For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Day 4

@ChicagoBears
Roster Update: We have waived OL Jeremi Hall.

WCG Day 4 recap
G08
Hall of Famer

Oh shit thanks mmmc!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Welcome g08

Day 4 video
LacertineForest
MVP

Love the videos...thanks for posting. Day 4 looked pretty good for the offense. Hope they continue to build on it - love the speed this team has with Cohen and Gabriel.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Bears’ beat writers that the team has signed undrafted rookie Ro’Derrick Hoskins, who was a three year starter for Florida State. At his March pro day, he checked in at 6’2”, 230 pounds, and he ran a 4.85 forty.
Kevin White, Kevin Tolliver, Nick Kwiatkoski
Bears Wire 3 Stars of Camp

Anthony Miller, Prince Amukamara, Taylor Gabriel, Jordan Howard, Leonard Floyd

NBC 5 Camp Standouts
Bad Flanders
MVP

Man, Bears db's have a healthy respect for Kevin White! Most of his plays in the day 4 video show them way back on him. I'd love to see what they guy could do with a full season or two.
G08
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Adam Jahns

@adamjahns

Today, #Bears coach Matt Nagy named rookie OLB Kylie Fitts as a player who has stood to him on defense. He has been very noticeable in all drills. Coverage responsibilities might take time, but he can get low and get around the edge.

12:14 PM - 24 Jul 2018

My guy!

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

It would be crazy if we solved our lbs problem in one draft. Smith, Iggy, Fitts. Outside of needing depth
docc
Head Coach

G08 wrote:

Adam Jahns

@adamjahns

Today, #Bears coach Matt Nagy named rookie OLB Kylie Fitts as a player who has stood to him on defense. He has been very noticeable in all drills. Coverage responsibilities might take time, but he can get low and get around the edge.

12:14 PM - 24 Jul 2018

My guy!
[video][/video]
Sugashane
Player of the Month

bearsfaninaz wrote:It would be crazy if we solved our lbs problem in one draft. Smith, Iggy, Fitts. Outside of needing depth
That would be a hell of a feather in the cap of Pace. Iggy gets time to develop behind Trevathan and NickK. Hope he keeps his nose to the grindstone and takes over in 2 years or so.
UOK
Site Admin

Notes from the Trib:
  • Kylie Fitts is having a great camp, earning Nagy's praise.
  • Adam Shaheen says the game is slowing down for him immensely in year two. Felt like things "clicked" right before season-ending injury in 2017.
  • Josh Bellamy, Prince Amukamara, and Anthony Miller are among the team's biggest shit-talkers.
  • Nagy's office features a 10x16 foot whiteboard, covered in playbooking. He got the concept from Andy Reid. He doesn't erase anything if he can help it. He has a silver leveling device that keeps lines/writing uniform. The font and leveling must be perfect. Certain colors can't overlap at any point. Nagy will photograph the whiteboard at the end of every week to be filed away.
  • In 2019, Nagy will get a new office, where he says all four of his walls must include floor-to-ceiling whiteboards.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Josh Bellamy a shit talker! Lord, what has he ever accomplished to be able to even open his damn mouth.

I am loving the white board shit. Kind of Sheldonish.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day wrote:Josh Bellamy a shit talker! Lord, what has he ever accomplished to be able to even open his damn mouth.

I laughed at the Bellamy thing. I mean good for him, I guess, but yeah - c'mon, man.

The whiteboard stuff was amazing.
G08
Hall of Famer

I've been getting caught up with the press conferences and whatnot... I'm trying like hell to not chug the Kool-Aid but God damn... I think Pace fucking gets it and I'm starting to think Nagy does as well.

Give me a top 5 defense and 15-16th ranked offense and we might win 9 or 10 games.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:It would be crazy if we solved our lbs problem in one draft. Smith, Iggy, Fitts. Outside of needing depth
Did we really have a LB problem outside of needing more pass rushers? If we added a legit pass rusher with a R6 pick... That's gold right there alone.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
Did we really have a LB problem outside of needing more pass rushers? If we added a legit pass rusher with a R6 pick... That's gold right there alone.
We needed new ilb. Kwit gets a concussion or hurt often. Same can be said for Floyd. So I felt we definitely need a revamp. Trevathan been hurt camp too
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Notes from the Trib:
  • Kylie Fitts is having a great camp, earning Nagy's praise.
  • Adam Shaheen says the game is slowing down for him immensely in year two. Felt like things "clicked" right before season-ending injury in 2017.
  • Josh Bellamy, Prince Amukamara, and Anthony Miller are among the team's biggest shit-talkers.
  • Nagy's office features a 10x16 foot whiteboard, covered in playbooking. He got the concept from Andy Reid. He doesn't erase anything if he can help it. He has a silver leveling device that keeps lines/writing uniform. The font and leveling must be perfect. Certain colors can't overlap at any point. Nagy will photograph the whiteboard at the end of every week to be filed away.
  • In 2019, Nagy will get a new office, where he says all four of his walls must include floor-to-ceiling whiteboards.
I have a huge whiteboard in my office. I fucking love whiteboards. Couldn't live without one. :drool:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I've been getting caught up with the press conferences and whatnot... I'm trying like hell to not chug the Kool-Aid but God damn... I think Pace fucking gets it and I'm starting to think Nagy does as well.

Give me a top 5 defense and 15-16th ranked offense and we might win 9 or 10 games.
One of the things I was preaching to the heavens when the coaching search was going on, was finding a suitable generational partner to Pace. Nagy was my guy, and I think Nagy is it. They are going to be able to relate on the same level, on a lot of things. That sort of synergy is what takes a mediocre team, to a good team, and then to greatness. Because if there is a sense of lockstep between the GM and HC, and if the QB buys in, then everyone feels like the ship is headed in the right direction. If you have talented, long-term consistancy between the GM, HC and QB, you have a chance to do very well in the NFL.

I was saying 7-9. I'm flipping and saying 9-7 this year. With a lot of those wins piling up toward the middle/end of the season.
G08
Hall of Famer

I just think Pace understands the value in consistency. He wouldn't let Fangio walk out the door, and he saw a young secondary coming together and IMO overpaid a bit (don't care) to make sure Amukamara and Fuller came back. That's an underrated move in my opinion.

Even when he traded next year's 2nd round pick to draft Anthony Miller... he has an offensive head coach with a system that takes time to learn. What does he do? Overhauls his WR corps with young talent that should GOD WILLING grow in this offense with Mitch Trubisky. It's just smart fucking building and I pray to the high heavens that we stay healthy and this thing develops.

If it all goes right? Shit... 2020 might be a huge year.

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Josh Bellamy a shit talker! Lord, what has he ever accomplished to be able to even open his damn mouth.

I can see bellamy after talking shit to someone, being like this when the fight breaks out.

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:I just think Pace understands the value in consistency. He wouldn't let Fangio walk out the door, and he saw a young secondary coming together and IMO overpaid a bit (don't care) to make sure Amukamara and Fuller came back. That's an underrated move in my opinion.

Even when he traded next year's 2nd round pick to draft Anthony Miller... he has an offensive head coach with a system that takes time to learn. What does he do? Overhauls his WR corps with young talent that should GOD WILLING grow in this offense with Mitch Trubisky. It's just smart fucking building and I pray to the high heavens that we stay healthy and this thing develops.

If it all goes right? Shit... 2020 might be a huge year.
I rolled the dice with $100 on the Bears to win SB this year. So I'm looking for huge THiS year. Lol