Maybe Trubisky just ain't that good.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Hematite wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:Not really trying to be overly negative and don't really need the lecture on making a thread or posting about a subject to whoever that guy was up above this post that is being super critical, but I do think ya gotta prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just saying, Tru might never show anything unless the right stuff is around him. Bears need to get Tru consistency but he can't get anything like that his first year.

Then they fire the coaches? Tru will have a new system to learn. Tru will have to get his mechanics fixed, Tru will have to be coachable by a whole new staff. Then what happens if they don't get results, say it's freaking McDaniels? Now they start to ruin Tru like all the other QBs we've had since Jim Miller.

There are quarterbacks that come in and make wins happen, and there are projects. Tru needs some work.
I agree! Switching to competent offensive coaches has done nothing good for Goff. I'd rather Trubisky hand off every first down and try his hardest to complete 3rd and longs his whole career while under pressure. Because that is the winning formula for developing a QB.
Yeah nice sarcasm but seriously do you think Bears can put together competent offensive staff and get it right next season, and that they can hold onto it? Tru needs work and it's gotta start soon and stick around if Tru is going to be a franchise QB.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Hematite wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:Not really trying to be overly negative and don't really need the lecture on making a thread or posting about a subject to whoever that guy was up above this post that is being super critical, but I do think ya gotta prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Just saying, Tru might never show anything unless the right stuff is around him. Bears need to get Tru consistency but he can't get anything like that his first year.

Then they fire the coaches? Tru will have a new system to learn. Tru will have to get his mechanics fixed, Tru will have to be coachable by a whole new staff. Then what happens if they don't get results, say it's freaking McDaniels? Now they start to ruin Tru like all the other QBs we've had since Jim Miller.

There are quarterbacks that come in and make wins happen, and there are projects. Tru needs some work.
I agree! Switching to competent offensive coaches has done nothing good for Goff. I'd rather Trubisky hand off every first down and try his hardest to complete 3rd and longs his whole career while under pressure. Because that is the winning formula for developing a QB.
Your freakin nuts, it did a ton for Goff!

Wait, I sense some sort of sarcasm there. Very well.....

To be honest, I'm neither here or there with change in coaching. The team has been hand tied for the whole season with lack of receiving options. Many times I have questioned some play calls. However I kinda get it to a degree. If it wasn't for a few stupid penalties and bad calls by refs, we could be looking at 3 more wins. The fact that they are working with what they got and playing a QB (earlier then they wanted) who is learning on the job, think they are doing ok under the circumstances.
Hematite
Player of the Month

PapaDongo wrote:
Hematite wrote:

Yeah nice sarcasm but seriously do you think Bears can put together competent offensive staff and get it right next season, and that they can hold onto it? Tru needs work and it's gotta start soon and stick around if Tru is going to be a franchise QB.
If Pace believes Mitch is the future, which he obviously does, then you find coaching that can bring out the best in him, they are out there. Developing a franchise QB is THE #1 priority in the NFL to becoming a legitimate contender every year and is the only way that Chicago gets out of the gutter it finds itself in every year.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Peyton Manning wasn't very good after 4-5 games either. Indy should've just cut him at that point.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:Peyton Manning wasn't very good after 4-5 games either. Indy should've just cut him at that point.

yeah ... and that bum Troy Aikman could only win 1 game his rookie year ... never should have gotten to come back for year 2, right?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Boris13c wrote:
Mikefive wrote:Peyton Manning wasn't very good after 4-5 games either. Indy should've just cut him at that point.

yeah ... and that bum Troy Aikman could only win 1 game his rookie year ... never should have gotten to come back for year 2, right?
Who is talking about cutting Trubisky? We all (most, anyways) believe in Trubisky but feel the coaching is hindering him. Is that illogical to think that way?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Hematite wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

Who is talking about cutting Trubisky? We all (most, anyways) believe in Trubisky but feel the coaching is hindering him. Is that illogical to think that way?

you completely missed the sarcasm of those 2 posts
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Boris13c wrote:
Hematite wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

you completely missed the sarcasm of those 2 posts
My bad! Papa's title has me riled up!!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

upon further review, maybe this thread just ain't that good

* trashing a rookie QB for no legitimate reasons
* bitching about sacks and blaming the rookie QB rather than the O-Line
* hand wringing and moaning about a bunch of nonsense

Mitch Trubisky has NFL level talent and anyone who cannot see that is simply not paying attention

the Bears receivers are now improved thanks to Inman's arrival, but still grade out as a D with 3rd and 4th line guys as starters

the Bears offensive line was manhandled by Goon Bay, and has been an incomplete sporadic unit all season, which directly impacts the QB play

the Bears coaching staff showed they are no longer NFL caliber thanks to their game plans and in game failures, but of course that is Trubisky's fault right?
George Carlin
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:upon further review, maybe this thread just ain't that good

Mitch Trubisky has NFL level talent and anyone who cannot see that is simply not paying attention

the Bears receivers are now improved thanks to Inman's arrival, but still grade out as a D with 3rd and 4th line guys as starters

the Bears offensive line was manhandled by Goon Bay, and has been an incomplete sporadic unit all season, which directly impacts the QB play

the Bears coaching staff showed they are no longer NFL caliber thanks to their game plans and in game failures, but of course that is Trubisky's fault right?

You really excell at putting words in people's mouth, I ain't blaming Tru I'm just saying he's not good yet and maybe he ain't never gonna be good if they can't get some continuity around him. It's not like I'm insulting your mom, it's just being objective that Tru don't look good yet and knowing the history of bears staff and talent, there needs to be dramatic change and then that change has to be focused and be in it for the long haul if Tru is gonna ever get good. Jeesh it's not like I ain't giving Tru a chance just saying he needs a lot and literally everyone can agree he needs OL, WR, OC, development, mechanics fixed, etc. That's a lot of CHIT that needs to happen in the next year if you want to see Tru turn into a decent qb, ain't it?

Don't hate the messenger.
Hematite
Player of the Month

PapaDongo wrote:People want to blame Fox and Loggains and playcalling but maybe they don't want him passing because, well, he ain't that good a passer.

I thought this guy was supposed to be accurate but only half of his passes are accurate. So inconsistent.

At least he didn't turn it over, and only took one sack intentionally from what I saw. But at some point you have to find a guy instead of getting trophys for throwing the ball away or dirting it.

He is getting outplayed by backups, not a good look for a project that the GM trades up for.
These were your words and what has people riled up. Don't try to sugarcoat it!
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Hematite wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:People want to blame Fox and Loggains and playcalling but maybe they don't want him passing because, well, he ain't that good a passer.

I thought this guy was supposed to be accurate but only half of his passes are accurate. So inconsistent.

At least he didn't turn it over, and only took one sack intentionally from what I saw. But at some point you have to find a guy instead of getting trophys for throwing the ball away or dirting it.

He is getting outplayed by backups, not a good look for a project that the GM trades up for.
Yeah but that was right after the game and obviously I've calmed down, even though it's harsh it's not like it ain't really true, just a little overly critical. If you gonna hold people to a single post then what is the point of dialogue?
Hematite
Player of the Month

PapaDongo wrote:
Hematite wrote:

Yeah but that was right after the game and obviously I've calmed down, even though it's harsh it's not like it ain't really true, just a little overly critical. If you gonna hold people to a single post then what is the point of dialogue?
We all own those types of posts!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:

You really excell at putting words in people's mouth, I ain't blaming Tru
???

your entire fucking thread is blaming Trubisky

your words, not mine dippo

PapaDongo wrote:I'm just saying he's not good yet and maybe he ain't never gonna be good if they can't get some continuity around him. It's not like I'm insulting your mom, it's just being objective that Tru don't look good yet and knowing the history of bears staff and talent, there needs to be dramatic change and then that change has to be focused and be in it for the long haul if Tru is gonna ever get good. Jeesh it's not like I ain't giving Tru a chance just saying he needs a lot and literally everyone can agree he needs OL, WR, OC, development, mechanics fixed, etc. That's a lot of CHIT that needs to happen in the next year if you want to see Tru turn into a decent qb, ain't it?
I disagree with everything you've said and your attempts now to backtrack and tell us what you said isn't what you meant is bullshit

PapaDongo wrote:Don't hate the messenger.
kind of hard not to when the messenger is so unsavory
George Carlin
wab
Mod

He looked pretty good Sunday when they finally let him play a little.

60% for 297 with a TD, no picks and a 97 rating is ok with me.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

You really excell at putting words in people's mouth, I ain't blaming Tru
???

your entire fucking thread is blaming Trubisky

your words, not mine dippo

PapaDongo wrote:I'm just saying he's not good yet and maybe he ain't never gonna be good if they can't get some continuity around him. It's not like I'm insulting your mom, it's just being objective that Tru don't look good yet and knowing the history of bears staff and talent, there needs to be dramatic change and then that change has to be focused and be in it for the long haul if Tru is gonna ever get good. Jeesh it's not like I ain't giving Tru a chance just saying he needs a lot and literally everyone can agree he needs OL, WR, OC, development, mechanics fixed, etc. That's a lot of CHIT that needs to happen in the next year if you want to see Tru turn into a decent qb, ain't it?
I disagree with everything you've said and your attempts now to backtrack and tell us what you said isn't what you meant is bullshit

PapaDongo wrote:Don't hate the messenger.
kind of hard not to when the messenger is so unsavory

I don't know how someone's gonna dislike someone like this just because of a disagreement about a quarterback but I'm just gonna go ahead and take the high road and agree to disagree and not try to get into it with your replies going forward. Obviously ya haven't seen my thought progression and just are hating on the first thing you got upset about.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

PapaDongo wrote:I don't know how someone's gonna dislike someone like this just because of a disagreement about a quarterback but I'm just gonna go ahead and take the high road and agree to disagree and not try to get into it with your replies going forward.
agree to disagree - cool

PapaDongo wrote:Obviously ya haven't seen my thought progression and just are hating on the first thing you got upset about.
I have seen all to well your alleged thought progression and it appears it is meant more to rile things up than to actually have a discussion

maybe that is not what you meant to have happen but it is how I read it
George Carlin
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

yeah Boris that pretty well covers this fucked-up thread so I for one will leave it to dry up and blow away
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

pus wrote:

yeah Boris that pretty well covers this fucked-up thread so I for one will leave it to dry up and blow away
Smell ya later.
Pagan
MVP

* Apparently Needing To Be Reposted *

1st of all:
Everyone has the right to be potentially salty after a loss, & the title of the post shouldn't be off limits, who knows... Maybe Trib Ain't that good..
(Only Time will tell)

2ndly:
Don't create thoughtlessly controversial, emotionally driven, overreaction posts.
Please.

(This post is CLEARLY all of those things)

Last Point:
Good for you; you got yourself a 6+ thread with your name next to it!
Don't confuse # of responses with popularity.
This isn't the kind of attention that you'll enjoy for long.

I look forward to reading less dumb things from some of you sooner.

* Dong... This thread of yours isnt a difference of opinion. This is you acting like a troll, which won't be tolerated here. *

This thread is what NOT to do in a string of posts & is now locked.

We're hoping from here forward you understand the difference between playing devils advocate, debating different opinions & trolling.

If there's any further confusion about the differences in these 3 subjects= feel free to use a dictionary.