View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 13807
Location: The Bear Nebula
Richie wrote:
Anyone remember these things from Thanksgiving 2004? Bears tried to say they were our 1933 throwbacks, I think. Really ridiculous. This game also sucked. I remember our D was just coming into form under Lovie and the NFC was terrible. We were in the thick of the WC race at 4-6 (lol) and Krenzel got hurt. Mighty Jon Quinn led us to 0 offensive points. Jerry Azumah had a pick six and that was it.

Image



that's pretty close to the 1930's version ... maybe the orange is too bright though and the white outline could have been thinner

the game they were worn in being terrible kind of tainted my view on it as well


Bears unis through the years :

Image

the orange one in the pic is dated 1935, but was probably the same one in 1933 and is definitely different than the 2005 version

_________________
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Posts: 963
Boris13c wrote:
Richie wrote:
Anyone remember these things from Thanksgiving 2004? Bears tried to say they were our 1933 throwbacks, I think. Really ridiculous. This game also sucked. I remember our D was just coming into form under Lovie and the NFC was terrible. We were in the thick of the WC race at 4-6 (lol) and Krenzel got hurt. Mighty Jon Quinn led us to 0 offensive points. Jerry Azumah had a pick six and that was it.

Image



that's pretty close to the 1930's version ... maybe the orange is too bright though and the white outline could have been thinner

the game they were worn in being terrible kind of tainted my view on it as well


Bears unis through the years :

Image

the orange one in the pic is dated 1935, but was probably the same one in 1933 and is definitely different than the 2005 version


Yeah, you're right. That is accurate.

I suppose that I'm just surprised a 1930's NFL team donned orange uniforms. Compared to most throwbacks, that's a bit colorful.

Also, I was wrong. The pick six was McQuarters - not Azumah. Regardless, yeah... that game stunk and Quinn was a total embarrassment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 am
Posts: 311
Z Bear wrote:
I kind of like these oranges ones... think it would look better with navy pants.

Image

Yeah navy pants for sure


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Posts: 963
VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Z Bear wrote:
I kind of like these oranges ones... think it would look better with navy pants.

Image

Yeah navy pants for sure


I think that's one of those things that sounds good in theory, but then is way too much in real life. I don't know... Worth a shot, maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 738
VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:
Z Bear wrote:
I kind of like these oranges ones... think it would look better with navy pants.

Image

Yeah navy pants for sure

Yep. Navy pants and no orange shirt and that would look pretty sharp.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 674
Richie wrote:
wab wrote:
Eh, i don't hate the orange.


Yeah, I should have been more clear. I don't hate the orange either -- they have a place. I just prefer our throwbacks.

I'm fine with going back to them for a season or two. I just hope we don't try to do something ridiculous with them.

Anyone remember these things from Thanksgiving 2004? Bears tried to say they were our 1933 throwbacks, I think. Really ridiculous. This game also sucked. I remember our D was just coming into form under Lovie and the NFC was terrible. We were in the thick of the WC race at 4-6 (lol) and Krenzel got hurt. Mighty Jon Quinn led us to 0 offensive points. Jerry Azumah had a pick six and that was it.

Image


I was in Dallas attending that game back in 2004. Embarrassing was the best way I could describe it. From the uniforms to Jonathan Quinn to the entire futility of the organization at that point.

_________________
Never Die Easy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:34 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Posts: 963
DaSuperfan wrote:
Richie wrote:
wab wrote:
Eh, i don't hate the orange.


Yeah, I should have been more clear. I don't hate the orange either -- they have a place. I just prefer our throwbacks.

I'm fine with going back to them for a season or two. I just hope we don't try to do something ridiculous with them.

Anyone remember these things from Thanksgiving 2004? Bears tried to say they were our 1933 throwbacks, I think. Really ridiculous. This game also sucked. I remember our D was just coming into form under Lovie and the NFC was terrible. We were in the thick of the WC race at 4-6 (lol) and Krenzel got hurt. Mighty Jon Quinn led us to 0 offensive points. Jerry Azumah had a pick six and that was it.

Image


I was in Dallas attending that game back in 2004. Embarrassing was the best way I could describe it. From the uniforms to Jonathan Quinn to the entire futility of the organization at that point.


Yeah, 2004 was (thankfully) the end of a very dark 10 year period or so. Our offense was, undoubtedly a complete embarrassment. Truly, I've never seen a more dysfunctional NFL offense in my life than when Quinn was out there leading the Bears. At least with Henry Burris, you could tell he was more just completely raw than anything. With Quinn, it was just watching a complete imposter of an NFL football player. Probably the worst NFL QB I have ever and will ever see.

The D was actually getting there, but the 04 offense made the 05 and 06 offenses look like juggernauts. I remember those 3 consecutive Krenzel wins -- with the one being at Tennessee where we failed to notch an offensive point and won on an overtime safety. Hutchinson provided perhaps our shining moment that season in actually playing well in his Bears debut start and beating a solid Vikings team.

The Houston game (at that point the coldest in Soldier Field history) was another flat out embarrassment. Ended our dim little playoff hopes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am
Posts: 1208
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Richie wrote:




The D was actually getting there, but the 04 offense made the 05 and 06 offenses look like juggernauts. I remember those 3 consecutive Krenzel wins -- with the one being at Tennessee where we failed to notch an offensive point and won on an overtime safety. Hutchinson provided perhaps our shining moment that season in actually playing well in his Bears debut start and beating a solid Vikings team.

The Houston game (at that point the coldest in Soldier Field history) was another flat out embarrassment. Ended our dim little playoff hopes.


I was actually at that cold game against Huston.

My brother called me up, last min & said that some "guy" said it was too cold & gave him 2 tickets.
I had a T-shirt & a hood on & just enough time to get there if I didn't get pulled over.

It was like - 14 or something w/ the wind chill= & it WAS pretty chilly.
There was a family FROM Texas sitting in front of us, dressed on some sort of Eskimo outfits, with just their "Kenny" faces showing.

I asked my brother (loud enough for the Texans fans to hear) if he heard that it was supposed to be cold today.

It was cold enough to freeze a hot chocolate before you finished it.
& unfortunately the Texans players weren't so affected.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am
Posts: 18830
Location: Champaign, IL
Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 am
Posts: 39
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England
Not hideous.

_________________
-------------------------------
....trying not to get too optimistic.

#42 Coventry Jets


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group