Wizards get Westbrook

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

I have a knack for liking shitty franchises. Besides the Bears, I like the Orioles and yes, The Bullets errr Wizards. And caps. Capitals are the only decent one of the bunch.

Anyhow, huge trade Wall for Westbrook! I’m real happy to move Wall, he was overrated even when healthy - he can’t shoot! And hasn’t played in 2 years.

Westbrook averaged like 30 - 7 - 7 last year, he’s still a great scorer. And with Beal and Bertans he’ll have space to roam. Some young talent on that team too, Hachimura and Bryant. Wizards are gonna be good. Bring it Bulls fans! (I actually also love the Bulls lol, hated their draft pick though).
dplank
Hall of Famer

Hahaha self own. Good lord the Wizards are TERRIBLE.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Westbrook is a "me" player. He will make sure he gets his stats to the detriment of the team. IMO he is not a winner. He forced his way out of a bad situation for himself, getting out of Houston. Harden is another "me" player who will never win a title. Dislike both as team players.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:47 am Westbrook is a "me" player. He will make sure he gets his stats to the detriment of the team. IMO he is not a winner. He forced his way out of a bad situation for himself, getting out of Houston. Harden is another "me" player who will never win a title. Dislike both as team players.
I'm wondering how in the hell they won so many games in Houston last year though...crazy.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

James Harden (also a "me" player, FWIW) is that good. That's how the Rockets won last year.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
dplank
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:01 pm James Harden (also a "me" player, FWIW) is that good. That's how the Rockets won last year.
Turns out that Westbrook was injured and foolishly tried to play through it. He lacked explosion and athleticism. He's now healthy and much closer to the player I thought we were getting - and, along with that, the Wizards are red hot right now and climbing up the standings!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Kudos to Westbrook. He's still going strong at an age where a lot of players in the past have fallen off the cliff.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: