Patrick Kane subject of police investigation in Hamburg, N.Y

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the detailed response as to why no charges will be filed seemed to be a definitive "fuck you" to the woman who filed the complaint ... her story didn't add up, and then the evidence (particularly the DNA samples) did not match Kane
The investigation into the woman's claim veered into the bizarre last month with an apparent hoax over a brown paper bag that was touted as the one that had held the accuser's rape kit. The claim — which Cambria mocked and authorities quickly debunked — ultimately exposed several weaknesses in the case against Kane, including forensic evidence that was favorable to him.

The DNA analysis in the case found that samples taken below the accuser's waist came from more than one male profile. None of the DNA belonged to Kane, Cambria said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-p ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
so this does appear to be a case of someone scheming to take advantage of a known drunken party boy

hope Kaner learned something from this
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

As Kane investigation ends, only two people know what happened
District attorney says evidence contradicts woman’s claims of rape, but the accusations are likely to haunt Blackhawks star Kane for years

The rape investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane ended Thursday, as Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III described the young woman’s claims as “this so-called ‘case’ … rife with reasonable doubt.”

Just two people know what exactly happened in Kane’s bedroom on the night of Aug. 2. Whatever took place, the lives of those two people are forever changed.

Despite Sedita’s strong statement that “physical and forensic evidence … tend to contradict the complainant’s claims,” the accusation likely will continue to haunt Kane, affecting his reputation and potential for endorsements.

And some still doubt him. Once an accusation is made, it’s hard to take it back.

“The best thing for him to do is … tell his side of the story to the extent that his attorneys will permit him given the possibility of a civil lawsuit,” said Stephen W. Bell, a partner and director of crisis and reputation management with Eric Mower + Associates in Buffalo.

The 21-year-old woman has been criticized on social media, her name has been published on some digital sites and Kane’s attorney harshly dismissed her claim that she was under too much stress to help prosecutors.

While declining to discuss Kane or the woman specifically, rape victim advocates say the extreme media attention on the case polarized the community between those who believed the woman and those who supported Kane, a South Buffalo native who became a National Hockey League star.

“The struggle in these cases is that they shouldn’t be looked at as different” from a case involving people who aren’t normally in the media spotlight, said Jessica C. Pirro, chief executive officer of Crisis Services, which operates a 24-hour sexual assault hotline and provides support for sexual assault victims. “But because of the various external factors including a lot of attention to this case, locally and nationally, it causes a strain on how the process normally would be executed .”

yeah, this is going to be one of those scarlet letter type things that follow Kane and the accuser around for some time
George Carlin
Bears_40
Player of the Month

Sadly so. In today's electronic world crap is out there forever. He put himself into a position he should have been smart enough to avoid. Hopefully he doesn't do so again.

I stand alone.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bears_40 and 0 guests
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Yup. Consent forms from now on Kaner.

"Your going to ride this dick"
Sign here________

"Your going to suck this dick"
Sign here _________

Possible anal
Sign here ___________

"Call me names I.E. Teows little helper, or bitch"
Sign here___________

Initial ______ date_____
UOK
Site Admin

mmmc_35 wrote:Yup. Consent forms from now on Kaner.

"Your going to ride this dick"
Sign here________

"Your going to suck this dick"
Sign here _________

Possible anal
Sign here ___________

"Call me names I.E. Teows little helper, or bitch"
Sign here___________

Initial ______ date_____

"If you can't do the initials, please make your X and smile for the camera."
UOK
Site Admin

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope there's nothing substantial to this.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:

I'm going to guess whatever you linked is now connected to this one.

"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

RING4CHI wrote:
UOK wrote:

I'm going to guess whatever you linked is now connected to this one.

Yes. I should've saved the images, as they have been deleted.

Basically the story, which has no names or dates that I could see, was thus:

Girl and friend go to club in California. Kane is partying there and after some overly aggressive touching indicates that the girl should go back with him to his place. She declines several times before going to the bathroom. Kane follows her into bathroom and shoves his fingers inside of her while she is virtually paralyzed in fear.

He tells her something to the effect of, "if you had come back to my place I wouldn't have to do this," and rubs his semi-erect penis on her legs and ass. After several minutes of this he leaves. Her friend is wondering why she didn't go back to his place.

---

Who knows what's true, but if there are more stories like this out there that go unreported, it's a very troubling trend.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

NHL closes investigation into allegations against Patrick Kane
The NHL announced Wednesday that their independent investigation into what the league called “the Patrick Kane matter” has been completed and that the matter is considered closed. Kane was accused of raping a woman in his Hamburg, N.Y. home in August. After a lengthy investigation by local authorities, no charges were filed against the Chicago Blackhawks forward.

Details of the NHL's independent review have been scant until the league released the following statement Wednesday:

The National Hockey League announced today that it has completed its independent review of the Patrick Kane matter, the final stage of which included an in-person meeting between Kane and Commissioner Gary Bettman in New York on Monday, March 7. Based on its review, including the determination made by the Erie County District Attorney not to pursue charges, the NHL has concluded that the allegations made against Kane were unfounded. The League considers the matter closed and will have no further comment.

How the investigation was conducted and who was involved, aside from the commissioner's face-to-face with the player, remains unclear.
so they closed the investigation but did it in a way that still leaves lingering questions

lovely
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Hey. OJ and Ray Ray were innocent too