9%
5%
2%
5 or less
2%

Total votes: 43
G08
Hall of Famer

Through 5 games, we're 3-2... here's my quick rapid fire gut take moving forward:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Looks like 8-8 for me... maybe we can steal one against Minnesota at home and Green Bay at home... but as far as I'm concerned Aaron Rodgers owns us until further notice.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
malk
Head Coach

I now think we take one of the games against the Vikings which, from my original prediction, puts us at 11-5.

If we do a number on the Patriots next week I still think we can end up 12-4.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Through 5 games, we're 3-2... here's my quick rapid fire gut take moving forward:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Looks like 8-8 for me... maybe we can steal one against Minnesota at home and Green Bay at home... but as far as I'm concerned Aaron Rodgers owns us until further notice.
Part of me looks at that schedule and thinks they lose to New England and don't lose again until the Rams game. It's not a terribly daunting schedule.

I don't see the Bears getting swept by both the Packers and Vikings.

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit L
Minnesota L
@Detroit W
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay W
@San Fran W
@Minnesota W

I stand by 10-6.
EricTighe
MVP

11 in a row.

14-2
malk
Head Coach

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:Through 5 games, we're 3-2... here's my quick rapid fire gut take moving forward:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Part of me looks at that schedule and thinks they lose to New England and don't lose again until the Rams game. It's not a terribly daunting schedule.

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit L
Minnesota L
@Detroit W
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay W
@San Fran W
@Minnesota W

I stand by 10-6.
You don't see us sweeping the Lions?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I started the season at 10-6 which included going 3-1 against the AFC East and 2-2 against the NFC West. So while it looks like I might be a game behind my projection after Miami, San Francisco is looking more vulnerable than I originally thought. I'll also stick at 10-6
wab
Mod

malk wrote:
wab wrote:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit L
Minnesota L
@Detroit W
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay W
@San Fran W
@Minnesota W

I stand by 10-6.
You don't see us sweeping the Lions?
I don't think it's out of the question.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

24 hours after the loss in Miami, I feel better about the whole thing. It sucks, but Miami has one of the better secondaries in the league. Our defense was gassed in that heat, and never recovered. If that game was played in Chicago, we win 28-10. knowing what I know now, here's the rest of the season.

New England - W
NY Jets - W
@Buffalo - L
Detroit W
Minnesota W
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay W
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

I think we can beat Minny and GB at home, but somehow figure out how to lose to the Bills in Buffalo. We will beat the Pats at home, IF we can get pressure on Brady. Hopefully Mack is healthy.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I'm very comfortable with my 9-7. I think we lose vs. NE next week and start out 3-3. Then finishing up 6-4 makes sense. I originally thought the 9ers game would be rough and the Minny game could be a gimme with them resting guys heading to the playoffs. Those look like much different games now.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

I doubt Minnesota sweeps us, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we sweep Detroit. I also expect to beat GB after it took a friggin miracle and game 1 Trubisky to eek out a 1 point win at home.
G08
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

I doubt Minnesota sweeps us, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we sweep Detroit. I also expect to beat GB after it took a friggin miracle and game 1 Trubisky to eek out a 1 point win at home.
Eh, I'm on the low end of my fandom today. Should wear off by Wednesday... I hope.
BR0D1E86
MVP

G08 wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Eh, I'm on the low end of my fandom today. Should wear off by Wednesday... I hope.
Believe me, I get it. But this defense will never look like that again. There was a play in overtime where Mack was still on a knee a second after the snap. The humidity completely destroyed them. And I don’t think this offense is going away either. Brighter days are ahead.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

malk wrote:@Green Bay W. Nagy keeps some cards up his sleeve for the opener and they, along with some suffocating D, are enough to get us over the line. Excitement reaches fever pitch!
Seattle W. Another good defensive performance gets us through as the offence is still finding its feet a little.
@Arizona W. Bradford can't overcome our pass rush which remains hearty and healthy. The offence once again does enough despite a long day for Jordan Howard.
Tampa Bay W. The offence gets in on the act in a blowout.
Bye
@Miami W. Not as comprehensive as the Tampa win but a fairly convincing game.
New England L. The 5-0 Bears are talked up as Superb Owl contenders, pretty much just to talk up NE and Brady. We keep it close but after the loss are still dismissed as pretenders.
NY Jets W. Another convincing win against a rebuilding team to get back on track.
@Buffalo W. Rinse repeat of the previous week.
Detroit W. Detroit are going to be bad this year, just a hunch.
Minnesota L. Billed as a NFCN decider, we take a heartbreaking loss but...
@Detroit W. We get their number in game one and run with it here.
@NY Giants W. We get revenge for the sack fest by taking it out on a spent Eli Manning.
LA Rams L. Another loss to pump the brakes a bit. Our depth is starting to get tested after a few injuries.
Green Bay W. A sweep of the Packers? Yes please.
@San Fran W. The Garoppolo hype train has left the station by this point and our offence can overcome their defence.
@Minnesota L. A decider for division title leads to a loss but making the playoffs is a hell of a consolation prize.

