OT: Erik Kramer...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Knuckles
Player of the Month

It's sad to see what's become of one of my favorite Bear QBs... He used to be so fun to watch (even though he was only here for a short while) as a Bear and gave me fits when he was with Detroit. One of the better QBs we've had in my lifetime has lost his damn mind. He tried to shoot himself in the head not long ago and now he attacked his wife leading her to fear for her and his daughters life. It's a shame and I hope he gets the help he needs.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2781708-erik-kramers-ex-wife-cortney-baird-afraid-hes-going-to-kill-her-and-daughter
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Really surprising and definitely sad. I'll never forget the '95 Bears team where he was lighting it up. Kramer with a single season Bears record of 29 TD's and only 10 INT's. If the Bears even had a below-average defense they would have made the playoffs - unfortunately, they had probably the worst defense in the league.

I don't think anyone would have expected Kramer to lead down this path of craziness. I hope he gets the help he needs - and pray that he gets better so that he doesn't harm anyone or himself.
Never Die Easy
Richie
MVP

DaSuperfan wrote:Really surprising and definitely sad. I'll never forget the '95 Bears team where he was lighting it up. Kramer with a single season Bears record of 29 TD's and only 10 INT's. If the Bears even had a below-average defense they would have made the playoffs - unfortunately, they had probably the worst defense in the league.

I don't think anyone would have expected Kramer to lead down this path of craziness. I hope he gets the help he needs - and pray that he gets better so that he doesn't harm anyone or himself.
This will turn into another CTE story, right? Just have to think that's where this narrative is headed. Whether it's him getting control of himself and speaking out... or (what we hope not to be the case) a bad cautionary tale.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

Before condemning him I will wait for the result in court, but I am a little skeptical. A former NFL QB threw a number of items and didn't manage to hit her with ANY of them? Too many false claims have been thrown around for me to jump against him, but regardless of the outcome this is a sad story.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

Sugashane wrote:Before condemning him I will wait for the result in court, but I am a little skeptical. A former NFL QB threw a number of items and didn't manage to hit her with ANY of them? Too many false claims have been thrown around for me to jump against him, but regardless of the outcome this is a sad story.
Yeah I thought that was crazy... My dad and me were making light of that part of the story saying as accurate as he was to miss with everything? I know it's a serious matter... But my dad and me can be a little deranged at times. It helps to cope with how crazy life is.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
Richie
MVP

Sugashane wrote:Before condemning him I will wait for the result in court, but I am a little skeptical. A former NFL QB threw a number of items and didn't manage to hit her with ANY of them? Too many false claims have been thrown around for me to jump against him, but regardless of the outcome this is a sad story.
Yeah, good point. We see do see those type of situations far too often. To pretend people aren't capable of manipulation or malevolence is terribly naive. Divorce gets very ugly and people going through it can do ugly things.