Chicago Blackhawks // 2015-16 reg. season general discussion

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The Streak continues. Kaner with an empty netter in the last minute. HAWKS WIN!!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Kaner keeps it rolling along. Crawford with back to back shutouts. Lets hope this is the start of a 7 game or more win streak.
UOK
Site Admin

Hope Dano finds his game in Rockford. Not been an ideal season for him, but sophomore slump was likely.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

His play was inconsistent. I think he will be alright. Hawks looking a little deeper than I thought they would. While the train between the Rockford and Chicago hasn't been ridden by future studs, they all look capable.

Rasmussen has looked good, mashinter has looked OK. Only guy that frustrated me was Svedburg, the Chara type D man. He seemed slow and relied a lot on his reach.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks trade Trevor Daley to Penguins for Rod Scuderi. Seems like a decent enough trade. Scuderi has been a pretty consistent D man his career and I think the Hawks D has been lacking a little. He also has 2 rings so the man knows what to expect coming to this team.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Hawks trade Trevor Daley to Penguins for Rod Scuderi. Seems like a decent enough trade. Scuderi has been a pretty consistent D man his career and I think the Hawks D has been lacking a little. He also has 2 rings so the man knows what to expect coming to this team.
He's a Quenneville guy. Pure 100% defense with 0% offense, plus he's really old. This is Q's trade.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, the Hawks brightened the weekend with two wins in exciting fashion if you like OT and shootouts. Kaners keeps rolling after not scoring in one game. Some of the young kids looked good over the weekend. Rasmussen, Danualt (sp) in particular.
UOK
Site Admin

I'm curious if they're going to acquire another defenseman. Probably somebody that's 40+ because Q loves those guys.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well, the Hawks had their lunch money stolen and their books thrown atop the school house. The Stars bullied the hell out of them last night. Stars are looking like the BEST OF THE MOMENT in the NHL. I think they have been pretty much injury free so far. They looked fast and skilled, kind of like the Blackhawks.

I will put my spin on the L, the Hawks minds were already on Christmas and the Stars wanted to take down the champs.
UOK
Site Admin

Hawks/Stars will be a miserable playoff series that will probably have the Blackhawks lose in 7, but right now the Stars are on fire and the Blackhawks are barely hanging on.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks on a nice little win streak. Took two from the Pens (home and home). Panarin continues to shine and they are finally getting in front of the net consistently and look what is happening.
UOK
Site Admin

Hawks are tearing it up. Kane's on for an MVP type year.

Bryan Bickell, on the other hand, needs to retire.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Damn missed them putting it to the Russian. Varlomov is about #1 on my most hated list. He has simply dominated the Hawks.

Bickell? Now he is just getting outplayed by everyone, all the young guys. Feel bad for him in a way, but not bad enough to want him to play when he is not contributing.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Damn missed them putting it to the Russian. Varlomov is about #1 on my most hated list. He has simply dominated the Hawks.

Bickell? Now he is just getting outplayed by everyone, all the young guys. Feel bad for him in a way, but not bad enough to want him to play when he is not contributing.
He's just unhealthy and the vertigo has broken his game. He had his moment in the sun a few years ago in the playoffs, the Blackhawks mistakenly awarded him a stupid contract, and now they're sleeping in the bed they made.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hawks keep rolling. Shaw with 2 goals. Good to see some other guys putting the puck in the net. Q gets extended, Hawk organization doing things the right way. Great to see some stability in a Chicago franchise.
UOK
Site Admin

Scary finish though! Fun win.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Hawks keep rolling. Shaw with 2 goals. Good to see some other guys putting the puck in the net. Q gets extended, Hawk organization doing things the right way. Great to see some stability in a Chicago franchise.

I remember the bad old days when the 'Hawks would sign some big name guy at the end of his career just to sell tickets and with no regard to actually building a team (rot in hell old man Wirtz) .. nice to see Rocky Wirtz is not a chip off that old decrepit block but rather a man of his own and a man with a clue

and yes, it is so appreciated to see positive stability in at least 1 Chicago franchise
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Scary finish though! Fun win.
The wife started heading to bed with about 4 minutes left thinking it was all but over. I told her, "Honey this is the Blackhawks, they tend to make things interesting most of the time." Before you knew it the Preds scored.

Gotta give Crow some credit, Lord knows I bash him enough, he is been playing well. Just seems to have that post season confidence going now.

Boris, yea I am trying to remember more of those signings, one comes right to mind is the brain battered, worn out Bob Probert.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Coach Q to #2!

Nice little win streak going. Have heard people complain about Crow not being all star. I think he needs the rest and to take it easy. No reason to be part of the shit show know as the All Star game. It will just be a Pepper The Goalie game with this 3 on 3 bullshit they are doing.

GO HAWKS!!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Hawks/Stars will be a miserable playoff series that will probably have the Blackhawks lose in 7, but right now the Stars are on fire and the Blackhawks are barely hanging on.
The roles have reversed. Hawks in 1st place now. This team is capable of so much. Young dudes bringing it.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't know why I even bother having doubts anymore. The Blackhawks are on some other planet.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

We all have doubts, it is a Chicago franchise. Remember I am the biggest critic of Crow and that sum bitch is kicking ass. I need to relax when it comes to him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I don't know why I even bother having doubts anymore. The Blackhawks are on some other planet.

this Blackhawks team is built for current and future success ... they could be to Stanley Cups what the Bulls were to NBA Championships

so relax and roll with the flow and enjoy it while it lasts ... because like the Jordan Bulls, it isn't going to last forever
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Crow with his league leading 7th shoutout. He has been in beast mode. Good win over the charging Blues.
UOK
Site Admin

Fuck the Blues. Loved that win, especially after the deflating run in Florida.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

2 wins after All Star Break. Did n't get to see last nights but saw the highlights. Thought Q was gonna have a coronary.

Hossa is just a friggin beast. Love that dude.
UOK
Site Admin

Blackhawks had a strange win last night. Coyotes are a bunch of pricks who have always played the Hawks tough (Shane Doan can kiss my ass, also), and there was some stupid penalties that put the PK in a bad spot, but Toews was a beast. Total monster in the clutch - there are none better.

Blackhawks got away with a few uncalled whistles late which was a great help, but considering it's the NHL-owned Coyotes, screw 'em.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Panarin hat trick clinches win

https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-top ... =278837328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

first rookie to 20 goals this season ... playing well with every chance he gets

have to root for this guy ... he was an afterthought acquisition who had to fight for a roster spot and is really making the most of it
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Helluva game last night. When you only score 1 goal in 9 minutes of man advantage, you don't deserve to win.

Reaves call was really bad, but this it the new PC NHL.

I believe the win meant more for the Blues, they need all the confidence they can get, we know their playoff experience.