The 6 Conversations That Changed Matt Nagy's Life

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Looks better linked...

http://www.chiefs.com/longreads/2017/mattnagy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has spent 10 years with Andy Reid, IMO one of the most innovative offensive minds and better play callers in the NFL. He has tutored Alex Smith to career numbers (a QB that shares a ton of traits with our very own Mitch Trubisky), and players in the Chiefs locker room mention Nagy's name specifically when asked about why the offense is operating as well as it has been this season.

Pair him with a strong defensive mind, Chuck Pagano if he's fired, and I think you're in good hands for the next 8-10 years (God-willing).

Not sure if this is considered Non-Bears news since he is a potential HC candidate for us if/when Fox is fired... if it is unrelated, please move!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Don't know if he's head coach potential...and I still believe from watching some Chiefs games, that Reid still calls all the plays. But Nagy is a voice in Reid's ear in play design for sure.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
BR0D1E86
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote:Don't know if he's head coach potential...and I still believe from watching some Chiefs games, that Reid still calls all the plays. But Nagy is a voice in Reid's ear in play design for sure.
Was that the same knock on Doug Peterson though? If he's got the stuff to be a coach he's got it. I'm not saying he does, but he's intriguing. He's getting a lot of credit for the Chiefs opening it up a bit this year.
G08
Hall of Famer

Nagy has not been calling plays (neither did Pederson) but he has had input and tweaks to the offense that, some players, have said made it more explosive.
BR0D1E86 wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:Don't know if he's head coach potential...and I still believe from watching some Chiefs games, that Reid still calls all the plays. But Nagy is a voice in Reid's ear in play design for sure.
Was that the same knock on Doug Peterson though? If he's got the stuff to be a coach he's got it. I'm not saying he does, but he's intriguing. He's getting a lot of credit for the Chiefs opening it up a bit this year.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

Great stuff, I’m falling in love with this dude.

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I'm torn between him and Carmichael but I feel either one will be a good choice
wab
Mod

bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm torn between him and Carmichael but I feel either one will be a good choice
I don't know why, but I just don't get a great feeling about Carmichael.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:I'm torn between him and Carmichael but I feel either one will be a good choice
I don't know why, but I just don't get a great feeling about Carmichael.
After hearing that New Orleans beat writer say he's a nice guy, smart, but he's more or less Sean Payton's mouthpiece.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

man, that's why articles like the one posted above feel like such bullshit to me. it's not a coincidence that around this time of year, when pretty much every front office who is going to fire their head coach is starting to think about who the replacement is, do agents start reaching out and finding an amiable writer who'll put out a long-form puff piece.

shit like this just feels so disingenuous and not worth the paper it's printed on.
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:

man, that's why articles like the one posted above feel like such bullshit to me. it's not a coincidence that around this time of year, when pretty much every front office who is going to fire their head coach is starting to think about who the replacement is, do agents start reaching out and finding an amiable writer who'll put out a long-form puff piece.

shit like this just feels so disingenuous and not worth the paper it's printed on.
LOL Relax bro, that article was written before the season started.
Adipost
MVP

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

LOL Relax bro, that article was written before the season started.
that just mean's that nagy's agent was alittle more proactive.
i read enough of these articles written about marc trestman that i'm completely broken now.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I think there are always stories like these about NFL assistant coaches. They just all don't get written. That's what makes stories like these seem rare.

Not expressing an opinion on Nagy one way or another. But I wouldn't change that opinion because he has a story. Daniel Braverman has a nice story. How's the NFL working out for him?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Get it done.