Anthony Miller's blog

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://officialize.com/@anthonymiller/ ... for-impact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind of interesting look at Anthony Miller's blog. This one's from August 1st.
The mincamps and OTAs are over and now the fun starts. Now it’s time to show the fans and everyone around the league why the Chicago Bears drafted me with the 51st pick. This may be my first training camp but I am confident in my ability and making plays is what I do best.

We have a very well balanced team of young guys and vets. For example, I love the challenge of going up against our DBs. When you have veterans like Prince and Marcus on your team, obviously they help on the defensive side of the ball but indirectly the offense too. I couldn’t ask for better situation to be in and I plan on taking every advantage of it. It is really a total team effort.

Our wide receiver group is very competitive. We challenge each other on every rep and that is how you grow. We have talented veterans on our side of the ball too. Allen and Taylor are two guys that have played a lot of football in this league so learning from them in the film room and on the practice field gives you an edge. All these guys are extremely talented and we are going to give opposing defenses all kinds of problems with our ability to stretch the field with multiple looks. Pick your poison.

At the end of the day, I’ve got to focus on what got me in the league in the first place: my hands. I want Mitch to know that if he throws the ball my way that I am going to catch it - whatever the cost. Whether I have to go up and snag a pass or make a catch in traffic, there’s no excuse for drops in the league. Especially with the talent on this team, you have to do the whatever it takes to set yourself apart. That means winning on 50/50 balls. That means catching the ball away from my body.

This team may be young with a lot to prove but I think we will catch some people by surprise. That’s what makes this league so great. Any team can go from worst to first in the blink of an eye. Don’t sleep on us, we’re hungry, we’re ready and we’re coming!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I don't think I've ever had a favorite Bear who has never played a regular season game for us yet. I love this guy!

He mentioned Prince and Marcus, but not Kyle. I wonder if that was deliberate?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Maybe Kyle is one of those quiet contributors on D, whereas Prince and Marcus are more verbal and act like coaches on the field?
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Nanky
Journeyman

My guess is Kyle has been matching up more against Robinson than Miller.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I hear a lot about Miller getting the best of Prince (esp since Prince was a little dinged up), so I agree it sounds like he just doesn't see as much of Kyle. But I also know Kyle has gotten into it with his own WR/TE's before, especially vocal ones (him and Bennett used to get at each other didn't they?)

At any rate, the takes on Miller sound amazing, I can't wait.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The two days I went to camp, Miller was matched up against Fuller more than Prince.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Nanky
Journeyman

Mikefive wrote:The two days I went to camp, Miller was matched up against Fuller more than Prince.
How'd Miller do against him?
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Nanky wrote:
Mikefive wrote:The two days I went to camp, Miller was matched up against Fuller more than Prince.
How'd Miller do against him?
He did pretty well in some hard fought battles. You should go read my TC reports.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.