WEEK 14 // Bears defeat Rams 15-6

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Mitch was rusty for sure and being all hyped up didn’t help. But damn, that was an impressive win. Really impressive.
Certainly on defense.
UOK
Site Admin

Via twitter:

Bears last five touchdowns:

Mitch Trubisky pass to OL Bradley Sowell
RB Tarik Cohen pass to WR Anthony Miller
DL Akiem Hicks 1-yard TD run
Chase Daniel pass to TE Adam Shaheen
S Eddie Jackson pick-six
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Wow. That is pretty freaky.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

So this defense travels. How does this bode for the playoffs. Does this defense win playoff games on the road?
BR0D1E86
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:Mitch was rusty for sure and being all hyped up didn’t help. But damn, that was an impressive win. Really impressive.
Certainly on defense.
And running the ball.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He held up really well. 2nd rounder, he will only get better.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I want to go back and watch. But the replays I saw had Donald locked down cold. Whereas Mack was double and triple teamed, yet he still got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

What a game! Mitch as rusty as hell, and is probably not fully recovered either. James Daniel played his best ball tonight. Howard was strong for us. The D....THE DEFENSE! What a game by them. Amazing. This one felt really good.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I like a lot about tonight's win.

They schemed up a good blocking plan for Donald, Suh didn't worry me so much as he hasn't done much the past couple years.
Defense flat out balled out and showed up for 4 quarters.
Running game showed up.

What I didn't like.

Playcalling, nagy struggles to get a feel for the game when the pass struggles, hopefully this gets better over time.
Trubisky, he was rusty and hyped up, bad combo. He did outplay Goff though but as the season wears on teams will bite on the gimmicks less and less. I would have liked to see more play action vs RPO when the run was so effective.
Cohen dancing at a really bad time to be dancing and losing yardage. When your qb is struggling but you are running well you cannot afford to get in bad down and distance series in the end of the game when it's close. Sometimes you need to take a 1 yard gain.

Overall, another growth game. Defense stepped up, running game was better and hopefully trubisky shakes off the rust to get back on track.
docc
Head Coach

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..!!! 12/9/1942
Your gift is Monsters are Back..
Last edited by docc on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Goff played poorly as a result of the D kicking his ass. Trubs was just off, off, off.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

One thing I did like were the draw plays Nagy ran. The problem was he ran them with Cohen, who dances too much for a draw play. You gotta get the first 5-7 yards in a hurry, or the defense can slam the door shut. On both of those calls, there were huge yards to be gained, but Cohen tried to get cute.

For another week in a row, Howard looked really good so happy to see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I was impressed with how Howard got going overall tonight. I was not impressed that Nagy kept going away from him in the mid-4th quarter. FEED HIM THE BALL TO CLOSE OUT THE GAME.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Nagy channeling his inner Wannstedt when talking injury. "Callahan has a left foot."

Game ball to the fans.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:I was impressed with how Howard got going overall tonight. I was not impressed that Nagy kept going away from him in the mid-4th quarter. FEED HIM THE BALL TO CLOSE OUT THE GAME.
Agreed, but I think it's part of Nagy's learning curve as well. He went away, but not totally away like he has in other games.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

It's a beautiful morning guys. We shut down one of the most electric offenses in the NFL which just so happened to be the #1 seed in our conference. The constant ballyhoo of how great the Rams are and we make them eat shit. ZOMG Sean McVay ZOMG Sean McVay. Yeah yeah. Goff throws 4 picks.

Our QB played horribly with a 33.3 rating. The defense....holy shit are they something to watch.

Next up is (Fuck The) Packers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401030817

I almost forgot, we got a safety on The Super Team with the electric offense and threw a TD pass to a lineman. If the game had to be a nail biter, I got what I wanted.

Bear Down.

Be You.

Enjoy the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqjlFGZxtE
EricTighe
MVP

New plan for Trubisky.
First read not there then run!
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

What a crazy and absurd game. That's a high scoring MLB game, not 2018 NFL. The idea that Goff doesn't play well in cold weather is 100% true. Didn't play well in Den, didn't play well in Det last week(and that was at least in a dome) and had his worst game of his career yesterday; although the def had a lot to do with that also.

Gurley on the other hand has no such excuse, he was absolutely obliterated, not just shut down, he was torn down; and that is really the key to shutting down LA. If the Bears find themselves in the playoffs in LA next month, the results will be silimar if they can do that to Gulrey again. Collinsworth(and I so terribly dislike him) said he wondered what would happen if a team was able to shut down Gurley what would happen to the rest of the O...and we got to see it. The entire O shuts down.

Trubs, terribly rusty I hope. That had to be rust and nerves for a big game, he needs to not have another game like that, ever. Luckily it didn't stop the Bears from running wild on that Def, which is more name then performance. You would think a front like Suh/Donald/Folwer would be better against the rush but they are terrible. I think the Bears rush would play just well in LA also.
EricTighe
MVP

Fowler is a punk ass bitch.

the Bitch is dirty and talks crap all game. Love it when he sparked a fire under Cohen by hitting him and forgetting about the play.

