MVP Race*

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I think Brady runs away with it. Leads in yards. leads in 1st down passes. 2nd to Drew Brees in overall completions all despite probably taking the most sacks he's had in a year with 35

Honorable mentions to:
Carson Wentz who is still 2nd in TD passes at the end of the season
Deshaun Watson who still has as many TD passes as Eli Manning, Jameis Winston and Jay Cutler, and has the 3rd highest QBR among starting QB's

Getting token votes:
You can make a case for Le'Veon Bell and his insane number of touches (but you also see Antonio Brown leading in yards by 90 and Big Ben 5th in attempts and TD's this year).
A case can be made for Gurley leading the league with 19 touchdowns and missing the rushing title by only 22 yards (but again Goff is getting as much praise for his production).
A case could be made for Russell Wilson. Leading in TD passes (but he's mid 20's for completion % and that line did him no favors this year).
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Has to be Brady; The GOAT.
Richie
MVP

Making a case for anyone besides Brady is just fooling yourself, IMO.

We all know the MVP of this league is Brady.

I know many want to see someone else win, because they're tired of the Pats and tired of Brady. But... come on.
Richie
MVP

Watson getting an HM is pretty ridiculous. He started 6 games? Going 3-3?

He was on pace for just over 40 total TD's, but also for over 20 turnovers.

If you just take his performances, and look at it game-by-game. Whether it's accumulating a chunk of those TD's in garbage time blowout losses, or vs secondaries like TEN and CLE. I mean, there's a lot left to be desired.

Even if he stays the pace he was on, he doesn't really creep his way into the conversation. IMO

ROY conversation? Totally, and without a doubt.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Richie wrote:Watson getting an HM is pretty ridiculous. He started 6 games? Going 3-3?

He was on pace for just over 40 total TD's, but also for over 20 turnovers.

If you just take his performances, and look at it game-by-game. Whether it's accumulating a chunk of those TD's in garbage time blowout losses, or vs secondaries like TEN and CLE. I mean, there's a lot left to be desired.

Even if he stays the pace he was on, he doesn't really creep his way into the conversation. IMO

ROY conversation? Totally, and without a doubt.
the record for TD's for a rookie is 26. I'd say if he stayed on pace, and shattered the rookie record, that yes he would have been a legit MVP candidate. And a rookie that played 6 games, still has as many TD's as Cutler, and Eli threw in a whole season.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!