.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I tried watching the start of the second overtime from bed which ultimately failed. I passed out a couple minutes into it. Woke up to hear a third overtime happening and fell asleep again.

I agree UOK. Triple overtime is not good. Even if it defeats Nashville physically and mentally because they lost the game, it only gets the Blackhawks into the next round.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

I had the Blackhawks losing to the Wild in round 2, which sucks but they're doing it to themselves with all this OT.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Playoff OT and the Hawks seem to go hand in hand. Wasn't game one of Blues series last year a 3 OTer? The epic Red Wing Hawk triple OT in 2013, I believe they had a triple OTer with the Kings as well. They will get through it, they are champs and know what to do. Bring the Wild on, Dubnyk is going to come back down to earth. If the Wild get past the Blues they will be beat up, same with the Blues, they do a good job of beating themselves up. Their style is not conducive to long playoff runs IMO.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

4 games against Blues last year went to OT, first game a 3 OTer. Hawks won 3 of the 4.

They had 2 OT games vs Kings. They won a 2 OTer.

2013, 4 of their last 7 games went into OT. They won 3 of those 4.

They have a good history in OT.
UOK
Site Admin

They have a good history in OT, but it's so wearisome and stressful. They really need to give these guys earlier puck drops going forward.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Thurs is another 8:30 games as well. It does suck that the networks or the league doesn't want games starting at the same time. Shit, after the game I was so jacked I couldn't sleep. 6a came awfully early. On my 4th cup of java and it is not working.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:It does suck that the networks or the league doesn't want games starting at the same time. Shit, after the game I was so jacked I couldn't sleep. 6a came awfully early. On my 4th cup of java and it is not working.
I woke up at 2:30am to verify if they won. After I verified the outcome I crashed again and slept so hard I was almost late for work. Coffee has done nothing, nor has tea. I'm just gonna slog through.
Thurs is another 8:30 games as well.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I'll get to watch the first period tonight, if that. I have to be up for work at 3 a.m. Friday, and then I'm working the Iowa Cubs game Friday night. I'll need as much sleep as I can get.
UOK
Site Admin

Blackhawks melt down in the 3rd. Terrible defense, awful goals surrendered, stupid play by Shaw, Rozsival, basically everyone sucked. Darling wasn't good either.

Gonna be Crow in game 6, and the Blackhawks either win at home or lose in Nashville. I don't see them pulling a miracle out of their ass either way. This team pisses me right off sometimes. Bottom of the roster is pure trash.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Bed shitters.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I have thought that this team was not a cup team since mid season. BUT, I am not sure any team is a clear cut favorite to win. Most of the playoff teams have been inconsistent in their respective series.

The Hawks D has just been so damn inconsistent this year. I don't care who is in goal. Then Q's penchant for playing rosival is maddening. I think they need some Tevo in there especially since their PP has been weak.

I thought most teams have weak players at the end of the bench. I think for the Hawks, they are not the Hawk team of 2013. they have remained somewhat stagnant, while still being talented, but other teams have caught up with them. Blues, Wild, Preds, Ducks, makes it damn difficult to be on top every year. the team will be getting younger which is good. They will slide, but I feel they will rise again in 3-4 yrs.