Also, love when Fowler talked crap to Trubisky only to have Big Daddy Hicks come in and make the bitch run away like the bitch he is.

I apologize for the profanity but I don't like him if you can't tell.
UOK
Site Admin

The fans/city of Chicago got the game ball, and Vic Fangio gets to break it down!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G08
Hall of Famer

What a game. This defense is ELITE, fellas. Not to be a debbie downer, but where the fuck was this defense against the Giants??

Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this was without a doubt my favorite win of the year so far

national tv prime time game against the team with the best record and the Bears defense simply manhandles them all night long

the offense didn't do extremely well, but I attribute that at least in part to the Rams defense having something to say about it ... but the Rams defense did not cause Trubs to throw high and wide to open receivers while not under duress ... I was happy hear him take responsibility ... he didn't blame the cold, said his shoulder was fine, but he was just off and he will sit down with Coach Nagy and figure out how to learn from the errors

but that defense ... damn ... it was like a throwback to 1985
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Goff looked way worse than Mitch out there so it wasn't just Mitch. Both are young QBs and how can you expect Mitch to come back looking great after 2 weeks off. It isn't like he's in his 10th year in the league he still hasn't settled down yet. I just find it funny that most Chicago fans will bitch about Mitch when the NFL darling Goff played equally if not worse and nothing's said about that.

I expected Mitch to be raw last night so I picked them to lose because of it... the D just played lights out and kept them in the game. The one TD that Mitch threw had 3 guys around the WR (who was a OLman) and Mitch droped it right in a 3 foot circle of defenders hands. He did enough to win when Goff did everything he could to make the Rams loose, thew 4 picks, most of his passes skipped off the turf.. But, Mitch gets all the scrutinly LOL. This is the SAME Goff that everyone in the NFL has been rubbing it off to all damn year.

One criticizm I can say of Mitch (at this point in his career) is he needs to work on some touch with his passes. He's relying way too much on his arm strength (most young QBs do this) and needs to slow down the velocity especially in the cold to make it easier on his WRs. Especially on a night like last night when there wasn't much wind.

Was a great game and the NFL now knows the Bears are back for real. They beat the best team in the league without a good performance by the offense. If both are playing at the same level then they can beat anyone in the league any Sunday. This was the biggest game since the 80s for me personally as a fan. Even more so than the last superbowl they were in. This team is built for success and they just took the first step that hopefully starts consistant winning for a long time to come. Not just a fluke this is for real. Buckle up because this just got real.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
wab
Mod

wab wrote:I want the Bears to win this one so bad. And I know that I said I think the Bears win out in another thread...but that's not the prediction thread.

I think this is going to be similar to the Cowboys/Saints game. A weird low(ish) scoring affair.

Rams 19
Bears 13
I was sort of right, and happy to be wrong.
LacertineForest
MVP

What can I say that hasn't already been said? The defensive performance was downright menacing. A true joy to watch. The offense...not so much, but most of that was on Mitch. It's a great thing when your team still beats one of the best in the league while the quarterback pretty much shits the bed. Looking forward to a big rebound game from him against the Packers next week.

Until then, I'm really enjoying everything about this team right now - they're so much fun to watch, and for the first time in what seems like forever, they look destined for the playoffs.
ZiggyXT
Practice Squad

Best thing about that game for me was looking at my buddy after the game was over and saying " Wow, that game wasn't even as close as the score looked." They completely bullied what a lot of talking heads called the best team in the league and it was spectacular to watch lol.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Not that Power Rankings mean anything. But 4 of 7 teams ahead of the Bears lost yesterday. Rams, Pats, Steelers and Texans. It's possible the Bears end up in the top 5. Not bad for starting out in the mid-20's to start the season.

Dammit this team is fun to watch. As much fun as this team is. I keep thinking about next year, and what Nagy is going to draw up after a year with all of his pieces.
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:What a game. This defense is ELITE, fellas. Not to be a debbie downer, but where the fuck was this defense against the Giants??

Trubisky: what the hell is going on with this kid? The first sailed ball, to me, looked like he didn't bring his hip with him on his follow through. The other sailed INT it looked like he did, so I have no idea what happened. I truly think it's something mechanical.

We’ll have to wait as see what’s going on with TRU. I don’t think this game is any indication of him regressing. This is what I believe happened last night, his shoulder is still a bit tight and he slightly changed his throwing motion to compensate. You’re correct about his hip follow but it’s rooting from his lead foot. Put both of those together and you’re going to be off target and have some sailers. At least we got a more in depth injury update. Partial dislocation with major swelling and stiffness.

The bears offense will have to get back into their pre Trubisky injury form and rhythm if they want to have a deep playoff run. Which I’ve been saying all along, they can. They can and will compete with the best teams in this league. The only thing that sets top teams apart is execution and limiting mistakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Funkster on Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve