View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 am 
Head Coach

wab wrote:
I'm not buying anything regarding to McDaniels until he's standing at the podium with a Bears hat on, if only for my own sanity.
That's how I feel too.

When I ranked the candidates, I said Flip scared me. And he does. But not because he has the big black splotch on his resume like McD does. Everything on Flips resume is good... Energetic teacher and motivator with great personality... History of success with young QBs... Last guy out of the building... It's just that some things are missing that make me nervous. It'll be easy to get behind Flip with hope. I'd get behind McDaniels too. But I'd be waiting for bad stuff to happen.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am 
Assistant Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
if george mccaskey looked like george wendt we would never have to have this discussion.
Hey dere -- whaddaya mean? Would you be insinuating something about a certain kind of food? Da kind dat goes with spaghettis???

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 am 
Head Coach

From an SI article dated 1/2/18:

Quote:
Will that be this year? When McDaniels says he’ll only leave for the right opportunity, that means he will not take a job unless two things are in place: 1) a quarterback he likes, or the opportunity to draft one; and 2) a good partner as GM. As far as the first criterion goes, the Bears have Mitchell Trubisky, last year’s No. 2 pick; the Colts have Andrew Luck, though the true status of the shoulder injury that kept him out all season is an important consideration; and the Giants have the No. 2 pick in this year's draft, with which they could draft their next potential franchise quarterback to succeed Eli Manning.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/02/josh- ... iants-mmqb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am 
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
From an SI article dated 1/2/18:

Quote:
Will that be this year? When McDaniels says he’ll only leave for the right opportunity, that means he will not take a job unless two things are in place: 1) a quarterback he likes, or the opportunity to draft one; and 2) a good partner as GM. As far as the first criterion goes, the Bears have Mitchell Trubisky, last year’s No. 2 pick; the Colts have Andrew Luck, though the true status of the shoulder injury that kept him out all season is an important consideration; and the Giants have the No. 2 pick in this year's draft, with which they could draft their next potential franchise quarterback to succeed Eli Manning.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/02/josh- ... iants-mmqb

Adding on:

Quote:
One player who has worked with McDaniels in New England calls him “the biggest extension of Bill Belichick.” He’s as detail-oriented as Belichick, has shown his creativity in making the most of the Patriots’ rotating cast of offensive skill-position players and, while Tom Brady served his Deflategate suspension during the first four games of the 2016 season, proved he can win games with quarterbacks not named Brady.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am 
Hall of Famer

I just have the gut feeling McDaniels would choose the Colts over the Bears because of the implication he would have more control there ... and I'm ok with that

I think Shurmur is the safest option who could legitimately be Trubisky's mentor ... and once the Saints beat the crap out of the Vikings this weekend, he will be available

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am 
Mod

Shurmur/Flip are my top wants. Nagy is my fallback. Fangio is my plan C.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am 
MVP

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Out of curiosity - has anyone heard of any possible DC's attached to McDaniels? One of the things I worry about with a McD hire is that the incest is so prevalent over there that I don't know how many connections outside of NE McDaniels might have.

I asked this same question back on page 80. I can't remember who said it but I read some tweets yesterday that said McDaniels could put together a top staff easily.

If he is willing to keep Fangio, I think this is a no brainer. He would have to be the #1 candidate on the list. With candidates becoming available to sign, I'm thinking we'll actually get a glimpse who really is in the hunt and who is just smoke and mirrors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am 
Mod

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Out of curiosity - has anyone heard of any possible DC's attached to McDaniels? One of the things I worry about with a McD hire is that the incest is so prevalent over there that I don't know how many connections outside of NE McDaniels might have.

Eric Mangini is floating out there somewhere in the ether... blah.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am 
Hall of Famer

Matt Nagy!

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:08 pm 
Hall of Famer

guess this thread has run its course

I'm honestly surprised the move came so soon

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next