View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 am 
Head Coach

I don't know if I'm projecting some mad hope but I get the feeling that Gould would take a significant home town discount. Chance of wins, being near his family etc. Pace doesn't strike me as someone who would really turn the screws on a contract when he has leverage but something amicable could well be in order.

And whilst I'm not normally a fan of paying kickers, we're in our window and he's a fan favourite. Strikes me as someone who would fit right in with what Nagy is building.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm 
Journeyman

I was a huge Gould fan but I understood why the Bears parted ways with him at the time. But, we're really a kicker away from going at least to the second round of the playoffs if not further. If Gould was here last year I'm 99% positive he nails that kick. If they can get him on a discount for 2-3 years I would be ok with that.

The thing I can see holding the Bears back is his kickoffs... That alone might warrant a discount.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:55 pm 
Mod

The thing to also consider, is that the Bears just brought in 3 kickers. On the surface that might not mean anything, but I can see the Bears at least seeing what they have in those guys in minicamp before making a trade for Gould.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:03 pm 
Assistant Coach

When you bumped this thread I scrolled through it thinking I would find me screaming and hollering. I remember being very upset and my daughter who I raised as a Bears fan was heartbroken. Robbie was so important during a time when our D dominated and our Offense was meh. I was surprised that I didnt vent here. I guess the alcohol worked lol.

I would love Robbie back if its for a 6th or 7th next year and a very friendly contract. I would be afraid of wanting him so bad then him declining lol. Thats just pure pessimistic Bears fan being afraid lol.

My thoughts are also based on who we have signed and not being impressed with them at all.

Screw it get Robbie back! lol

I am so wishy washy lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 am 
MVP

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1121734579235315712?s=20

Not sure what else he would say, but relevant to the topic anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:53 am 
Head Coach

wab wrote:
The thing to also consider, is that the Bears just brought in 3 kickers. On the surface that might not mean anything, but I can see the Bears at least seeing what they have in those guys in minicamp before making a trade for Gould.

and chicago is going to be a top destination for udfa kickers knowing the spot is 100% up for grabs. i miss robbie and absolutely hate that we let him go, but it is what it is and i just dont see him coming back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 am 
Hall of Famer

There's no guarantee, either, that Robbie Gould is going to be as good as he ever was in Chicago.

I'm glad us cutting him made him work harder at his craft, but what makes me think he won't come here and slack off again?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him here if the price is right and it doesn't cost us a draft pick.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:41 pm 
MVP

No need for Gould, Cohen is going to solve our kicker problem...

https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1122190016472653825?s=20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:52 pm 
Journeyman

That's great

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:49 pm 
Head Coach

wab wrote:
I'm going with... If Robbie Gould comes available... and I keep hearing in the media that off the record, Robbie wants out of SF in the worst way, so he can be closer to his family, who lives in Chicago... Ryan Pace would dump 2 of the signed PKs immediately and bring the leftover to camp as purely injury protection. It would be the no brainer of all no brainers.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next