View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:36 am 
Head Coach

posted before

I just can't see this defense allowing Miami to do anything.

Bears 24
Miami 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:18 am 
MVP

Bears 27
Dolphins 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 am 
Player of the Month

Bears win 27-20

I’m nervous about the team looking past Miami with NE up next. That said, I think we’re watching one of the next great coaches in the making with Nagy and him having 2 weeks to gameplan and prepare is huge.

The dolphins short passing game plays into our hand perfectly because of the way Vic disguises his coverage schemes. We could see our best sack output of he season because of it.This is the game we really see Roquan Smiths talent on display. I’m expecting a big game out of him. That said, Adam Gase knows offense and he knows Vic’s D...This should be a good chess match.

On offense...I want to see Nagy keep his foot on the gas. Push the ball..force this defense to sit back then hammer the inside of their defense with Jordan Howard and Cohen. I’m betting Daniels gets the start and I think we see a significant difference with our inside running game. It looks like Wake is going to be out again, which only makes things worse for that front 7. I’m hoping we naturally get Howard going and Nagy doesn’t force it because of the outside noise.

This game will tell us if we’re as good as the numbers say..If we truly are a playoff contender this is a game we have to win.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 pm 
Mod

PFT Still hates the Bears:

Quote:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm 
Pro Bowler

wab wrote:
PFT Still hates the Bears:

Quote:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.

That is outrageous. They beat the Titans in Mike Vrabel's first game as head coach, the Jets in Sam Darnold's second game of his career, and Oakland who has arguably the worst defense in the league.

Miami's giving up about 2 sacks a game. That will change on Sunday. Tannehill is coming off a major knee injury. He's going to have orange in his face all day, and he's going to make some VERY ill-advised throws. There's some talent in their secondary, but I like our Tackles against Wake and Quinn, and Wake hasn’t practiced this week. I like Mitch to complete 66% of his passes with 2 TDs. I really like Miami's Xavien Howard and Minkah Fitzpatrick. One of them may get a pick.

CHI - 31

MIA - 13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm 
MVP

Chi 27
Miami 17 with a TD in garbage time to make it look closer than it was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 am 
Crafty Veteran

I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:16 am 
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.

Given the state of the Dolphins OL, the Bears are going to be able to get pressure by rushing 4-5, and the Dolphins are going to have to keep 6-7 to block. Which means there will be 6-7 Bears to cover 3-4 receivers. I don't see that working well for them.

My guess is that they will start with some screen plays and short passes to try and slow down the rush. After Roquan and Eddie completely blow that up, it will get ugly fast.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 am 
Head Coach

I heard on the radio or somewhere that the line started Bears +1 and has moved to Bears -3. That's quite a move in a few days without player changes.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am 
Journeyman

I'm not confident that the Bears can repeat their offensive production from a couple of weeks ago, but I am confident that the defense is up to the task. Dolphins can probably move the ball with their short passing game, but not often enough to win.

Bears 23
Miami 13

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 378 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next