Will Thibs be fired regardless of record?

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

I'm not the biggest Bulls fan, but the word on the street is that regardless of any outcome that is not an NBA title, Thibs may get fired by the Bulls after this season. He's still under contract, so he can't walk, but the relationship between Paxson and Thibs has been toxic for awhile. There's a lot of scrutiny about the medical staff, issues w/ him overplaying his team and grinding them down (although I hear he's been better about that lately), etc.

What say ye?
G08
Hall of Famer

I think his act has worn thin. There is no prize for best record in the NBA and then losing in the first round.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

He gets those record by making his starters play absurd amounts of minutes in a physically intensive style. It's already taken Jimmy Butler from MVP to withered husk in a matter of months.
Stay_Cool
MVP

Yeah im off the thibs train. Trade taj for a legit wing (or, yoy know, find out what we have in McDermott WHO WE SPENT TWO FIRSTS ON)
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
G08
Hall of Famer

Douggie McBuckets got his knee scoped and he's good to go, but of course Thibs will make him ride the pine.

We are sorely missing the shooting of Mike Dunleavy, and yet Douggie sits on the bench.

Thibs is fucking maddening sometimes.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The guy has the knowledge and has extended the bench more this season than he has since he has been in Chicago, BUT, the fucker has to relax. These are men who have been playing bball for a long time. He does not have to coach every friggin possession!!! I like that he is stern and preaches Defense, but take a damn seat and enjoy the game a little. Gasol has came out and said practices are not that hard but that could be player speak.

The D has stunk for about a month now and the players all speak after the game about lack of communication and intensity. They have been saying that after every friggin game and nothing has changed.

Lot of talent on this team, they should be playing better. And Rose, you are not an outside shooter, give it up and take the ball to the rack!!!!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:The guy has the knowledge and has extended the bench more this season than he has since he has been in Chicago, BUT, the fucker has to relax. These are men who have been playing bball for a long time. He does not have to coach every friggin possession!!! I like that he is stern and preaches Defense, but take a damn seat and enjoy the game a little.

has a college coach's attitude, which works in college with young 'uns who need the direction, and the grinding style is ok because again they're young ... plus the college season is shorter

but I think he is ruining the Bulls

if he doesn't take a chill pill real soon I think he certainly will be the next ex-Bulls coach
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin