under the NBA "wtf?" category - music or lack thereof

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Draymond Green: Knicks' axing of in-game music 'completely disrespectful'
NEW YORK -- The Knicks elected to go without music for the first half of Sunday's game against Golden State, and the decision did not sit well with Warriors forward Draymond Green.

"That was pathetic," Green said after his team's 112-105 win. "It was ridiculous. It changed the flow of the game. It changed everything. You get used to playing a certain way. It completely changed it. To me, I think it was completely disrespectful to everyone from [NBA senior VP of entertainment and player marketing] Michael Levine to [Warriors president and COO] Rick Welts and all these people who've done these things to change the game from an entertainment perspective.
is the NBA really so out of touch with reality that this is actually a big deal? or is this just 1 NBA dumbass?

while I can see how maybe it got this guy's panties in a knot, I dispute this was an act of such disrespect
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I feel like music would liven things up, though.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It is Draymond Green, he is a big dumbass.

I know that prior to the high school games, both bball and football, I go to, the music gets rather obnoxious. It is loud and unnecessary to me. Hell, even the music they play that I like, gets irritation played thru shitty speakers. I think I would enjoy it more if it was an actual pep band and not piped in music.