View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 am 
Player of the Month

Thanks. Suspected as much. Guess we're going have to play the patient waiting game. Which for long-suffering Bears fans is not easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:51 am 
Player of the Month

From @dabearsblog. As with anything, take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Little tidbit for Monday morning: There was a serious connection between Pace & McDaniels & the Pats OC emerged from round one of interviews as most impressive candidate.

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/ ... 1676889089

Quote:
Also, there is A LOT of misinformation being spread by various camps. Best to just be patient as a fan.

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/ ... 4833441792

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 am 
Hall of Famer

To be honest...I am not convinced that the Bears are going to get this right. I heard on the radio that Ginny McCaskey put the Bears ownership in a Generational Skip Trust. Meaning that when she dies, the family members that inherit the team, are going to owe taxes on a $3B asset, which they can't afford. So the team will have to go up for sale when Ginny passes. I think that's when I will be convinced that the Bears will be on the right track.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:31 am 
Site Admin

mshu7 wrote:
From @dabearsblog. As with anything, take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Little tidbit for Monday morning: There was a serious connection between Pace & McDaniels & the Pats OC emerged from round one of interviews as most impressive candidate.

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/ ... 1676889089

Quote:
Also, there is A LOT of misinformation being spread by various camps. Best to just be patient as a fan.

https://twitter.com/dabearsblog/status/ ... 4833441792

I was wondering what kind of insider info he was teasing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 am 
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
To be honest...I am not convinced that the Bears are going to get this right. I heard on the radio that Ginny McCaskey put the Bears ownership in a Generational Skip Trust. Meaning that when she dies, the family members that inherit the team, are going to owe taxes on a $3B asset, which they can't afford. So the team will have to go up for sale when Ginny passes. I think that's when I will be convinced that the Bears will be on the right track.

Generation skipping transfer taxes are transferred at a much lower tax rate. It's also an installment tax.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 am 
Hall of Famer

I am always cynical when these guys start trumpeting their inside info and anonymous sources bullshit ... this is all an exercise on who can guess correctly first since it is very likely none of these asswads knows a whole lot more than we do

which is kind of sad since they are being paid to actually know more than the average fan base ... but they shoot themselves in the foot by their rush to be first over riding any effort to try to actually be correct

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Sports Mockery, bastion of truth, chimes in with news from their "source."

“BEARS AND (JOSH) MCDANIELS TALKS ADVANCING. PACE HAS ZEROED IN ON MCDANIELS FROM THE START AND HAS MADE HIM HIS TOP TARGET AND THAT HASN’T AND WON’T CHANGE. PACE WILL GO ALL OUT AND FIGHT UNTIL THE END TO GET HIS GUY.”

“PACE IS AWARE JOSH IS IN HIGH DEMAND AND WON’T BE UPSET WITH THAT. JOHN (DEFILIPPO) HAS IMPRESSED HIM TO THE POINT IF HE MISSES ON MCDANIELS HE HAS NO PROBLEMS HIRING JOHN AS HE HIT A GRAND SLAM IN HIS INTERVIEW.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 am 
Player of the Month

Hopefully after the HC has been announced, it’ll be a little more clear which of these insiders had the legit sources.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am 
Hall of Famer

Anyone have a pulse on what's going to happen? Local TV was stating that they think something will be announced this week, but it sounded like pure speculation.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 am 
Hall of Famer

McDaniels, I must say, excites the me most for being tied to Trubisky. That dude knows offensive football.

Can he be a leader of men, though? That's the biggest question mark I have... HOWEVER, I do think he needs some credit for developing Jimmy Garoppolo. Not a bad resume...

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next