F**k John Fox

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:All the "talking heads" are pimping McDaniels as the top HC candidate out there. I guess Bill Belichick gave him a 5 page paper on what it takes to build a winning franchise and organization... McDaniels calls it his bible... didn't really help him his first go-round but maybe it will the second time.

I don't know. I've never met the guy but he sounded like a Grade-A Douche-nozzle in Denver. Pompei's article makes it seem like he has grown, but none of us will really know that.

I don't think any coach should have sole control over personnel, but I do think their input should be heavily valued by the GM, which is how I believe Ryan Pace operates. He's a consensus builder and by all accounts someone who is very easy to get along with in his role.

I hope he interviews McDaniels and they go from there... he is probably the closest thing to Sean Payton that Ryan Pace is going to find. Michael Lombardi raves about him, as does Louis Riddick. Listen to this clip from Waddle and Silvy:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=21508057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Start at 19:00)
  • Scouting background so he knows strengths/weakness of players
    Utilizes that to formulate game plans and how to pick on certain personnel
    Can teach QBs how to not only read defenses but know their weakness and how to exploit them

If you spent that much time with Belichick you would probably come across as a major doucher too :D If he didn't have 245 wins and a fist full of rings and gave the interviews he does, the media would crucify him.

I agree with everything you said here. I have my ticket ready, just waiting for the McDaniel train to reach the station.

My only thought is Gabriel said "been told a few times now that a certain very successful NFL coach wants out from his current team. And no Chicago fans, it’s not Fox. This coach feels it’s time for a change". Is this coach someone like Payton or Tomlin? Is this coach Fangio? If true, this could shake up who Pace brings in and may put some of these younger guys on the back burner.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I don't know. I've never met the guy but he sounded like a Grade-A Douche-nozzle in Denver. Pompei's article makes it seem like he has grown, but none of us will really know that.
"Grade-A Douche-nozzle"... :rofl:

As I said in the Nagy thread... Stories are cheap. You can change how you weigh factors in decision making. But you can't change your personality. I don't have much faith in story writers. They're in it to sell clicks. If a guy is being interviewed for a piece, they have a story they want to project. After his Denver experience, "I'm totally changed and humbled now" sounds like a story McDaniels and those tight with him would be motivated to get out there.

I'm not saying there isn't some truth in the story. But to swallow the whole thing hook, line and sinker seems a bit much to me.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Funkster
MVP

John Fox on questions about his job security: “Frankly, I don’t give a rip.”

If Fox isn't fired today or tomorrow I don't know how much more I can take.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:John Fox on questions about his job security: “Frankly, I don’t give a rip.”

If Fox isn't fired today or tomorrow I don't know how much more I can take.
The McCaskey's are going to make a move when their revenues go down. Until then, nada.
docc
Head Coach

"I don't give a RIP"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Hello everybody, long time no post.

This season, while maddening and frustrating as h*** is going how it realistically should and setting us up for a good year next year and this is how I see it.

1) We knew John Fox wasn't the answer prior to the season. How many other coaches could've won with Peyton Manning and that defense? Quite a few. Between having a legit QB of the future, and YES, Trubisky is that guy, cap space, a high draft choice, and a defense with several good players in place (Hicks, Floyd, and Jackson off the top of my head) we will be able to attract either an established head coach or a top flight up and coming coordinator. Right now, I prefer to give Fangio the keys, make him promise to never ever call an offensive play and find somebody to run that offense. I don't know who at this point.

2) Trubisky is our guy. The problem is that he has no supporting cast in the passing game. How many other rookie QBs could be expected to lead this team to victory week in week out with eight defensive players in the box against the running game and no legit WRs? What exactly is the expectation some people have with a guy in his rookie year with dog sh** playcalling, a head coach whose gotta know he's on the way out, no legit WRs (our best one we traded for a couple weeks ago), a fellow rookie TE of the future in Shaheen who needs reps just like his QB for development and a great running game but the problem is everybody knows it and puts 8 or 9 in the box?

3) Glennon was a stop gap and he'll get cut freeing up even more cap money. $16M according to OverTheCap.

4) $40M in cap space next year BEFORE cutting Glennon. That is our high draft choice, two receivers, and retaining some free agents. If it really is $56M after cutting Glennon, we can go shopping. Yes, the trick is attracting the talent in the first place, but at least we aren't in cap h***.

5) The 2018 first round draft choice, provided we don't trade down to accumulate, shouldn't be a WR. It needs to be BPA which right now looks like Key if we don't trade down. If it's Key, I'm elated and run away laughing. Him, Floyd and Hicks equals a nightmare of a pass rush.

Edit:

One more thing about the high draft pick. In a QB heavy draft we already have our guy. This puts us in an even better position to draft BPA on defense, again I think that should be Key, or sell to a team desperate to trade up and load up on picks. Either situation is good for us.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Watching the Rams game. With four minutes left in the game, up by ten, McVey was pushing it down the field trying to score again. That's what I want out of my head coach. I want someone to step on the neck of an opponent and try and end it. Foxy would have been running it, trying not to lose. Its a shitty philosophy. Its what losers do.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Watching the Rams game. With four minutes left in the game, up by ten, McVey was pushing it down the field trying to score again. That's what I want out of my head coach. I want someone to step on the neck of an opponent and try and end it. Foxy would have been running it, trying not to lose. Its a shitty philosophy. Its what losers do.
AMEN
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Watching the Rams game. With four minutes left in the game, up by ten, McVey was pushing it down the field trying to score again. That's what I want out of my head coach. I want someone to step on the neck of an opponent and try and end it. Foxy would have been running it, trying not to lose. Its a shitty philosophy. Its what losers do.
Can I have another AMEN brothas and sistas?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I agree. Be aggressive on both sides. I'd much rather have an attacking style offense and defense. I hate the bend don't break philosophy and definitely hate Fox's play to not lose
G08
Hall of Famer

This is an example of why I think McDaniels would be great here; outstanding football acumen and ability to adjust based literally on a 4 second conversation by the opponent's DBs...

