Excited Delirium Over Fields

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

Mitch said in his first presser with Buffalo that he wanted a place where he’d have a chance to compete for a job, but no one wanted him and it was surprising to him that it went down that way. He took less than Chase Daniel money to play a pure backup role - there’s no sugar coating it. The league spoke. Maybe their all wrong but at this point they’ve spoken loud and clear.
IE
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm Mitch said in his first presser with Buffalo that he wanted a place where he’d have a chance to compete for a job, but no one wanted him and it was surprising to him that it went down that way. He took less than Chase Daniel money to play a pure backup role - there’s no sugar coating it. The league spoke. Maybe their all wrong but at this point they’ve spoken loud and clear.
The league and my eyes.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
G08
Hall of Famer

Sure has. At least they aren't re-arguing how 4/10 of a second is a long period of time :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

G08
Hall of Famer

dplank wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm Mitch said in his first presser with Buffalo that he wanted a place where he’d have a chance to compete for a job, but no one wanted him and it was surprising to him that it went down that way. He took less than Chase Daniel money to play a pure backup role - there’s no sugar coating it. The league spoke. Maybe their all wrong but at this point they’ve spoken loud and clear.
Said this in another thread, but I'll take bets that Trubisky will make more than $2.5M per season the next contract he signs.

Then again, Marcus Mariota just signed a 1-year $1.75M guaranteed deal...

dplank
Hall of Famer

Thought this was pretty smart

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 am
G08 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am
I don't give a shit about yards, honestly. Scoring/points are the only thing that matters.
From a "That's What Determines Who Wins" perspective, sure.
But from an "Evaluating How Good Your Offensive Side of the Ball Is" perspective, absolutely not.
Why wouldn't points matter there?
RichH55
Hall of Famer

There is an element of going to a place that can help you get the next job though.

Jameson took less to be in New Orleans - to work with Sean.

I don't think it's unfair to say - Mitch saw Buffalo's success with Josh Allen (not the worst comp for what high end Mitch "could" be) and once there was no starter job (or at least chance to compete) he took less money to get in a better situation.

Whereas with Chase - anything that keeps him off the field is good for his career - Be a great guy in the Locker room/Film room - cheer real good for the Starter - because you can make a lot of money that way - If he gets on the field he gets exposed
IE
Hall of Famer

Winston is a terrific QB if he can make some better decisions. He really can do it all. His personality or maturity for the purposes of this discussion is irrelevant. Daniel is a competent QB with physical limitations (now age) on what he can really do as more than a spot starter. Mitch is a terrific athlete who simply can't be a starting QB at at NFL level because of limitations in his head. The game just doesn't come naturally to him.

Buffalo didn't have to work on Allen to be a natural QB. They didn't work on his spatial awareness and anticipation and touch. They reworked some of his mechanics and did stuff that he can learn and improve through repetition (and did). They didn't teach him to not be a deer in the headlights during games, because that seems virtually unfixable by coaching. That is the problem with Mitch, and the Bills can't fix that. It seems pretty clear IF Mitch was fixable in terms of mechanics, he would have been fixed already. Reports out of Buffalo are that he's showing well in training camp. Which is exactly what we experienced, and should expect. Buffalo is in good shape in that they have no reason to buy into Mitch being a starter.

Mitch can do enough as a spot starter (in that way similar to Daniel) where his coach can game-plan around his deficiencies (like Nagy did in most of 2018 - maybe the Bills should sign Sowell). So he should be able to have a good career bouncing from team to team and making $3-5MM for a while. He'll be replaced over & over again by less expensive draft picks and FA but there should always be some situational landing place for him on a team with a solid starter. He'll probably play a little looser and better as a backup with lower expectations than he did as a starter. Again - that's because it is in his head not his mechanics.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

RichH55 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:32 pm
There is an element of going to a place that can help you get the next job though.

Jameson took less to be in New Orleans - to work with Sean.

I don't think it's unfair to say - Mitch saw Buffalo's success with Josh Allen (not the worst comp for what high end Mitch "could" be) and once there was no starter job (or at least chance to compete) he took less money to get in a better situation.

Whereas with Chase - anything that keeps him off the field is good for his career - Be a great guy in the Locker room/Film room - cheer real good for the Starter - because you can make a lot of money that way - If he gets on the field he gets exposed
If Mitch wants to go to a place to train him for his next job he should apply at either Walmart or an Amazon warehouse.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:58 pm Winston is a terrific QB if he can make some better decisions. He really can do it all. His personality or maturity for the purposes of this discussion is irrelevant. Daniel is a competent QB with physical limitations (now age) on what he can really do as more than a spot starter. Mitch is a terrific athlete who simply can't be a starting QB at at NFL level because of limitations in his head. The game just doesn't come naturally to him.

Buffalo didn't have to work on Allen to be a natural QB. They didn't work on his spatial awareness and anticipation and touch. They reworked some of his mechanics and did stuff that he can learn and improve through repetition (and did). They didn't teach him to not be a deer in the headlights during games, because that seems virtually unfixable by coaching. That is the problem with Mitch, and the Bills can't fix that. It seems pretty clear IF Mitch was fixable in terms of mechanics, he would have been fixed already. Reports out of Buffalo are that he's showing well in training camp. Which is exactly what we experienced, and should expect. Buffalo is in good shape in that they have no reason to buy into Mitch being a starter.

Mitch can do enough as a spot starter (in that way similar to Daniel) where his coach can game-plan around his deficiencies (like Nagy did in most of 2018 - maybe the Bills should sign Sowell). So he should be able to have a good career bouncing from team to team and making $3-5MM for a while. He'll be replaced over & over again by less expensive draft picks and FA but there should always be some situational landing place for him on a team with a solid starter. He'll probably play a little looser and better as a backup with lower expectations than he did as a starter. Again - that's because it is in his head not his mechanics.
I said something similar in the thread about Mitch going to Buffalo that I'm going to say now.

Mitch as a human being is probably a great guy. There was never anything about him where I was like oh wow that guy is an asshole.

His wife is totally hot. He's still got another decade as a backup QB making $3-$5M per year like you said. With him driving that Camry years ago he's probably smart with money.

The dude is going to retire with like $50M or something. A hot wife. Hopefully a ton of kids if that's what they choose. And since he's going to be responsible for making sure the Surface tablet on the sidelines is connected to the WiFi, has the latest version of Windows, and has the right videos or photos up for the starter, he's going to have a great life.

When he's 50 he's going to remember his own name. He'll be able to walk around Disney World with his grandkids. He'll be able to do anything he wants in good health.

That's not a bad existence at all.

It's just that he fucking sucks as a starting NFL QB.
docc
Head Coach

..pretty much same take I have on this.. Mitch will have generational wealth and a great life..
IE
Hall of Famer

I couldn't be happier for him. And now that he's on the right vector in his career, and off the one that was causing us pain... it's a Win : Win. Goodness.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure Mitch won't improve at processing information. Sitting on the bench as the backup when you don't think you should be that certainly isn't fun. Doing time watching a good pro QB along with gameplanning as the backup MIGHT help him get better at processing information. It's not a certainty by any means. But when you're a really hard worker like he is, the doors are always open.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
dplank
Hall of Famer

Good kid and wish him well, really, but he’s no longer a Bear so I’m movin on.
IE
Hall of Famer

Back on JF1... don't know if any of you all follow him on social media but I'm enjoying it. He's clearly immersing himself in Chicago and stepping right into the shoes of a role model. Kid is dripping with leadership and poise - just really natural and totally fit for the stage. I don't know if the stuff they're doing is organized by the team or something, but you can see his fellow draftees really admire him. They were out on rush street having dinner outside in the last few days and must be really enjoying the city. Can you imagine... Jenkins said he had never really seen skyscrapers in person. It must be like being on a different planet to a kid like that.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:18 am Back on JF1... don't know if any of you all follow him on social media but I'm enjoying it. He's clearly immersing himself in Chicago and stepping right into the shoes of a role model. Kid is dripping with leadership and poise - just really natural and totally fit for the stage. I don't know if the stuff they're doing is organized by the team or something, but you can see his fellow draftees really admire him. They were out on rush street having dinner outside in the last few days and must be really enjoying the city. Can you imagine... Jenkins said he had never really seen skyscrapers in person. It must be like being on a different planet to a kid like that.
When Fields hits the level that we all know he's capable of hitting, he's going to own this town lock, stock and barrel.

He will be the biggest star in this city and the biggest one since Jordan. Bigger than anybody on the Hawks or Cubs. It will be his town.

It's just a shame the guy is in Chicago and he's a vegetarian. Like dude, just try a beef sandwich. It's my understanding he's a vegetarian as a choice for healthy eating and not for personal belief reasons so maybe there's some room to maneuver there.

But I get the vegetarian thing. My kid is a vegetarian because of personal beliefs and it makes my job as a parent so much easier.
dplank
Hall of Famer

I don’t eat pork because of the inhumane treatment of pigs in this country. If you won’t I don’t really miss it, even bacon. That said, I have my exceptions where I just say screw it. Ginos East sausage patty deep dish is one of those exceptions. So maybe the kid will try it!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

As much as I love food, (I was higher up in my local chapter of the Meatitarian Society), if I could generate the kind of wealth that an NFL QB is capable of, I too would follow the Tom Brady food plan of eating chemistry based food like George Jetson.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:06 am
IE wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:18 am Back on JF1... don't know if any of you all follow him on social media but I'm enjoying it. He's clearly immersing himself in Chicago and stepping right into the shoes of a role model. Kid is dripping with leadership and poise - just really natural and totally fit for the stage. I don't know if the stuff they're doing is organized by the team or something, but you can see his fellow draftees really admire him. They were out on rush street having dinner outside in the last few days and must be really enjoying the city. Can you imagine... Jenkins said he had never really seen skyscrapers in person. It must be like being on a different planet to a kid like that.
When Fields hits the level that we all know he's capable of hitting, he's going to own this town lock, stock and barrel.

He will be the biggest star in this city and the biggest one since Jordan. Bigger than anybody on the Hawks or Cubs. It will be his town.
No doubt about this in my mind. If he reaches anywhere close to his unlimited potential, he could be the mayor of Chicago one day if he wants.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Artbest
Player of the Month

Imo, Mitch likely settled for Buffalo because of Brian Daboll - but I doubt this was a preferred destination. He’s going to get limited reps behind a younger, far more physically talented and mentally tougher QB. There’s only so much he’s going to pick up there other than the peace of mind that comes from being out of the spotlight.

He likely wanted to go to Denver - thinking that he would have a shot at competing for a starting job. That Vic Fangio and George Paton passed on him is very telling.

The leagues statement on Mitch’s limitations was never louder than how it appeared to view Sam Darnold - whose numbers are far worse than Mitch’s - versus how they summed up the bears erstwhile former QB1. Darnold is still coveted as a developmental player. Mitch is effectively in the Blaine Gabbert wing of nfl QBs
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

On the vegetarian thing, everyone has to decide what works for them. I've done a lot of diet research myself and what is amazing is how AWFUL the diet "recommended" by various organizations including the FDA, American Heart Association and others, most easily recognizable as the "food pyramid" is. Just about any "diet" is better than that, because digging deep finds the low fat high carb basis for the food pyramid has outrageous vested interest biased involvement of big food and big pharma. That advice makes big bucks for them in large part by keeping us hungry all the time and making us unhealthy. Further, the cholesterol/heart disease hypothesis is based on science that is so weak, it should be dismissed entirely as strong science simply doesn't support it. Whenever anyone--including doctors very commonly--give nutritional or cholesterol related advice, ask them for the scientific basis for that advice and you might be very surprised.

Frankly, diets are seemingly like religions because it's really difficult to see what's actually going on when you put stuff into your body. So decisions are largely based on belief. Here's what my research AND ACTION has revealed in my personal N=1 study...
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day... You should eat smaller meals several times a day... NOT and NOT.
In May 2020, I started skipping breakfast and snacks and decreasing my intake of carbs and processed food. The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't getting very hungry. I lost about 20# in 2 months and then stalled. So I started skipping breakfast AND lunch every day. Hunger wasn't a significant issue for me once I was eating better. By October, I had lost 45# and transitioned to eating keto (substituting fat for carbs), but went back to eating lunch. I continue to weigh under 145#, maintaining my October 2020 weight. Never in the process did I change my activity level.
2. My doc was quite opposed to the dietary changes I was making. After seeing the outcome of physical observations, improvement in my labs and studies I've sent to him, he is now doing what I'm doing. As a type 1 diabetic, my insulin use has cut in half and my A1C has dropped from 6.7 to 5.6. I've lost 4" off my waist.
3. What I try to do is eat stuff that looks like food, avoiding stuff that comes out of a box and higher carb stuff like bread, potatoes, corn, rice, etc. And certainly no fruit juice, potato chips, Doritos or sweets, all of which I love.

If anyone has questions or criticisms of what I'm doing, please PM me and I'll be glad to discuss it with anyone.

Regarding Fields and his meat free diet, as long as he's ensuring that he's getting all the nutrients he needs, science shows that it's a much better diet than the SAD (Standard American Diet). However, the science I'm seeing says that adding animal products is healthier. But everyone has to decide what works best for them. So good on him to be focused to the point of tailoring what he eats as a method to being successful. It's a mature move on his part. :thumbsup:

IE
Hall of Famer

Mitch ban-hammer. We're all guilty, but enough. The kid is gone. Whether he completely sucks (he does) or he doesn't - it doesn't matter. He gone.

Good luck to him and his future wealth, and good luck to whoever signs him and maybe he'll get a Dilfer or Johnson ring someday. And who cares because everyone knows they sucked and were just lucky.

Wecome, JF1 - the future Mayor of Chicago.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Artbest wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:53 am Imo, Mitch likely settled for Buffalo because of Brian Daboll - but I doubt this was a preferred destination. He’s going to get limited reps behind a younger, far more physically talented and mentally tougher QB. There’s only so much he’s going to pick up there other than the peace of mind that comes from being out of the spotlight.

He likely wanted to go to Denver - thinking that he would have a shot at competing for a starting job. That Vic Fangio and George Paton passed on him is very telling.

The leagues statement on Mitch’s limitations was never louder than how it appeared to view Sam Darnold - whose numbers are far worse than Mitch’s - versus how they summed up the bears erstwhile former QB1. Darnold is still coveted as a developmental player. Mitch is effectively in the Blaine Gabbert wing of nfl QBs
They also passed on Fields......
wiNDycityfan
Pro Bowler

It’s late June and I still have a boner
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:44 pm On the vegetarian thing, everyone has to decide what works for them. I've done a lot of diet research myself and what is amazing is how AWFUL the diet "recommended" by various organizations including the FDA, American Heart Association and others, most easily recognizable as the "food pyramid" is. Just about any "diet" is better than that, because digging deep finds the low fat high carb basis for the food pyramid has outrageous vested interest biased involvement of big food and big pharma. That advice makes big bucks for them in large part by keeping us hungry all the time and making us unhealthy. Further, the cholesterol/heart disease hypothesis is based on science that is so weak, it should be dismissed entirely as strong science simply doesn't support it. Whenever anyone--including doctors very commonly--give nutritional or cholesterol related advice, ask them for the scientific basis for that advice and you might be very surprised.

Frankly, diets are seemingly like religions because it's really difficult to see what's actually going on when you put stuff into your body. So decisions are largely based on belief. Here's what my research AND ACTION has revealed in my personal N=1 study...
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day... You should eat smaller meals several times a day... NOT and NOT.
In May 2020, I started skipping breakfast and snacks and decreasing my intake of carbs and processed food. The first thing I noticed was that I wasn't getting very hungry. I lost about 20# in 2 months and then stalled. So I started skipping breakfast AND lunch every day. Hunger wasn't a significant issue for me once I was eating better. By October, I had lost 45# and transitioned to eating keto (substituting fat for carbs), but went back to eating lunch. I continue to weigh under 145#, maintaining my October 2020 weight. Never in the process did I change my activity level.
2. My doc was quite opposed to the dietary changes I was making. After seeing the outcome of physical observations, improvement in my labs and studies I've sent to him, he is now doing what I'm doing. As a type 1 diabetic, my insulin use has cut in half and my A1C has dropped from 6.7 to 5.6. I've lost 4" off my waist.
3. What I try to do is eat stuff that looks like food, avoiding stuff that comes out of a box and higher carb stuff like bread, potatoes, corn, rice, etc. And certainly no fruit juice, potato chips, Doritos or sweets, all of which I love.

If anyone has questions or criticisms of what I'm doing, please PM me and I'll be glad to discuss it with anyone.

Regarding Fields and his meat free diet, as long as he's ensuring that he's getting all the nutrients he needs, science shows that it's a much better diet than the SAD (Standard American Diet). However, the science I'm seeing says that adding animal products is healthier. But everyone has to decide what works best for them. So good on him to be focused to the point of tailoring what he eats as a method to being successful. It's a mature move on his part. :thumbsup:
So in my immediate family, I have my kid the vegetarian, and then I have a person in my family who is a recreational power lifter (multiple record holder in the state with a national record for the age and weight class, there are a bunch of federations where one could hold a record) that consume massive amounts of protein and balance things like carbs, fats and protein.

Anyway....

I don't see how Fields' veganism is going to be an issue. It could actually have benefits because he will be leaner and more flexible. If he were a lineman yeah I could see the concern. Fields is a dual threat QB where being lean and nimble is a huge plus. Vegans can get protein from all kinds of places so that's a bogus issue.

I am not a dietician or a doctor of any kind so I am unqualified to give advice. In my personal case, I got into blending fruits and vegetables big time like 10 years ago. I can't remember the last time I was meaningfully sick. My kid the vegetarian never gets sick.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

Both of my daughters have been vegetarians in one form or another--from vegan to raw vegan to lacto-vegetarian to Pescatarian to no red meat and everything in between. It made it for quite a chore at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter as I'd have to basically cook two separate meals. For the past thirty years or so.

If Fields is going Vegetarian for health reasons, I'm sure he has a nutritionist so there's no real concern there. But with my girls, at times they weren't so studious with it and suffered from mild bouts of anemia. I know you really have to watch that you get enough Vitamin D and B12. Strange how they always used to preach that Rice and Beans makes a complete protein, and now those are foods I guess we're supposed to avoid.

Personally, in my sixties now, I eat what I like, but also what my body enjoys. I have problem with a lot of fast foods because they pretty much make me sick. Used to like KFC, but now I can't even look at it. I get nauseous and thirsty just seeing it. I have problems with a lot of authentic Mexican food because of the lard they use. Just sits in my stomach. So must of my Mexican Food I just cook at home without lard. If I want to be really nice to my body, I eat a ton of broccoli. I mean like a whole big plate full. My digestive system loves that. I went to Mashed Cauliflower over Mashed Potatoes a few years ago. Now I much prefer it. Add some ranch seasoning, some butter, some Reggiano. Yum. Also have gone to Zoodles over Pasta. Pasta is another one of those foods that makes me feel sick and bloated after eating it. Why put myself through that? I still pretty much eat any meat though.

But if it was me, and if I was to choose a diet SOLELY for nutrition purposes, I'd chose Pescatarian. Seems like fish with fresh fruits and vegetables is the most nutritious way to go. I know when I make my oil/vinegar based tuna salad with lettuce, avacado, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes (eat this a lot), I get a huge burst of energy. I also really love Sushi, but I try to limit my rice intake, eating more Sashimi than the rolls. I also really like the Spicy Tuna or salmon Handroll, no rice, extra cucumber and avocado and sprouts. Again yum. At home, I like to take Cold Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Marinated cucumbers (made by me ;)), real thinly sliced red onion, and capers, squeeze lemon over, and wrap it up in a sheet of seaweed for breakfast. Again, yum. High energy too.

I have to agree with MikeFive too. I've always heard that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and to eat a bunch of small meals all day long. What a load of crap. Maybe that's good for some people, but for me, fasting has a lot of benefits to it. If I'm not getting a lot physical activity that day, I try to limit my meals to one a day. If I have a big physical day though, I have to eat breakfast. No cereal though. If I eat cereal and don't eat again in an hour, I'll pass out. Give me the Smoke Salmon wrap I was talking about.

But I do think that diet is extremely subjective. Some people can handle the high starches like pasta. I can't. Some can handle KFC. I say "ick." Some can handle lard. Not me. And if I really want to have my digestive system fall in love with me, I eat a bunch of broccoli. Others, like me ex, it only gives them really bad gas. lol

Oh, and I drink a shit ton of water everyday. Seldom do I not have a huge water glass or bottle in my hands.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Food conversations go somewhere else guys. I am not a mod, but too many threads are getting hijacked by B.S lately. It is a thread about Fields, not pork or vegetarians.

Do peeps have ADHD or what?
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Yogi da Bear wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:16 am Both of my daughters have been vegetarians in one form or another--from vegan to raw vegan to lacto-vegetarian to Pescatarian to no red meat and everything in between. It made it for quite a chore at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter as I'd have to basically cook two separate meals. For the past thirty years or so.

If Fields is going Vegetarian for health reasons, I'm sure he has a nutritionist so there's no real concern there. But with my girls, at times they weren't so studious with it and suffered from mild bouts of anemia. I know you really have to watch that you get enough Vitamin D and B12. Strange how they always used to preach that Rice and Beans makes a complete protein, and now those are foods I guess we're supposed to avoid.

Personally, in my sixties now, I eat what I like, but also what my body enjoys. I have problem with a lot of fast foods because they pretty much make me sick. Used to like KFC, but now I can't even look at it. I get nauseous and thirsty just seeing it. I have problems with a lot of authentic Mexican food because of the lard they use. Just sits in my stomach. So must of my Mexican Food I just cook at home without lard. If I want to be really nice to my body, I eat a ton of broccoli. I mean like a whole big plate full. My digestive system loves that. I went to Mashed Cauliflower over Mashed Potatoes a few years ago. Now I much prefer it. Add some ranch seasoning, some butter, some Reggiano. Yum. Also have gone to Zoodles over Pasta. Pasta is another one of those foods that makes me feel sick and bloated after eating it. Why put myself through that? I still pretty much eat any meat though.

But if it was me, and if I was to choose a diet SOLELY for nutrition purposes, I'd chose Pescatarian. Seems like fish with fresh fruits and vegetables is the most nutritious way to go. I know when I make my oil/vinegar based tuna salad with lettuce, avacado, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes (eat this a lot), I get a huge burst of energy. I also really love Sushi, but I try to limit my rice intake, eating more Sashimi than the rolls. I also really like the Spicy Tuna or salmon Handroll, no rice, extra cucumber and avocado and sprouts. Again yum. At home, I like to take Cold Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, Marinated cucumbers (made by me ;)), real thinly sliced red onion, and capers, squeeze lemon over, and wrap it up in a sheet of seaweed for breakfast. Again, yum. High energy too.

I have to agree with MikeFive too. I've always heard that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and to eat a bunch of small meals all day long. What a load of crap. Maybe that's good for some people, but for me, fasting has a lot of benefits to it. If I'm not getting a lot physical activity that day, I try to limit my meals to one a day. If I have a big physical day though, I have to eat breakfast. No cereal though. If I eat cereal and don't eat again in an hour, I'll pass out. Give me the Smoke Salmon wrap I was talking about.

But I do think that diet is extremely subjective. Some people can handle the high starches like pasta. I can't. Some can handle KFC. I say "ick." Some can handle lard. Not me. And if I really want to have my digestive system fall in love with me, I eat a bunch of broccoli. Others, like me ex, it only gives them really bad gas. lol

Oh, and I drink a shit ton of water everyday. Seldom do I not have a huge water glass or bottle in my hands.
Evidence is starting to come out that seed oils, commonly referred to as "vegetable oil", corn oil, canola oil, soybean oil, etc., are really bad for you. That may be a factor in your fast food issues. I stick with butter (see what I did there? lol), bacon fat (which I save and refrigerate) or olive oil.

One academic on this subject I've been listening to lately said, "Don't graze unless you're a cow or want to be built like one." :evilgrin:

Point taken about this thread veering off the topic. But it's the offseason and it's an information wasteland. I'll follow UOK or wab's lead here.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Back on topic... I had a dream the other day that we finished 10-7 and made the playoffs behind Andy Dalton. In the 2nd quarter of the playoff game, we're behind and Dalton gets injured. Fields comes in and throws a Trubisky-esque 3-4 bad balls, getting picked once. But outside of that, he unleashed some dazzling rockets without much scrambling, leading us to our first playoff win in 10+ years.

I could live with that. :welcome: