WEEK 11 // Bears defeat Vikings 25-20

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

LacertineForest
MVP

I'm going Bears 24 - Vikings 22.

Going to come down to the wire, but I think it's time for the Bears to show that they are ready for the big stage. I can't wait to watch.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

I am expecting a defensive slugfest this game. While I think the Vikings are a bit overrated, I still do think they are a good football team. If the Bears aren't playing their best ball, this will be a tough game to win. I think the Bears start hot, hit a rough patch mid game, but manage to hold on to the victory. Very excited it's a night game so Chicago can make a statement on a big stage(and selfishly because I actually get to watch the night games)

Bears win! 17-16
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Honestly, what would you do if we were up 24-10 at halftime? Would you be fearing the collapse, or would you have faith that they would hang on? When they were up 17-0 on the Packers at half, we all knew that we were probably going to lose. If they are up 17-0 on the Vikings, I won't feel that way.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Honestly, what would you do if we were up 24-10 at halftime? Would you be fearing the collapse, or would you have faith that they would hang on? When they were up 17-0 on the Packers at half, we all knew that we were probably going to lose. If they are up 17-0 on the Vikings, I won't feel that way.
Fangio would find a way to make that a nailbiter. Let's make it 35-0 at halftime and I don't get the cops called on me?
G08
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Honestly, what would you do if we were up 24-10 at halftime? Would you be fearing the collapse, or would you have faith that they would hang on? When they were up 17-0 on the Packers at half, we all knew that we were probably going to lose. If they are up 17-0 on the Vikings, I won't feel that way.
Fangio would find a way to make that a nailbiter. Let's make it 35-0 at halftime and I don't get the cops called on me?
Oh boy MoFug...

Yards allowed: 3rd
Yards per game: 4th
Rush yards per game: 2nd
Rush yards per attempt: 1st
Passing yards per attempt: 3rd
Sacks: 5th
QB rating allowed: 1st
3rd down defense: 3rd
Takeaways: 2nd
Points allowed: 4th

I mean come on :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I really don't think the Bears win this one. I worry they are bum slayers. The queen's have a very good defense. I think the Bears will get to Cousins and keep this game exciting. In the end though they lose.

Vikings 24
Bears 17
BR0D1E86
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:I really don't think the Bears win this one. I worry they are bum slayers. The queen's have a very good defense. I think the Bears will get to Cousins and keep this game exciting. In the end though they lose.

Vikings 24
Bears 17
I mean, the Vikings have beaten the Lions, Cardinals, Jets, 49ers and Eagles.

If you conveniently ignore that the Eagles won it all last year and acknowledge that they kind of suck this year so far, the Vikings haven’t beaten anybody either. Their best win is against a sub .500 team.
GSH
MVP

Although playing some weaker teams, Cousins has still been sacked 24 times so far this season.

He'll be running for his life.
GSH
MVP

G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
Oh boy MoFug...

its our offense that sucks in the 4th qtr, not the d
BR0D1E86
MVP

GSH wrote:
G08 wrote:
MoFugger wrote:
Oh boy MoFug...

its our offense that sucks in the 4th qtr, not the d
I don’t have the time at the moment for anything in depth, so you might be right. But we have six touchdowns in the fourth quarter of this year, nine in the third, eleven in the second, and eight in the first.

Given that we’ve had about a third of our games where we were basically running out the clock in the fourth quarter, it seems to not be much of a drop off for us. But again that’s not at all and in-depth look at the stats so I could be wrong
docc
Head Coach

No Need to play the game..!!!!!!
SportsLine's proprietary computer model went 176-80 last season and beat over 95 percent of CBS Sports Office Pool players in 2016 and '17. It also performed better than 98 percent of experts tracked by NFLPickWatch.com during that span. Additionally, it went 48-34 on A-rated picks against the spread last season, and $100 bettors who have followed it the past two seasons are up nearly $4,000.

The model has continued to nail its top-rated picks in 2018, entering Week 11 on a blistering 10-0 run. For the season, it is now 24-9 on all top-rated picks, extending its two-year run to a strong 72-43. And when it comes to all straight-up picks, the model is 98-48 this season, again ranking in the top 15 on NFLPickWatch.com. Anybody who has been following it is way, way up.

So..If Sportsline says we win..uh..

The model has continued to nail its top-rated picks in 2018, entering Week 11 on a blistering 10-0 run. For the season, it is now 24-9 on all top-rated picks, extending its two-year run to a strong 72-43. And when it comes to all straight-up picks, the model is 98-48 this season, again ranking in the top 15 on NFLPickWatch.com. Anybody who has been following it is way, way up.

Now it has examined the latest NFL odds and spreads, simulated every snap 10,000 times, and its Week 11 NFL picks are in.

One of the top Week 11 NFL picks the model loves: the Bears (-2.5) cover at home against the Vikings.

Several trends point strongly toward Chicago in this matchup. The Bears have covered in three straight games, are 4-1 against the spread at home and 5-2 against the spread as favorites. Minnesota is a dismal 28th in the league in rushing, averaging just 91.7 yards.

According to the model, Chicago's second-ranked rush defense holds Minnesota's backs to well under 100 yards as the Bears cover in over 55 percent of simulations. That dominant defensive performance also helps the Under (44.5) hit 55 percent of the time.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY BITCHES!!!

Time to silence the critics!

docc
Head Coach

Time to get this party started..!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I'm watching pregame stuff on the NFL channel this morning.

They don't think much of our receivers, and somehow Thielen and Diggs are the second coming of Moss and Carter. I mean they're good receivers, but I don't think they're any better than ours. Having an effective pass rush, will greatly reduce their effectiveness.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I'm watching pregame stuff on the NFL channel this morning.

They don't think much of our receivers, and somehow Thielen and Diggs are the second coming of Moss and Carter. I mean they're good receivers, but I don't think they're any better than ours. Having an effective pass rush, will greatly reduce their effectiveness.
I can't stand most NFL analysts and broadcasters. I find them to be usually one sided and they leave a lot of things out.

Their receivers aren't close to ours. Sorry. We've got uber depth. Like big fuckin' time. And we have quality. AR15, Miller, Gabriel and Burton. Let's roll.

My man Miller is ready to explode. He's arriving and its gonna be beautiful.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I'm watching pregame stuff on the NFL channel this morning.

I can't stand most NFL analysts and broadcasters. I find them to be usually one sided and they leave a lot of things out.

Their receivers aren't close to ours. Sorry. We've got uber depth. Like big fuckin' time. And we have quality. AR15, Miller, Gabriel and Burton. Let's roll.

My man Miller is ready to explode. He's arriving and its gonna be beautiful.

Dude. Miller is Antonio Brown 2.0. That kid is electric, and runs UNBELIEVABLE routes. He gets separation the second he steps on the field. He is going to be fun to watch, as he gets better, and better, and better.
docc
Head Coach

"xperts" seems divided Bears..some..Quenns others..
who the fuck cares..
It's on the field not in these pukes mouths..
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Getting very excited/nervous....
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Getting very excited/nervous....
Me too. It's gonna be fine. I'm just excited as hell that there's a Bears game on today.

I'm having odd time management issues today. Doing all of my evening shit in the morning, taking a nap mid-day, got the bag of Ruffles and the Diet Dr. Pepper ready.

Ready for AB 2.0 like you said, Anthony Miller, to take the field and kick some ass.

What a draft class so far!?

Roquan
Miller
Nichols

I think Daniels will turn out to be pretty solid too.
Ormazd
MVP

Good week for the Bears so far.

Packers LOSE

Other 6-3 teams (Redskins and Panthers) LOSE

Win tonight and gain a game on all of them!
docc
Head Coach

Spent a really nice day on my Hot Rods.. Down here we let a lot of maintenance go until after summer..so today was beautiful.. 75* blue sky with a couple puffy clouds.. Watched some games in the shop..
Took the Studebaker out..then the Jaguar..
motorcycles next week..

READY FOR A BEARS VICTORY to make it good.. All my other teams sucked dead dog dick..Illini..AZ Wildcats..Bulls..

Gimmie some BEARS !!!!!!!!
G08
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
docc
Head Coach

Game is basically a pick 'em..Bears -2.5 or -3 at some lines..
who gives a dam..

WIN BABY..WIN..
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

Gah. Orange jerseys.
EricTighe
MVP

Bears 31
Viqueens 10
docc
Head Coach

2..^^ I hate Orange Jersey...

Looks like Bronco worn out second hand..

Getting Ready..
Butterfly pork loin stuffed with cornbread Crab n Shrimp..

Superstitious ? who me..
A friend brought me a 6 of Rolling Rock..hadn't had in YEARS..Bears on the streak since...so..
RR and Lime..!
Last edited by docc on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Not a fan of the orange either, looks too CFLish, high schoolish, ugly.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Almost kickoff.... I'M PSYCHED!!!!! :jump:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

Orange is my favorite color, but for whatever reason I just don’t like the jerseys