Gotta love some preseason meatball.
Congrats my fellow preseason optimist!! My 13-3 fell just short but your correct 12-4 is nearly as sweet! Nice job!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

One person out of 38 predicted 12-4. I am still astonished at how well they did this year. Pleasantly astonished of course.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
malk wrote:@Green Bay W. Nagy keeps some cards up his sleeve for the opener and they, along with some suffocating D, are enough to get us over the line. Excitement reaches fever pitch!
Seattle W. Another good defensive performance gets us through as the offence is still finding its feet a little.
@Arizona W. Bradford can't overcome our pass rush which remains hearty and healthy. The offence once again does enough despite a long day for Jordan Howard.
Tampa Bay W. The offence gets in on the act in a blowout.
Bye
@Miami W. Not as comprehensive as the Tampa win but a fairly convincing game.
New England L. The 5-0 Bears are talked up as Superb Owl contenders, pretty much just to talk up NE and Brady. We keep it close but after the loss are still dismissed as pretenders.
NY Jets W. Another convincing win against a rebuilding team to get back on track.
@Buffalo W. Rinse repeat of the previous week.
Detroit W. Detroit are going to be bad this year, just a hunch.
Minnesota L. Billed as a NFCN decider, we take a heartbreaking loss but...
@Detroit W. We get their number in game one and run with it here.
@NY Giants W. We get revenge for the sack fest by taking it out on a spent Eli Manning.
LA Rams L. Another loss to pump the brakes a bit. Our depth is starting to get tested after a few injuries.
Green Bay W. A sweep of the Packers? Yes please.
@San Fran W. The Garoppolo hype train has left the station by this point and our offence can overcome their defence.
@Minnesota L. A decider for division title leads to a loss but making the playoffs is a hell of a consolation prize.

Gotta love some preseason meatball.

12-4? This town would go nuts.

Chicago would begin clearing space for Nagy’s statue if he could pull off a turn around like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A) the town IS going nuts
B) He did pull a worst to first turn around
C) I heard they are casting a statue of Nagy the size of The Statue of Liberty, to be put out near the breakwall in the lake.
wab
Mod

I love going through these threads and re-living the emotional rollercoaster that is G08. :)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I love going through these threads and re-living the emotional rollercoaster that is G08. :)
:rofl: His emotions regarding the Bears are like a bag of wet cats.

I love going through it and seeing how absolutely wrong I was.
malk
Head Coach

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Surprised I never posted in this thread. I had the Bears at 6-10 though. So glad I was way off.

I can imagine all the 16-0 predictions for next year.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:I love going through these threads and re-living the emotional rollercoaster that is G08. :)
:rofl: His emotions regarding the Bears are like a bag of wet cats.

I love going through it and seeing how absolutely wrong I was.
"Bag of wet cats". LOLOL

I love laughing at my 9-7, too. :D
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

UOK wrote:11-5. I think the Mack acquisition and Nagy coaching style put them into the playoffs.
So close. Damn I'm good.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Notice has been served.
G08
Hall of Famer

Try living it! :lol:
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

New England - L
NY Jets W
@Buffalo W
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Detroit L
@NY Giants W
LA Rams L
Green Bay L
@San Fran W
@Minnesota L

Notice has been served.
I love being wrong, oh so deliciously wrong :D
G08
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:So many unknowns right now that I can't predict more than 9 wins.

If the offense takes off and Khalil Mack does what we all hope he will do, I can see 11-12 wins.
AHEM Whiskey :lol:
Stay_Cool
MVP

12-4

Don't @ me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:

If the offense takes off and Khalil Mack does what we all hope he will do, I can see 11-12 wins.
I wrote that? No way. I was far too jaded and cynical at the beginning of the year. :)
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:

I invite you to take a spin through the Giants thread where you were convinced you don't lose to the Dolphins and Giants and win more than 8 games, let alone make the playoffs. And I was all "I think we win out" and you were all "you're high". :)
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

I invite you to take a spin through the Giants thread where you were convinced you don't lose to the Dolphins and Giants and win more than 8 games, let alone make the playoffs. And I was all "I think we win out" and you were all "you're high". :)
Oh I remember it :lol:

This season was "prove it to me" and they surely have done so. I'll be back to chugging the Kool-Aid next year and beyond!
IE
Hall of Famer

Fun stuff to go back and read. Very few people are regularly optimistic, even when there are good reasons to be encouraged. It's a snakebit fanbase.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!