DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Davantesghost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
Davantesghost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
Davantesghost wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Green Bay had the 22nd ranked defense last year, and you're saying that you're only deficient in ONE spot, CB? I find that hard to believe. The Bears had the 10th ranked defense, and added Khalil Mack, the BEST EDGE/OLB in the game today. My guess is they will be top 5 this year. GB will be lucky to sniff the top half.

Trey Burton is 26, Graham is 31. How is that even relevant?
Yes. By the numbers, our atrocious corner position was what caused our low ranking. By the numbers, the rest of the D was pretty good. But when your corners are far and away the worst in the league you arent going to get far, well, at least without Rodgers outscoring the other team for you, that is.

Khalil Mack had 10.5 sacks last year. Have fun with that contract.

It was being used agaimst Graham that he was 31, but now your trying to use that as an excuse as to why his last season alone out performed Burtons entire career? That seems odd.
In regards to your comments about Mack's sack numbers. Here's my two cents.

There was this tweet about the concerns over Mack's sack numbers. Sacks aren't the only statistic that count to be considered a great pass rusher. Just look back at 2016 when Clowney made the Pro Bowl and had 6 sacks total. Here's a tweet from a Bears beat writer that explains it a bit more:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically shows that while he had 10.5 sacks last year - that doesn't really tell the full story. You have to game plan for him as an offense or he will continually dominate single blocks.
Bahktiari has handled Mack one on one for zero sacks already. Im not concerned.

I agree raw sack numbers arent everything, but i never said they were.
But you said, "Khalil Mack had 10.5 sacks last year. Have fun with that contract." which to me, implies that you're saying 10.5 sacks don't justify his contract. My argument to that is he's led the league in QB pressures since being in the league in 2014. The combination of his presence, QB pressures and sacks, I think he should be worth the impact he'll have on this defense. Time will tell.

Also, Floyd will most likely be the ROLB, meaning he'll be up against Bahktiari at LT. Mack will be going against Bulaga.

Floyd has had some success against Bahktiari in the limited games they've faced each other, so it'll be an interesting matchup.
Yes, i think there is a good chance that Mack was overpaid for, based upon his production. Thats different from saying sack are all that matter however. You would still like more then 10 sacks from a guy that well paid, his sacks have decreased each year since 15.

Usually a teams best pass rusher gets puts up against the LT, but if the Bears are a reversal from the norm, ill take your word for it.

I dont recall Floyd having any success against Bahktiari at all, source? Bahktiari is the leagues premier LT.
If you recall the Thursday night game at Lambeau in 2016, Floyd had 2 sacks, 1 FF and a recovered a fumble for a TD in the end zone. I know for a fact one of the sacks was an inside move on Bahktiari and he sacked Rodgers. The other was a stunt going in from the right side of the Packers line, so not really against him specifically.

Last year in the first game against the Packers at Lambeau - Floyd had a sack as well, not against Bahktiari but against the replacement RT. The other times the Bears played the Packers from 2016 and 2017, Floyd was hurt so they didn't face each other. There's some evidence of minor success in a small sample size, I'm interested to see how he does this week, even with a club on his hand.

2016 game: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2017 game: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2:56 mark)
Never Die Easy
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:
Davantesghost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
Davantesghost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
Davantesghost wrote:
Yes. By the numbers, our atrocious corner position was what caused our low ranking. By the numbers, the rest of the D was pretty good. But when your corners are far and away the worst in the league you arent going to get far, well, at least without Rodgers outscoring the other team for you, that is.

Khalil Mack had 10.5 sacks last year. Have fun with that contract.

It was being used agaimst Graham that he was 31, but now your trying to use that as an excuse as to why his last season alone out performed Burtons entire career? That seems odd.
In regards to your comments about Mack's sack numbers. Here's my two cents.

There was this tweet about the concerns over Mack's sack numbers. Sacks aren't the only statistic that count to be considered a great pass rusher. Just look back at 2016 when Clowney made the Pro Bowl and had 6 sacks total. Here's a tweet from a Bears beat writer that explains it a bit more:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically shows that while he had 10.5 sacks last year - that doesn't really tell the full story. You have to game plan for him as an offense or he will continually dominate single blocks.
Bahktiari has handled Mack one on one for zero sacks already. Im not concerned.

I agree raw sack numbers arent everything, but i never said they were.
But you said, "Khalil Mack had 10.5 sacks last year. Have fun with that contract." which to me, implies that you're saying 10.5 sacks don't justify his contract. My argument to that is he's led the league in QB pressures since being in the league in 2014. The combination of his presence, QB pressures and sacks, I think he should be worth the impact he'll have on this defense. Time will tell.

Also, Floyd will most likely be the ROLB, meaning he'll be up against Bahktiari at LT. Mack will be going against Bulaga.

Floyd has had some success against Bahktiari in the limited games they've faced each other, so it'll be an interesting matchup.
Yes, i think there is a good chance that Mack was overpaid for, based upon his production. Thats different from saying sack are all that matter however. You would still like more then 10 sacks from a guy that well paid, his sacks have decreased each year since 15.

Usually a teams best pass rusher gets puts up against the LT, but if the Bears are a reversal from the norm, ill take your word for it.

I dont recall Floyd having any success against Bahktiari at all, source? Bahktiari is the leagues premier LT.
If you recall the Thursday night game at Lambeau in 2016, Floyd had 2 sacks, 1 FF and a recovered a fumble for a TD in the end zone. I know for a fact one of the sacks was an inside move on Bahktiari and he sacked Rodgers. The other was a stunt going in from the right side of the Packers line, so not really against him specifically.

Last year in the first game against the Packers at Lambeau - Floyd had a sack as well, not against Bahktiari but against the replacement RT. The other times the Bears played the Packers from 2016 and 2017, Floyd was hurt so they didn't face each other. There's some evidence of minor success in a small sample size, I'm interested to see how he does this week, even with a club on his hand.

2016 game: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2017 game: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2:56 mark)
Thanks for posting the 2017 clip. I almost forgot how bad Glennon was. Thanks for the reminder. Excuse me while I go claw my eyes out. :puke: :frustrated: