WEEK 7 // Bears lose 38-31 to Patriots

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

EricTighe
MVP

You will always have Oil and water no matter how great a person is to others or bad to people in some cases.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
EricTighe wrote:
G08 wrote: Bellamy... I'm just so fucking sick of this asshole. That was a tremendous INT by the corner, I'll give him that, but Mitch made a hell of a throw to potentially get us another first down.
COme on now that is a bit rough. From what I have read the guy is a tremendous person and teammate. So he can't catch but he can get open and his special teams play is pretty damn solid. Watch him missing the fumble recovery and you will notice he was tangled with another guy when that happened.

I am in no way advocating for him to be a starting WR but to call him an asshole is pretty rough.
Ask Tre McBride how awesome of a person Bellamy is.
Exactly.

Get me a WR4 who can catch a damn football and protect his QB when they throw a 50/50 ball.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

EricTighe wrote:You will always have Oil and water no matter how great a person is to others or bad to people in some cases.
To wab's point, you know Bellamy tried to (and perhaps did?) bang McBride's girlfriend, right? He's a clown... I follow that dude on instagram and he's just... annoying isn't even a proper word for me to use.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
EricTighe
MVP

Fair enough
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:Wrestled out of the play meaning what? Is that illegal?
The guy who blocked him put him in a headlock and wrung him to the ground by his neck. On the left you see the block in the back on McManis.

G08 wrote: Bellamy... I'm just so fucking sick of this asshole. That was a tremendous INT by the corner, I'll give him that, but Mitch made a hell of a throw to potentially get us another first down.

Kevin White should be getting his reps. I thought he had a terrific hands catch on the outside and of course going up and snatching the ball on the Hail Mary.
I think we'll see way more of White after this week. He played two balls in the air with great toughness and nearly tied the game out of sheer effort. I don't know if Bellamy's roster spot is safe for long, either, but I think they'll make heavy-handed evaluations after this Jets/Bills pair of games.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
G08 wrote:Wrestled out of the play meaning what? Is that illegal?
The guy who blocked him put him in a headlock and wrung him to the ground by his neck. On the left you see the block in the back on McManis.

Kevin White should be getting his reps. I thought he had a terrific hands catch on the outside and of course going up and snatching the ball on the Hail Mary.
I think we'll see way more of White after this week. He played two balls in the air with great toughness and nearly tied the game out of sheer effort. I don't know if Bellamy's roster spot is safe for long, either, but I think they'll make heavy-handed evaluations after this Jets/Bills pair of games.
Ah, appreciate the clarity. That pisses me off even more now :lol:

I don't know what Bellamy has done to stick on this roster... he's quick/fast and runs great routes, he just has shit hands and really doesn't have the finesse it takes to be a WR in this league (in my opinion). I want White to take his reps, especially if Robinson isn't able to go this week.

G08
Hall of Famer

I've bagged on Kevin White as hard as anyone, but this is a damned good catch. Strong hands, snatches the ball out of the air with a defender on him, and has the presence of mind to turn around and try to fight (a bit) for more yardage.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:I've bagged on Kevin White as hard as anyone, but this is a damned good catch. Strong hands, snatches the ball out of the air with a defender on him, and has the presence of mind to turn around and try to fight (a bit) for more yardage.

The way those plays are designed, is to have a few Bears play shallow, so that if the guy catches the ball, the players behind him can give him a good shove into the endzone. But, the guys were too deep.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:I've bagged on Kevin White as hard as anyone, but this is a damned good catch. Strong hands, snatches the ball out of the air with a defender on him, and has the presence of mind to turn around and try to fight (a bit) for more yardage.

The way those plays are designed, is to have a few Bears play shallow, so that if the guy catches the ball, the players behind him can give him a good shove into the endzone. But, the guys were too deep.
This was a different play, the completion to the sideline.

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I wonder if White maybe is struggling to pick up the offense or something.

Pace and Nagy are way to smart to keep sticking edward scissorhands out there for no reason.
UOK
Site Admin

southdakbearfan wrote:I wonder if White maybe is struggling to pick up the offense or something.
He's been implicit in some of the Bears illegal formation penalties by not lining up right.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:I wonder if White maybe is struggling to pick up the offense or something.
He's been implicit in some of the Bears illegal formation penalties by not lining up right.
So is that the problem? He has all the physical gifts you would want in a receiver. Does he just not have it between the ears? Is he not picking up the formations and the adjustments at the line? That would be really disappointing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:
So is that the problem? He has all the physical gifts you would want in a receiver. Does he just not have it between the ears? Is he not picking up the formations and the adjustments at the line? That would be really disappointing.

he's had 2 years not being able to play so should have had more than ample time to get familiar with the playbook and know what he is supposed to do ... so if he is dumb as a rock and can't learn, that is a problem ... and with that in mind if he graduated with a degree, that may have some negative implications regarding his college
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Is that right? I had no idea... curious if he's dumb or if it's a side-effect of Nagy only teaching him the Z position.

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
Is that right? I had no idea... curious if he's dumb or if it's a side-effect of Nagy only teaching him the Z position.
Yeah, I don't remember which game...Dolphins maybe, but Massie was called for illegal formation twice because White left him uncovered.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
Yeah, I don't remember which game...Dolphins maybe, but Massie was called for illegal formation twice because White left him uncovered.
It's down the line but I want Mitch to recognize this and correct it before snapping the ball. He's got a metric shit ton on his plate right now so I get that it's not in his mental Rolodex yet.

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:
It's down the line but I want Mitch to recognize this and correct it before snapping the ball. He's got a metric shit ton on his plate right now so I get that it's not in his mental Rolodex yet.
Massie should recognize it too. Not that it's his job really but he should know he isn't supposed to be left uncovered on the line.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I've said this all along about White. If there's anything to salvage out of his career with the Bears, just let him be a vertical threat down field and be the "go up and get it" guy. He excelled in this area at West Virginia - I think he just needs to be used in that fashion to make any type of impact. I don't think he'll ever be a great route runner, but he can run the go routes, the stutter and go's, deep posts etc. His value comes with being a receiver on the outside that can play the jump ball and come down with it more often times than not. He's played in 5 games over the last 3 seasons - so he hasn't had the chance to showcase this trait all that much. This year, if Nagy is forced to use him in the passing game, I think he's noticed that White would be most effective if used in this manner.
Never Die Easy
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
UOK wrote:

he's had 2 years not being able to play so should have had more than ample time to get familiar with the playbook and know what he is supposed to do ... so if he is dumb as a rock and can't learn, that is a problem ... and with that in mind if he graduated with a degree, that may have some negative implications regarding his college
To be fair this is the first year in this playbook
Funkster
MVP

“So I think that’s good for Kevin to really get him going. He’s going to be a big part of this offense going forward, so we just need everybody to be on the same page and have that confidence and swag about us.” - Mitch Trubisky.

I’ve said it before, I think White and Wims would help Trubisky a lot. Some of those high over the head passes would have been caught by these dudes, especially that one in the end zone to Miller.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:“So I think that’s good for Kevin to really get him going. He’s going to be a big part of this offense going forward, so we just need everybody to be on the same page and have that confidence and swag about us.” - Mitch Trubisky.

I’ve said it before, I think White and Wims would help Trubisky a lot. Some of those high over the head passes would have been caught by these dudes, especially that one in the end zone to Miller.
Miller couldn't catch that one because of the harness on his shoulder (which Mitch should be aware of), but healthy, Anthony comes down with that ball.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Funkster wrote:“So I think that’s good for Kevin to really get him going. He’s going to be a big part of this offense going forward, so we just need everybody to be on the same page and have that confidence and swag about us.” - Mitch Trubisky.

Miller couldn't catch that one because of the harness on his shoulder (which Mitch should be aware of), but healthy, Anthony comes down with that ball.
I dunno man... that was a shit ball from MT10.

The 3rd down drop by Robinson hit him square in the mitts... WR1 has to catch that.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

I dunno man... that was a shit ball from MT10.

The 3rd down drop by Robinson hit him square in the mitts... WR1 has to catch that.
Adam Thielen has a 75% catch/target ratio this year, which is high. Robinson has caught almost everything thrown at him. He's the least of my worries (except the groin of course).
Middleguard
MVP

Has UOK found his zone? Two weeks in a row at the top.
14 UOK
26 crueltyabc
96 wab / Funkster
98 Knuckles
104 Boris13c
114 Sugashane
152 Middleguard
158 Hamster Wheel
186 Otis Day
242 G08 / Ormazd
296 GSH
312 britbear
326 Z Bear / Mr.Irrelevant
392 The Marshall Plan
662 DaSuperfan
774 AZ_Bearfan
818 HurricaneBear
872 Bearfanuk
882 malk
968 WagonForce
1082 EricTighe

Duplicate predictions:
152 Mikefive
242 BearButtseks
312 Umbali
882 Bears Whiskey Nut
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:Has UOK found his zone? Two weeks in a row at the top.
14 UOK
26 crueltyabc
96 wab / Funkster
98 Knuckles
104 Boris13c
114 Sugashane
152 Middleguard
158 Hamster Wheel
186 Otis Day
242 G08 / Ormazd
296 GSH
312 britbear
326 Z Bear / Mr.Irrelevant
392 The Marshall Plan
662 DaSuperfan
774 AZ_Bearfan
818 HurricaneBear
872 Bearfanuk
882 malk
968 WagonForce
1082 EricTighe

Duplicate predictions:
152 Mikefive
242 BearButtseks
312 Umbali
882 Bears Whiskey Nut
So the higher number is better? Right? 882 Bitches!!!