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/09/2 ... ver-texans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
G08
Hall of Famer

However, according to several sources close to the situation, Fangio being named an interim head coach won’t happen. The reason that won't happen, we’re hearing, is that the Bears front office already has a list of names to interview as potential head coach candidates going forward and Fangio's name isn’t on it.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am all in on McDaniels. To me it is a no brainer. The dude has accomplished so much and he has the respect of Brady. He could do fucking wonders with Trubisky.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:I am all in on McDaniels. To me it is a no brainer. The dude has accomplished so much and he has the respect of Brady. He could do fucking wonders with Trubisky.
or he could come to town and try to trade him :-P

(he'd have takers I think)
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Boris13c wrote:
Otis Day wrote:I am all in on McDaniels. To me it is a no brainer. The dude has accomplished so much and he has the respect of Brady. He could do fucking wonders with Trubisky.

Pace would trade Trubisky for a boat load, and McDaniels will turn Mike Glennon into a pro-bowl caliber QB. Pace will be wearing his gangsta glasses and drinking Hennessy from the Lombardi trophy, looking like a modern day Nostradamus.
docc
Head Coach

no fucking chance..
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Hematite wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

Pace would trade Trubisky for a boat load, and McDaniels will turn Mike Glennon into a pro-bowl caliber QB. Pace will be wearing his gangsta glasses and drinking Hennessy from the Lombardi trophy, looking like a modern day Nostradamus.
8-) time to load up the old pipe I guess..
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Richie
MVP

botfly10 wrote:And now we have Fox with his overly conservative style that is damaging the rookie QB. He has this kid looking hesitant, scared to throw, and happy feet starting to show up.
Yeah...

Those things are on Trubisky dude. Give me a break with this never-ending stream of apologies for this kid doing ANYTHING remotely wrong.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Hematite wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

I like your style. Do you have an agent?
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Wounded Bear
MVP

pus wrote:
Hematite wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

8-) time to load up the old pipe I guess..
Great idea. Wait, let me put on some Sweet Leaf...
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
wab
Mod

Richie wrote:
botfly10 wrote:And now we have Fox with his overly conservative style that is damaging the rookie QB. He has this kid looking hesitant, scared to throw, and happy feet starting to show up.
Yeah...

Those things are on Trubisky dude. Give me a break with this never-ending stream of apologies for this kid doing ANYTHING remotely wrong.
Dude. We get it.
BR0D1E86
MVP

At this point I can see no coherent argument that Fox should be allowed to finish this season.

For the duration of his tenure his teams have been undisciplined and unprepared, but they played hard. Now even that is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

He's comin' for ya, Foxy!

base615
Assistant Coach

John Fox on why he didn’t let the #49ers score a TD at the end: “We felt good about the block we had on the potential field goal. Neither one of those are great options at the 5 and 4 yard line."

Sigh.
G08
Hall of Famer

base615 wrote:John Fox on why he didn’t let the #49ers score a TD at the end: “We felt good about the block we had on the potential field goal. Neither one of those are great options at the 5 and 4 yard line."

Sigh.
Stupidest fucking explanation I ever heard. Bill Belichick would have let them score a TD there because it would give his offense the ball back with over 1 minute to try to score a TD and win the fucking game.

God damned asshole, I fucking hate him.

Funkster
MVP

I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
HisRoyalSweetness
Hall of Famer

Fox post game:
"Carlos Santos did tweak his groin a little bit, um that's why we went with er, um, um, Rob... I mean yeah our punter. He did the kick-offs, Pat O'Donnell handled that..."
Seriously? The coach can't even remember the name of his own player and then mixes him up with his ex-kicker who just made 5 field goals to beat his team?

I'm only surprised he didn't come to the podium wearing a big red nose and oversize shoes.
G08
Hall of Famer

HisRoyalSweetness wrote:Fox post game:
"Carlos Santos did tweak his groin a little bit, um that's why we went with er, um, um, Rob... I mean yeah our punter. He did the kick-offs, Pat O'Donnell handled that..."
Seriously? The coach can't even remember the name of his own player and then mixes him up with his ex-kicker who just made 5 field goals to beat his team?

I'm only surprised he didn't come to the podium wearing a big red nose and oversize shoes.
I watched that live and couldn't help but laugh and then feel bad for laughing at someone with dementia.

BR0D1E86
MVP

Funkster wrote:I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
I’ve put up with a lot over the years. If they hire Jeff Fisher I think I’m out.
base615
Assistant Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Funkster wrote:I was shaking my head thinking this dumb ass is banking on a block field goal. Sure enough, that's what he was banking on. He is so fucking clueless at this point. I just hope his replacement isn't Jeff Fisher, rumors started floating around this morning he is putting together a staff.
I’ve put up with a lot over the years. If they hire Jeff Fisher I think I’m out.
This