Bulls fans - want your thoughts.

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

So let me preface this by saying I am in no way a Bulls fan whatsoever. I don't root against them, but I just have no horse in the NBA race at this time.

However, I obviously intensely follow the Chicago sports scene and media outlets, and the consensus here in March 2016 is that the Bulls are an unlikeable, disappointing franchise that is virtually rotten at multiple levels and needs a total teardown.

For those who watch the Bulls regularly, are die hards, or even casual fans, how does the team make you feel these days? What's it like rooting for these guys? Do you see a future?
UOK
Site Admin

...it appears that simply nobody gives a shit, lol.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I will chime in, as an equal to your feelings. I follow the Bulls but do not live and die with Ws and Ls. I believe Rose has to go. For one, the injuries are just too much. Secondly, he is a friggin head case and I don't think his head is 100% in the game anymore.

There needs to be an overhaul in the front office but that won't happen. Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault.

They missed their window on trading Noah, so they should ride him until is done or ride him until his trade value increases.

Trade Taj. I like him but it is time. Ride some of the young guns awhile with Butler. Dougie Mc looks like the goods. Portis has shown flashes and Mirotic can shoot even though he is allergic to D. Get rid of Pau as well.

so yea, a tear down of sorts is needed.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:...it appears that simply nobody gives a shit, lol.

:lol:

while I am not a dedicated NBA fan, I do follow the Bulls (sort of kind of)

I remember when they were winning all those Championships with Michael and Scotty and the gang ... they were an interesting and fun team to watch ... and it seemed at times they didn't always like each other, but once game time came, they were united in the destruction of the other team ... so yeah, they had some drama

but the current Bulls take drama to a different level ... they don't seem to have a real plan on how to use their roster, and they are sol if one of their key starters goes down ... they don't look like they are having much fun, and can sometimes seem like they are tanking ... so they are not an enjoyable team to watch

so I'll vote with you - burn it to the ground and start over

maybe if Derrick Rose wasn't an injury waiting to happen they would have achieved something notable by now ... but that also points to the biggest team problem - putting all their eggs in the Derrick Rose basket

even the folks who make his action figure add to this ... one of the funniest unintentional trolling efforts I've seen in a while :

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

They are stuck in mediocrity. They need a complete over haul. Half of the players don't fit the scheme. The other half are head cases. Burn it to the ground.
wab
Mod

I think the NBA as a whole is junk.