Just Can't Keep His Mouth Shut

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

I was a big Scottie Pippen fan during his career. His talent was undeniable on both ends of the court. I don't think the Bulls win all 6 without him. But his pulling himself out of the Knicks playoff game when he wasn't given the last shot was unforgiveable. It may be the single worst thing I've seen a pro athlete do (the guys throwing games in baseball before the game was cleaned up are worse but way before my time). He's never accepted blame nor provided any explanation which explains his hare-brained decision. And now he's saying that Phil Jackson is a racist and designed the play for Toni Kuko because of his color. It became pretty obvious in the '90s that Pippen wasn't the sharpest card in the deck. The contract he signed late in his Bulls career, a horrible one which cost him a lot of money, many many people tried to talk him out of signing. He's "written" an autobiography slamming Jordan and other teammates. Sad to see someone degenerate in this way.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'll never understand what PIppen's deal is.

I'm not dignifying the whole Phil Jackson is a racist thing by talking about it.

I watched Pippen play since he was a rookie. I met him and got an autograph from him in his rookie year.

While Michael Jordan is the undeniable GOAT forever the Bulls season I was the most proud of was the full season that Jordan was gone and it was Pippen's team. Even though they got screwed I really wanted that title so Pippen could be his own man.

Then he does dumb thing after dumb thing. I think he's bitter from that contract he signed and Krause probably aggravated everybody around him. Krause was a disaster of the highest order. Michael Jordan covered up a lot of Krause's mistakes. Most GMs could've assembled a team around Jordan and won with him. The real test of Krause was when he broke up that team, hired his buddy as the HC, got all those high draft picks, traded Elton Brand and squandered it all. The Bulls haven't done crap in 20 years. 20.
Xee
Site Admin

His son died a couple months ago. I'm sure the grief/anger is playing a roll in him making this statement.
UOK
Site Admin

He's releasing a book and stuff soon. I don't want to say this is entirely promotional stuff, but it kind of stinks of it. Pippen seems like the kind of person whose career left him bitter and disrespected.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Pippen has brought all his misfortunes (I guess that is what I would call it) on himself. He signed a shitty contract with the Bulls over peeps telling him not to. IMO, he didn't have enough confidence in himself not to sign. If I remember correctly his mom was sick and he felt he needed to take the guaranteed $$ to help her out.

The Kukoc, last second shot deal.

His taking himself out of a Pistons game. It took him awhile to get over how they used to beat the hell out of him.

He goes elsewhere and doesn't really do shit.

He was a Robin. He needed a Batman. He was not talented enough to literally take over a game (like Jordan, Bird, Lebron, Curry). For some reason he is not satisfied being classified as a top 50 all time player. He may not make that list now.