The 2021 Season Thread

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

We all endured the painful years of GarPax. What finally motivated Reinsdorf to make a move and do things right will probably always be a mystery. But he did, hired a new GM, and Billy Donovan. Karnisovas and Eversley rebuilt this team from the ground up, preserving Lavine and White, and that was about it. They signed key role players, and went out on a limb and signed Demar Derozan to a 3yr/$85M contract, which a lot of NBA analysts were saying was a horrible signing.

But here we are. Bulls are 12-5, and 2nd in the East. DeRozan is the 3rd leading scorer in the league. The Caruso and Ball signings have turned this line-up into probably a top 3 defense and basketball IQ squad. They got White back, and are waiting for Vucevic to return from COVID protocols. So they haven't really had their entire team together yet, and they are still learning to play together as a unit. This is a fun team to watch.

So I thought I would start a thread specifically for the 2021-2022 season. I think the Bulls have a chance to challenge the top teams in the East, and possibly make a run at the finals. This is also year one of the new team, so we're in for this for the next few years.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Bulls v. Knicks:

Bulls struggled tonight against the Knicks and the refs, but showed a lot of resilience. Derozan went off for over 30 points...again. White came back tonight and was dropping 3's. I thought that once Caruso got into foul trouble, it really hampered the defensive effort. But the team fought through it and were able to come back in the 4th quarter and pull out a win. I'm finding that this is becoming a theme with this group. Don't count them out in the 4th quarter. Their defense locks down, and players step up and score.
Grizzled
MVP

I like the makeup of this team. Yeah, they lost 2 to the '76ers although I think a rematch would be different, they're playing completely different now. Great point differential, one of the best in the league. Scrapping, hustling team, which is my type of ball. The 'Hawks tore it down and ended up with 3 Cups. The Sox are seeing results. Now it's up to the Bears to get their collective heads out from where the sun don't shine, drop the deadwood, and build off of young key pieces.
"How about them Bulls!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Bulls vs. Pacers:

This would have been a winnable game for the Bulls, if they had not just come off of a dogfight with the Knicks the previous night. The Bulls got down early and looked exhausted. No spring in their step. Caruso was sidelined as well with a wrist contusion, which hampered the defense even more. The fact of the matter is, on full rest the Bulls would have probably beaten the Pacers. Stacey King mentioned a stat last night that was promising. With team records across the league RIGHT NOW, the Bulls have the 3rd easiest schedule the rest of the way. Hopefully that bodes well for our playoff seed.