View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 87  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm 
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Bears are going into the bye week on a slightly depressing note. The offense continues to struggle while it seems more and more likely John Fox and Dowell Loggains have no idea how to develop a rookie.The clock may be ticking for Coach Fox and if you’re Dowell Loggains, the clock has already stopped. Loggains may have deserved one more year but the problem really consisted in 2016, when the Loggains ran offense wasn’t able to get over 20 points in 11 appearances. Loggains had the benefit of the doubt with the quarterback carousel (Jay Cutler, Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley) but even still the offense was only able to get over 20 in five games and never got over 30 once. Fox has had 3 years to make something happen and even though the defense is sharp the offense has been lacking since Gase left. So what’s next for the Bears? And if it’s a new coach could it be Josh McDaniels?

Josh McDaniels with Broncos

I know, McDaniels has already had his shot at being a head coach but if you look at the scenario, it wasn’t very bright. In McDaniels’ first year he lost Cutler and lost the locker room quickly after. McDaniels also came in after the Broncos fired player favorite Mike Shanahan. He also never really had anyone to develop other than Kyle Orton. McDaniels’ problems didn’t end there, After the 2009 season Brandon Marshall was the next to go. McDaniels wasn’t given the benefit of the doubt and was fired during his 2nd season.

The Tom Brady Stats Stacker

McDaniels has been great as the offensive coordinator in New England, but has also had one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game in Tom Brady. In 2007 the Patriots broke and NFL record for touchdowns with 75 (67 on offense) and although the case for Tom Brady is completely valid other things have to be considered.

Jimmy Garoppolo’s Play

Filling in for a suspended Tom Brady, Garoppolo played great, posting a 68.3 completion percentage while also having an 86.0 QBR and 113.3 passer rating. He did that with McDaniels calling the shots. Garoppolo is a prime example as to why the Bears should at least consider Josh McDaniels.

McDaniels and Trubisky

McDaniels has had the opportunity to coach and be around one of the best quarterbacks in the league. This would help McDaniels get the best out of Trubisky. McDaniels has also been around Bill Belichick and has aged since his days in Denver. If McDaniels chooses to leave New England, the Bears need to at least make the call.

End Game

If McDaniels joins the Bears, he’ll be starting from scratch, but it’ll be with a quarterback who has a bright future and, barring any drastic changes, an above average defense. If McDaniels can bring in a great defensive coordinator and a competent special teams coordinator the Bears will be fine.

Whatever happens Bears fans are fed up with bad records and slow starts. We want a winner and Josh McDaniels has been around two. If anything is for sure it’s John Fox’s inability to evaluate and develop anything other than defense. The fans have had enough, we deserve better Ryan Pace.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

Last edited by G08 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 pm 
Hall of Famer

This is my move. Dude flamed out magnificently in Denver, but that was 7 years ago. Since then, he's been hip-to-hip with Tom Brady (who raves about McDaniels) and Bill Belichick and picked up 2 more Super Bowl rings.

Yes, there has been talk that he wants to have a say in his GM, but Ryan Pace is nothing if not a willing partner with his head coach. I don't think that should be an issue and my hope is that they work well together.

With the amount of turnover this offense is about to face (especially at WR) now is the time to make the move. I'm not sure who else comes with a better documented resume and I really don't see Trubisky butting heads with McDaniels. If the QB gets on board early, and he's the team leader he is being billed as, then the rest of the roster will fall in line.

Fuck it, bring in the wunderkid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 pm 
Head Coach

Right there with ya. His resume is far and above anyone else's out there. He is the top guy out there. A guy you want around your young QB. The shit he does matchup wise is far beyond what this team has seen. He attacks D weaknesses and he uses his strengths against your weakness. I would be putting feelers out now.

I think I will be disappointed if he isn't the focus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm 
Journeyman

Do you guys see McDaniels calling his own offensive plays when he's the head coach?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:24 pm 
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
This is my move. Dude flamed out magnificently in Denver, but that was 7 years ago. Since then, he's been hip-to-hip with Tom Brady (who raves about McDaniels) and Bill Belichick and picked up 2 more Super Bowl rings.

one would hope he learned from his flame out like Belichick did with his Cleveland flame out

and I'm thinking being connected to Brady has allowed him to pad his resume quite comfortably, so any talk of him being some offensive deity needs to be tempered by the fact he has Brady to implement his offense

G08 wrote:
Yes, there has been talk that he wants to have a say in his GM, but Ryan Pace is nothing if not a willing partner with his head coach. I don't think that should be an issue and my hope is that they work well together.

correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the pecking order is owner, GM, coach ... so a coach wanting to select his own GM is arrogant douchey-ness that simply won't happen

G08 wrote:
With the amount of turnover this offense is about to face (especially at WR) now is the time to make the move. I'm not sure who else comes with a better documented resume and I really don't see Trubisky butting heads with McDaniels. If the QB gets on board early, and he's the team leader he is being billed as, then the rest of the roster will fall in line.

well, if McDaniels comes to town and immediately wants to trade Trubisky as he did his Denver starter I doubt Mitchell will be a pouting bitch about it (hell, he may even be hoping that happens given the shit he is going through at the moment)

G08 wrote:
Fuck it, bring in the wunderkid.

I'm not 100% all in as you are, but do think he'd at least bring an up to date concept of how to run a team with him rather than the outdated model Fox is still using

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm 
Hall of Famer

Brady raves about him and Brady/Belichick have never won a Super Bowl without Josh McDaniels in that building (take that for whatever it's worth).

Look at what he did with Garoppolo and Brissett last season... Trubisky is a more athletic Garoppolo, tie him and McDaniels at the hip and hope for the best.

Who else is out there? This guy?

We did this with Trestman already. Give me an offensive mind with some fucking red-ass to him (think Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, etc).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm 
Head Coach

I still think I am leaning toward the KC OC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:13 pm 
Head Coach

That KC O is flaming out bad right now, whoever is running it.

Talking of McDaniels reaping the benefits of Brady, I believe McDaniels is exploiting Brady's strengths. I believe he can exploit Trubisky's strengths as well. Hell, Trub and Brady may become buds and Trubs can bounce shit off the GOAT.

I don't see how you can ignore McDaniels' resume.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:46 pm 
Player of the Month

Otis Day wrote:
That KC O is flaming out bad right now, whoever is running it.

Talking of McDaniels reaping the benefits of Brady, I believe McDaniels is exploiting Brady's strengths. I believe he can exploit Trubisky's strengths as well. Hell, Trub and Brady may become buds and Trubs can bounce shit off the GOAT.

I don't see how you can ignore McDaniels' resume.

I like it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:15 pm 
Player of the Month

I would not be upset with McDaniels or Reich.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 87  Next