2021 Conference Championships Predictions

For all non-Bears happenings in the National Football League

Moderator: wab

spudbear
MVP

It's down to the finals to see who gets to play in the Superbowl. The Niners and Bengals seem to be the cinderella stories this season, while the Rams and Chiefs were top picks to make it. Will there be a glass slipper fit on Sunday?

AFC: Bengals at Chiefs

Chiefs just seem to have too much momentum to be upset, while the Bengals have had to go through two difficult games winning at the end of each. Both teams have good balance between offense and defense, playmakers on offense and good but not great pass rushers. Feels like an upset is brewing.

CIN - 25
KC - 24

NFC: Niners at Rams

Niners have had more luck than any other team in the playoffs. Then again, you can make your own luck. I just don't see Jimmy G leading SF to another SB. The combo of Miller-Donald-Floyd will be too much to handle.

LAR - 31
SF - 20
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

AFC:

Cincinnati is just so fun to watch. The problem is that they're going into Arrowhead to play against Mahomes.

Burrow and Chase connect a couple times. Once during garbage time. Mahomes and that offense are too much. The game is not as close as the score indicates.

KC - 34
CIN - 21

NFC:

The Rams earned the right to win the whole thing by going into Tampa Bay and beating The GOAT when The GOAT did everything he could to beat them and almost did it.

SF won't be able to handle this at all.

Rams - 27
SF - 17
Ditka’s dictaphone
Head Coach

I’d love to see a Bengals v 49ers re-run from 1989 back in the good old days.
(26/09/2023) Winner of the inaugural

dave99
Assistant Coach

The Bengals are a fun team to watch and root for (would we could say that about the Bears).
But I don't think they are getting past KC.
I think the Chiefs cover the 7, the over is 54.5 so..
KC 34-21

SF/LA is pretty much a toss up (LA -3.5, the over is 45.5)
LA matches up pretty well with SF and has a far superior QB.
LA 24-14
The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
~Knute Rockne
IE
Hall of Famer

Chiefs in another shootout over Bengal. Wow two great QBs.

Rams over Niner. Niner served their purpose last weekend. Stafford advanced to the big game, as they envisioned when they hired him and the all-star defense (which is going to step up even more now).
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
LacertineForest
MVP

My gut tells me that both the Chiefs and Rams will win handily, but I wouldn't mind seeing Stafford flop again and Burrow take his team to the promised land so early in his carrer.
IE
Hall of Famer

One thing that sort of concerns me about the Chiefs is CEH. I don't think he's as good as his reputation. OTOH McKinnon has been sort of lighting it up. I hope they give McK a decent load in the game I just think it would be wise.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Ditka’s dictaphone wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:56 am I’d love to see a Bengals v 49ers re-run from 1989 back in the good old days.
If they happen to meet, this will be the 3rd time they play in the superbowl
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Umbali
MVP

So I live with my inlaws and my father in law is a SF fan. But he only knows like 4 players. I have ALWAYS hated SF going back to the losses we had to them in 80s. Now that i live with them cus of their health issues...he tries to support the BEARS...but I still hate those fuckers. I hate them right behind the Packer and Vikings..

I want the the Rams to win.

That being said.. I dont care for the Chiefs. I want the Bengals who have had a shitty history for years and years to pull the upset.

So...

Rams 31
SF 17

Bengals 34
Cheifs 31
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
spudbear
MVP

Another two great games to watch. Who could have predicted that? At first I thought the Cincy game was going to be a snoozer, but Cincy hung in, got a few breaks and the Chiefs choked it down the stretch. Who would have predicted that? I predicted that Donald-Miller-Floyd would win the game for the Rams. They were quiet for most of the game but came through at the end.

Four of us made predictions for the games. I devised a point system where predicting the winning team would get 5 pts, hitting the spread exactly would get 5 pts with a sliding scale for being a little off, and getting the point total right would be 5 points with a sliding scale as well. I (Spud) humbly came out on top with 16 points, while Umbali was close behind with 15 points. He hit the spread just right but got the total points off. TMP and Dave99 each came in with 6 points, where they predicted KC to win. Nobody predicted a Niners win.

Onto SoFi and all of the celebrities acting like football fans. Nice to see the hoards unmasked in the stands.
San Francisco has always been my favorite booing city. I don't mean the people boo louder or longer, but there is a very special intimacy. Music, that's what it is to me. One time in Kezar Stadium they gave me a standing boo.

George Halas
IE
Hall of Famer

I really like Joey Burrow. It seems like the game is very slow to him. AFC is stacked with QBs.

No question I'm rooting for Stafford in the Superbowl. He's a good dude and IMO deserves it after his long purgatory in the D.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:26 am No question I'm rooting for Stafford in the Superbowl. He's a good dude and IMO deserves it after his long purgatory in the D.
Don't have any feel for him personally, but, yeah, I sure agree he paid a LOT of dues, being underappreciated, in Detroit.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
IE
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 pm
IE wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:26 am No question I'm rooting for Stafford in the Superbowl. He's a good dude and IMO deserves it after his long purgatory in the D.
Don't have any feel for him personally, but, yeah, I sure agree he paid a LOT of dues, being underappreciated, in Detroit.
I've been living in the area for 25 years now and have witnessed the fan grief. Most Lions fans I know are rooting hard for Stafford. It says a lot, I think.
Xee
Site Admin

I agree, I'd like to see Stafford get a ring. Muhsin Muhammad once said, "Chicago is wear wide receivers go to die" but Detroit is where every player goes to die. Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, etc. should have had their chance for a ring but as long as they played for the Lions that was an impossibility.