2016 Playoffs: Rd 1 - Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blues

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Kane scores in 2OT to stave off the damned Blues.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Delaying the inevitable.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

it was nice to see they intend to put up a fight rather than just roll over and accept their fate ... I am at work, sleep deprived and drinking more coffee than usual, but kind of happy

stranger things have happened, so I'm not giving up hope yet
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I was texting a buddy of mine who lives in St Lou and when the Hawks went up 3--1 he said it is over. I told him I would not count on it and I would feel better with a 3 goal lead. I told him Crow was flinching and I wasn't confident. Lo and friggin behold the bastard Blues tied the shit up :frustrated: This Hawk team, DAMN!!

Thank goodness Hitchcock called the effin TO 2 min into the second OT, why I have no idea.

Kaner with pure determination put more doubt in the Blues. STill a big hill to climb but I think the Blues are getting nervous and Hitchcock is getting dumber. Brouwer plays approx. 10 more minutes than Taresanko!!!! WTF is wrong with that picture?
Bears_40
Player of the Month

I love watching the blues choke. Go Hawks!

I stand alone.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bears_40 and 0 guests
UOK
Site Admin

Game 7, bitches.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My goodness, man this shit is killing me. Both teams taking turns being Jekyl and Hyde.

Hawks just don't get flustered.

Hitchcock not playing#91 on PP - thank you.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

that was a damn satisfying win ... seeing Hitchcock on the screen looking like someone who just ate something that is about to come back up was pretty cool too

the patience and effectiveness on the Blackhawks power play was something we hadn't seen in a while

so now we go on to a game 7 probably none of us thought we'd see a few days ago .... winning it on Blues ice will make it that much more satisfying

GO BLACKHAWKS!
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Well this is what fans (some) want. A highly competitive series coming down to lose and go home.

I like the Hawks moxie, they don't seem to get nervous or flustered (except Crow, who has played alright).

Toews leads this team by example and his leadership is a big X factor in this series. Ladd has been doing a helluva job. Hossa has came on and Kane hasn't played bad, just not scoring goals. I love the way Panik played Saturday night, that dude was flying all over the place. Shaw is a dude they need. He is the only guy the really gets dirty and plays in front of Elliott.

should be a helluva game. I would rather see the Hawks blow them out but really can't see a blowout either way.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

This game is insanity.
UOK
Site Admin

I've decided to drink more beer to help w/ this game.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the blonde woman in the pink top behind the 'Hawks bench has some nice cleavage on display ... this has been the only game I don't mind the camera shots of the coach ... she appears right over Quenneville's shoulder
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Boris13c wrote:the blonde woman in the pink top behind the 'Hawks bench has some nice cleavage on display ... this has been the only game I don't mind the camera shots of the coach ... she appears right over Quenneville's shoulder

----

Yeah, pretty sure Blackhawks lose thanks to Troy Brouwer's traitor ass.
UOK
Site Admin

I hope Sharp fucks all of their wives and girlfriends.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Especially Ott's
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

a shitty end to an interesting season ... they didn't go down without a fight ... that double post almost tying goal was so agonizing ... and this was a pretty exciting series

that said, fuck the Blues
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Just a really inconsistent year for the Hawks. Didn't end the way any of us wanted, but a pretty realistic finish for a 3rd place team. Division is the best in hockey and the Hawks are just a worn down bunch.

Exciting series but inconsistent still. Too many turnovers in their zone leading to all Blues goals.

Excited for coming years seeing some young guys getting playing time.
Bears_40
Player of the Month

We'll be back. Too much talent not to be. The Cup is ours next year!

I stand alone.